• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 IFBB Tampa Pro - info & updates

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
JEB_8256wtmk_BIXSEVUBHTJPG-1.jpg

JEB_8165wtmk_ZVAVIWFGPIJPG-1.jpg

JEB_8192wtmk_UIFKMJSCDHJPG-1.jpg

JEB_8195wtmk_ZVKLUDFDCNJPG-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Videos, interviews..

2010 Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Pre-Judging Wrap-Up

Shawn Ray Interviews Ben White after Winning the PBW Pro

2010 PBW Tampa Pro Final Bodybuilding and Bikini Assessment and Wrapup!

Last edited by a moderator:
Konan

Konan

Nunn has such a great frame to build on. If he gained mass to his upper body he would make a serious treath.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Steve Namat has bumped up a few spots, although I thought he looked a bit better last year.

Ben White winning is like begging for 5yrs of bragging.

I don't know that I've seen so many competitors lacking a back in one competition.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Pics & Results:

Open:

1. Ben White - $10,000
2. Troy Alves - $4,000
3. Johnnie Jackson - $3,000
4. Edward Nunn - $2,000
5. Michael Kefalianos - $1,000

6. Brandon Curry
7. Hidetada Yamagishi
8. Francisco Bautista
9. Michael Liberatore
10.Darrem Charles

202:

1. Jose Raymond
2. Steve Namat
3. Tricky Jackson
4. Nathan Wonsley
5. Luc Molines
(6.Clarence DeVis)

Scorecards:

2010pbw_scorecard1-1.jpg

B. Curry disappointed. 6th place after 2+ years since he's got his pro card, would not be that bad for an Arnold or Olympia debut, but in a 3rd tier pro show like Tampa, is not what the most would expect him to do.

Also his legs are lacking big time compared to his huge upper body. All in all, if he will bring his quads up and the condition, he will be a top pro at any show. Still, an incredible potential.

DSC_1592_DLEIZOSJEZ-1.jpg

DSC_1599_OQLXWOQZOM-1.jpg

DSC_1604_NETYHLJWBV-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Reason why Hidetada wasn't at least top 3, like many of us thought:

Hidetada Yamagishi had to pull out of the PBW Tampa Pro due to a Leg Injury sustained earlier in the week while training in Los Angeles.

Hide felt he had put in so much work he would try to give it a go, by end of Prejudging the pain would not allow this Iron Warrior to continue.
There was speculation at Prejudging that Hide looked to be hobbled by something and now we know why.
His upper body was near "Peak" but his lower body was considerably Softer leaving him somewhere around 5th to 7th place from where I sat.

With this injury, Hide will also NOT be competing next week at the Europa Connecticut.

Check his right quad.

JEB_6738wtmk_ZRTUIDCAYMJPG-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Some prejudging vids:

Brandon Curry prejudging

Open class: Last call out

Open class: First call out

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Fuck!! All my coverage was deleted with the upgrade!!..

now i'm depressed...

glad Ben won it though.. he deserved. it.

once again, don't eat BSN it will outplace you.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
LOL I had 5.800 posts yesterday... all made in this thread - pics play by play...

I wanna cry.....

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
haha come on brah, it happens, you'll get your whore posts later hehe xoxoxo

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Fuck!! All my coverage was deleted with the upgrade!!..

now i'm depressed...

glad Ben won it though.. he deserved. it.

once again, don't eat BSN it will outplace you.

Yea once again, BSN athletes disappoint..

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
haha come on brah, it happens, you'll get your whore posts later hehe xoxoxo

it wasn't whore posts, it were 50+ posts of the 202 and mens pre jusdging with every competitor and play by play..

it sucks.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
it wasn't whore posts, it were 50+ posts of the 202 and mens pre jusdging with every competitor and play by play..

it sucks.

