• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2019 Mr. Olympia Updates

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Call me nuts, but I still say Roelly should have won the Olympia or placed second at worst. He didn't have to face some of the guys who placed ahead of him a week later in Italy, but was clearly the best on stage, anyway.
We really need some good comparison shots. I think Hadi looked the best though he wasn't the largest. Roelly was definitely huge.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is Hadi Choopan going up against Dexter Jackson. FB IMG 1569411818501

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I would love to see Roelly win an Olympia!

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

I feel that we're going through another period such as the one from 1979-1984 when there were several winners without two consecutive:

1979 - Frank Zane
1980- Arnold Schwarzenegger
1981 - Franco Columbu
1982 - Chris Dickerson
1983 - Samir Bannout
1984 - Lee Haney

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

I feel that we're going through another period such as the one from 1979-1984 when there were several winners without two consecutive:

1979 - Frank Zane
1980- Arnold Schwarzenegger
1981 - Franco Columbu
1982 - Chris Dickerson
1983 - Samir Bannout
1984 - Lee Haney

I agree with this.
Next year I think it might go to Flex Lewis if he shows up in shredded, and with his balance and proportions I don't see anyone else beating him: not Curry, Bonac or anyone else.

At this point I think Phil won't comeback, Rhoden said in a recent interview that his main dream since he started bodybuilding was to win the Arnold Classic (he witnessed Ronnie's dominant win in 2001 ASC and was impressed by that), and when he was asked if he will compete at next year's Olympia (if he'll be unbanned) he said "nah...too early to say".
I would say he is pissed off and disgusted by the IFBB's decision so he might never comeback as well.

Hopefuly by 2021 someone as dominant as Haney/Yates/Coleman will show up.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Finally that big bloated gut look is starting to fade away.

I think if Flex Lewis comes back he will win for sure.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you all think about Patrick Moore?
Patrick Moore

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^Right now he's a bit light in the quads and traps, but overall has a great structure. Will be interesting to see his progress over the next couple of years.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's a great champion and role model. Much better than Phil Heath.

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!