• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

2019 Mr. Olympia Updates

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
1,373
Points
83
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.
We really need some good comparison shots. I think Hadi looked the best though he wasn't the largest. Roelly was definitely huge.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Here is Hadi Choopan going up against Dexter Jackson. FB IMG 1569411818501
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.
I would love to see Roelly win an Olympia!
 
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
1,373
Points
83
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.
I would love to see Roelly win an Olympia!

I feel that we're going through another period such as the one from 1979-1984 when there were several winners without two consecutive:

1979 - Frank Zane
1980- Arnold Schwarzenegger
1981 - Franco Columbu
1982 - Chris Dickerson
1983 - Samir Bannout
1984 - Lee Haney
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.
I would love to see Roelly win an Olympia!

I feel that we're going through another period such as the one from 1979-1984 when there were several winners without two consecutive:

1979 - Frank Zane
1980- Arnold Schwarzenegger
1981 - Franco Columbu
1982 - Chris Dickerson
1983 - Samir Bannout
1984 - Lee Haney


I agree with this.
Next year I think it might go to Flex Lewis if he shows up in shredded, and with his balance and proportions I don't see anyone else beating him: not Curry, Bonac or anyone else.

At this point I think Phil won't comeback, Rhoden said in a recent interview that his main dream since he started bodybuilding was to win the Arnold Classic (he witnessed Ronnie's dominant win in 2001 ASC and was impressed by that), and when he was asked if he will compete at next year's Olympia (if he'll be unbanned) he said "nah...too early to say".
I would say he is pissed off and disgusted by the IFBB's decision so he might never comeback as well.

Hopefuly by 2021 someone as dominant as Haney/Yates/Coleman will show up.
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
Finally that big bloated gut look is starting to fade away.

I think if Flex Lewis comes back he will win for sure.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
What do you all think about Patrick Moore?
Patrick Moore
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
^^Right now he's a bit light in the quads and traps, but overall has a great structure. Will be interesting to see his progress over the next couple of years.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
He's a great champion and role model. Much better than Phil Heath.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
Top