Didn't knew that. We'll do the "mecca play by play" better at the next show though.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The ?Lifetime Achievement Award? went to Lee Haney, 8 times Mr O

by Shawn Ray

In 1982, Lee Haney burst onto the National Bodybuilding scene by way of winning the NPC National Overall Championships and would go onto an illustrious career of winning a record tying 8 Mr. Olympia Titles securing him firmly into the IFBB Hall of Fame while retiring from the contest stage at the ripe old age of 31.
Lee, originally from Spartanburg, South Carolina grew up to marry his high school sweetheart, Shirley and eventually become the husband and father to their two children Joshua and Olympia whom they raised in Atlanta, Georgia. Lee was a Joe Weider sponsored athlete throughout his Pro career until his final Olympia Victory in Orlando, Florida back in 1991 at which time Steve Blechman signed him to a 5 year deal with Twinlabs Supplement Co. While Lee stood head and shoulders above his peers breaking into the Pro scene back in 1983 where he would finish his Mr. Olympia debut in a respectable 3rd place, he would go on to beat the defending champion, Samir Bannout in 1984 and never relinquish it again during the next seven consecutive years of defending the title!
A mile stone was achieved by Lee when he tied Arnold Schwarzenegger?s Mr. Olympia record of 7 wins at the 1990 Drug Tested Contest in Chicago, Illinois. Of course he would return to break the record the following year while being challenged by another IFBB Pro newcomer who would wind up in the IFBB Bodybuilding Hall of Fame after finishing runner up to Lee in 91? by the name of Dorian Yates, an eventual 6 Time Mr. Olympia title holder himself. It was at this time that Lee felt his work was done and decided to walk away from competition and change directions, as there was nothing more to accomplish with a lot to lose should he stick around as they reward for ?Bigger is Better? was eeking into the Judging criteria.
Lee spent the next few year representing Twinlabs, doing Seminars, Signing Autographs and the like until he was signed to the Presidents Counsel of Physical Fitness during President Bill Clinton?s term. Lee was also the owner of Animal Kingdom Gym in Atlanta during his contest days but would give that venture up moving toward his growing interest in the Wellness Program he headed up and is still active in down south. Not one to rest on his laurels, Lee began the Harvest House which helps develop wayward kids and teenagers in search of mentoring with direction both physically, mentally and spiritually as Lee has always recognized Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savoir spreading the Gospel when and where he could by planting Seeds of Hope and Love being used by God in ways that only the gifts he was provided could.
Lee is now age 50 still living in Atlanta, Ga. with his wife and daughter who at 19 is aJunior in College and son who graduated from Citadel College two years ago, is actively promoting his own line of Supplements with a focus on ?Wellness? which he is all to familiar with and enjoying much success in helping others achieve health and fitness. His latest venture is a Training Certification Business helping people get Professional Certification to Personal Train others and help them the Totalee Awesome Way! This Saturday night July 17th, Lee will be recognized for his body of work and thanked for the memories of inspiration and motivation by contest promoter, Tim Gardner on behalf of the late IFBB President & Co-Founder, Ben Weider. Previous recipients of this award were Mr. Olympia 1982, Chris Dickerson in 2008 and Lee?s old nemesis, ?The Dragon Slayer? Rich Gaspari last year.
During Lee?s competitive career he had to beat a treasure trove of now ?Hall of Fame Bodybuilders? like: Mike Christian, Lee Labrada, Rich Gaspari, Dorian Yates, Vince Taylor, Berry DeMey, Samir Bannout, Bob Paris, Albert Beckels, Mohammad Makaway, Robby Robinson and of course yours truly! Lee?s record number of wins at the Mr. Olympia of 8 has since been tied by one, Ronnie Coleman who has hinted of a Comeback but odds are this is one record that will remain intact and probably never broken!

Salt

Salt

it sucks.

Are you okay bro? I saw your post's and they where great :thumbsup2:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Are you okay bro? I saw your post's and they where great :thumbsup2:

lol

thanks it was a bit of works , but nothing special.

i'm ok why wouldn't i be..

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Ben White After Winning the 2010 IFBB PBW Tampa Pro!

Top 5 Finals judging