• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2014 Mr Olympia updates and discussion

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Re: 2014 Mr Olympia - updates & discussion thread!

Will it happen?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Will it happen?

I don't think so. Putting aside the childish behavior I just don't think Kai was ready when compared to Phil.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm curious as to why people r talking poorly about Kai? The judges said spread out and Phil was on the end.... He has to move over so everyone can spread out. * wants to see the fight* I get the impression Phil is a coward and would run of it came to blows. Lol jokes aside my first imlression of Kai was... fuck he tried too much size again. But then Phil came out looking off too. Then as the prejudging lrogressed Kai got tighter and Phil looked more flat Imo. Also... Ronnie's understudy, Shawn, he looked great! I was surprised to see winklaar so low. Best he has looked Imo.
I saw that too. Phil was pushing his foot in to Kai. It looked like Kai was hitting into Phil first though with how hands and arms.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Some videos from the prejudging:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

More comparisons:

1850mrolympiaweekend14109_final-1.jpg
1850mrolympiaweekend14055_final-1.jpg
1850mrolympiaweekend13995_final-1.jpg
1850mrolympiaweekend13977_final-1.jpg
1850mrolympiaweekend13959_final-1.jpg
1850mrolympiaweekend14075_final-1.jpg

gv0861

gv0861

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Agree tkd Kai totally overeacted there with phil
I lost so much respect for Kai.

At the end of the day, he showed who he really is!
A kind of bad kind, made in the suburbs, showed his class ..no is nothing strange!
Phil is first class, a gentleman, a good example for the sport!

I never thought to all those cheap Kai concepts of repentance for missing
and surrender for do the wrong thing at some point in life.

Once more I realize that Kai never won the Olympia, his own essence prevents him all the time! ..
I am going to have to agree with you. I grew up in the Souh Bronx in a single parent home. I made my own way through college and grad school. I now make a very good salary and am at the top of my field. Not once did I cry because I was deprived- and yes, I did go to bed hungry sometimes because mom could not scrape enough food. Not once did I disparage others who had a better life than I did. I just buckled down and did what I needed to do in order to get to where I am.
i too lost respect for Kai. All that philosophical talk about being the best and believing in your potential.......Well, Mr. Green, get over the fact that u grew up poor. Get over the fact that you made mistakes. Get over the fact that you were deprived. Get over it and act like a champ, with class and decorum. Because until you do, you will be an ass with mass rather than class with mass.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

kai greene is pissed of..hope he doesnt pull a chris benoit rage in the finals

with this kind of behavior his making it more difficult for him self..let the dark past and now this...there is no way he is taking the title even if he was better(which he is not)

dont know what happened and he is behaving like that...i can only assume he stressed him self to the limit while preparing for the contest and now has reached a boiling point

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Ms. Olympia Scorecards

2014 Bikini
2014 ms olympia scorecards
2014 fitness
Fitness olympia scorecards

2014 Ms. Olympia
Womensbb ms olympia scorecard

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Oksana Grishina Fitness Olympia Winner

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

with this kind of behavior his making it more difficult for him self..let the dark past and now this...there is no way he is taking the title even if he was better(which he is not)

dont know what happened and he is behaving like that...i can only assume he stressed him self to the limit while preparing for the contest and now has reached a boiling point

U don't remember when Phil was making it physical last year and how disappointed the fans were in him? Phil still won. Even with his politician like response to the fans disgust for his behavior.

A

advan140

i think kai greens little stunt actually took away his chance to win possibly. im sure judges will not want Mr. Olympia to be acting like that when you have to be a good example of the sport. poor sportmanship

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

i think kai greens little stunt actually took away his chance to win possibly. im sure judges will not want Mr. Olympia to be acting like that when you have to be a good example of the sport. poor sportmanship

Could be but I also think Phil just looked more on top with his physique then Kai.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

U don't remember when Phil was making it physical last year and how disappointed the fans were in him? Phil still won. Even with his politician like response to the fans disgust for his behavior.

i think that was in 2012 but i may be wrong..regardless of what heath did/does i expected from greene who is older and more experienced to act more maturely

i wanted greene to win but after this i lost every tiny bit of hope

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

I agree with this. I hope "they" won't punish Kai even more, giving him 3rd place. Anything is possible in IFBB.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Some of these guys really missed their peak for prejudging. IMO it looks like it's going to be either Rhoden or Phil with Kai behind them. Could be personal preference though. I was really hoping for a better showing from Vic. Thanks for posting all the pics tkD :)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Alright, so my quick review on the 2014 Mr Olympia prejudging:

ps. not biased.

