• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5/3/1 Lifting League

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pickle you know as well as I do that you don't want to be short. All of a sudden you are limited for choice in women.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lol i dont have a point. im just dirty that i had a shit lifting week, this and that all strength formulas have been made by king of the lurkers.

i guess the best way to explain my grief is this.

im 101kg and my chest is probably 44inches or less (size correlates with strength whatever)
freako is 90 something kg and his chest is 50 inches

his weight is distributed to help him lift.
my weight is distributed because im tall yet i am penalized for being heavier.

for my chest to get 50 inches ill have to get stronger and no doubt heavier. i will be punished even more on wilks method.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Actually Wilks is in favour of the heavier lifter because it recognises that you can't gain proportionally more strength per unit of muscle gained.

But you are right, shorter heavier set lifters are advantaged by any of these formulas.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^ Actually Wilks is in favour of the heavier lifter because it recognises that you can't gain proportionally more strength per unit of muscle gained.

i probably should of read the wilks formula before i had my meltdown, but meh. stupid everything.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Don't cry too much Pickle, at least you can press!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Don't cry too much Pickle, at least you can press!

true. sorry. youll press again soon.
ill just aim to try and climb this list. i guess my paramount concern what im dirty about is that im behind natzo.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey Pickle, it's just a number man :) nothing more. You have solid lifts. Thumbs up

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
not as sexy as u. But thats besides the point.
im 101kg because im 6 foot 3 not because im strong full of muscle mass. I was 85kgs at 14 years old.

I wish I was 6' 3" :tear:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldnt mind being taller either. im 176 cm but would gladly take another 8-10 cm if i could.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ Bulky, you shouldn't. It brings some extra handsomeness, no doubt, but for averything else it sucks. I'm only 1.85m (6'1") and I barely fit on low-cost plane seats to give you an example. My femur+knee+hipbone is longer than the space between those damn things.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Meh. I find that at 182cm. I was on a domestic flight and my head was touching the roof, I had to duck at the light fittings!!!!

But I would still like to be 185 to 188cm. That way all of me would be in proportion :gaygay:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^ Meh. I find that at 182cm. I was on a domestic flight and my head was touching the roof, I had to duck at the light fittings!!!!

But I would still like to be 185 to 188cm. That way all of me would be in proportion :gaygay:

pfff u had to duck, poor u, i limbo to get on a domestic flight and ur whinging about ducking

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP

yes, that happens to me too. The only direct flight between my hometown and the missus' hometown is done in a small plane in wich I can sit comfortably, but can't stand up lol being any taller than me must be a Fing nightmare for those traveling a lot by plane.

In not-so-expensive-but-popular restaurants they crowd their rooms so much with tables that often times i barely fit on those without my chair touching that behind mine. Not to talk about regular in-town buses.

Well, at least i'm not a midget.

tim said:

Somehow i thought you were a bit taller than me.However in those terms i should be a lot taller, too :borat:

On a serious note, ROM/leverage on benchpress and such due to long arms is a disadvantage, but i think it's nothing compared with the hell that it's deadlifting with long legs. Getting the bar higher=more potential energy gained=more work done. Damn midgets lockout at a height i still have my knees bent. /rant

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
pfff u had to duck, poor u, i limbo to get on a domestic flight and ur whinging about ducking

I can quite comfortably walk perfectly upright on planes.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I can't fit in planes either... I'm a wee bit too wide to be comfortable.

Its an inconvenience I'm willing to suffer for being awesome.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Since I updated my log and my numbers are of no secret now:

Cycle 3, Week 1

• Military Press: 92.1 kg
  • Deadlift: 181.8 kg
  • Bench Press: 141.8 kg
  • Squat: 148.4 kg

Total: 564.1 kg
BW: 88.2 kg