Front double biceps:

1st - Kai Greene
2nd - Phil Heath
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

Kai looks complete from head to toe, proportions and conditioning. He really made this pose one of his strongest. Phil on the other hand has great arms, legs but overall he doesn't looks as impressive as he was in 2011, his best showing to date imo. Shawn takes 3rd in this comparison.

Front lat spread:

1st - Kai Greene
2nd - Phil Heath
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

Again Kai wins this pose in my opinion. Wider structure, looks more dominant and conditioned. Phil takes 2nd over Shawn Rhoden due to his overall thickness.

Side Chest:

1st - Phil Heath
2nd - Kai Greene
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

I know some of you will disagree, but Phil wins the side chest imo. Chest, the positioning of the arms, the hang of the ham, and overall the "look" of the pose looks better on Phil. Kai still has that protruding stomach from the side, and it doesn't look that good imo. He wins over Shawn because of his overall thickness.

Rear lat spread:

1st - Kai Greene
2nd - Phil Heath
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

If this was the 2012 Mr O, then Phil would have won. Nowadays, Kai brought up his traps, and just looks fuller overall with lower body to match. Phil, to me looks a bit smaller this year. He still wins over Shawn on details and conditioning.

Rear double biceps:

1st - Phil Heath
2nd - Kai Greene
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

Pretty close. Kai was the advantage of the width, and Phil has him on details and lower body conditioning. Could go either way I guess. Anyway both are better than Shawn imo.

Abs & thigh:

1st - Kai Greene
2nd - Phil Heath
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

Kai. That detail on his legs + the taper is just too much. Phil gets 2nd over Shawn, mainly because I think Shawn wasn't flexing his legs as hard. He used to own this pose in 2012 and 2013.

Most muscular:

1st - Phil Heath
2nd - Kai Greene
3rd - Shawn Rhoden

Winner - Phil. The delts, arms and everything else looks fuller and more impressive than Kai. Kai's chest/delts and arms are not as full in this pose. His quad striations on the other hand are sick.

Overall, if the Mr O would be judged "fair", the winner would be Kai imo. What will happen in real life is another story. Hope that the finals will be even more interesting.

From this 1st call out, I have Kai 1st, Phil 2nd, and Shawn 3rd.

Dsafsd

:icon_mrgreen:

Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

But wait a minute, maybe Jay is giving us a hint. :icon_mrgreen:

Jay and phil 2014 mr o

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

WELL SAID gv0861
Like Phil said in the conference ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Kai is an attention-whore & a pity-seeker _ there is no way in hell he is making less than a couple of Milion a year _ and has been doing so for a good few years ENOUGH WITH THE "AT LEAST YOU HAD A FATHER" BS! HE has made it & we all appreciate his rise STOP THE PETTY PITY SEEKING Mr. Kai!

Physique wise BOTH Phil & Kai looked almost the same as last year so it makes sense they were placed as last year too!
Agree tkd Kai totally overeacted there with phil
I lost so much respect for Kai.

At the end of the day, he showed who he really is!
A kind of bad kind, made in the suburbs, showed his class ..no is nothing strange!
Phil is first class, a gentleman, a good example for the sport!

I never thought to all those cheap Kai concepts of repentance for missing
and surrender for do the wrong thing at some point in life.

Once more I realize that Kai never won the Olympia, his own essence prevents him all the time! ..
I am going to have to agree with you. I grew up in the Souh Bronx in a single parent home. I made my own way through college and grad school. I now make a very good salary and am at the top of my field. Not once did I cry because I was deprived- and yes, I did go to bed hungry sometimes because mom could not scrape enough food. Not once did I disparage others who had a better life than I did. I just buckled down and did what I needed to do in order to get to where I am.
i too lost respect for Kai. All that philosophical talk about being the best and believing in your potential.......Well, Mr. Green, get over the fact that u grew up poor. Get over the fact that you made mistakes. Get over the fact that you were deprived. Get over it and act like a champ, with class and decorum. Because until you do, you will be an ass with mass rather than class with mass.