• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Alexey Lesukov

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
I am honestly not upset. I understand the difference between the pictures. I was going to prove a point about bodybuidling fans supporting all of the athletes and not just the ones they like b/c the public sees no difference between any of the guys.
So we have to like all BodyBuilders regardless of our own tastes, preferences and ideals? You can't foist that upon anyone. Should we defend Bodybuilders to the general ignorance, sure, but doesn't mean we should support the individual.

They are all jacked up steroid users and that is all they will ever be to the mainstream in any near future. I was going to try to add an idea to the fan base mindset that the bashing of any athlete is not beneficial to such a closet sport, but I did not get the opportunity.
If this was Valentino you would be singing a different tune. But because this is Kai, a top tier pro, we are meant to be mindless fanboys?

That was my purpose, nothing more. People adopt change better when they are brought to that change from a belief or position they currently hold, that is why I so obviously attacked the picture of Alexey Lesukov. [#]Alex Lesukov[/#] is popular so what better an athlete to use for that purpose. I attached him to Kai Greene because Kai Greene is the most recent blatent forum whipping boy and so happens to be a huge representative of the sport as the ASC champion.
You created a strawman in order to draw a comparison to further your stance. This was inappropriate and flawed. All you did was further polarise the opinion. I also don't think Kai's popularity has anything to do with his notoriety.

It is obvious that most people really do not like bodybuilding as a whole or love the sport at all. They love the most popular trend and the athlete that they can identify with most easily and that is expected in an idol worship( This has zero reference to religion) society like America, but it is not beneficial to such a voodoo sport as bodybuilding.
So you want us to like all athletes to stop us being so fickle by having us align our idolization with what is popular, so as to become fickle as popularity changes........:umwtf:

Once again no-one has to love an athlete, any one sport, or be told they can't have a change of heart about their idols. I don't have to support or tolerate aspects of a sport or individuals within a sport, as long as I can justify my reasons and they are rational and well founded.

I am really surprised at Joe and Tim though you actually thought I would draw a conclusion based on equating two pictures b/c of such a weak similarity and really truly believe it? I was dealing with the psychology of belief and taking the appropriate steps to change a popular belief. I created an easily argued against point of view that was negative against a popular athlete so more people would respond.
You weren't changing a popular belief. Your failed analogy was debased very simply due to the wholly differing contexts underlined. Now if you wanted to draw a comparison between JoJ (or another successful Bodybuilder that has posed nude for a fetish site) and Kai Greene then you would have had a better basis for your argument. But simply put people have a right to be outraged or disgusted or unperturbed by things, it is more about whether there is worthy and rational justification for their feelings about something.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
Why seal your fate in such a way? You're clearly wrong and, furthermore, arrogant of it. I'm not sure why you're making things worse on yourself.
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
Why seal your fate in such a way? You're clearly wrong and, furthermore, arrogant of it. I'm not sure why you're making things worse on yourself.

Post your brilliant retort. I crave your arguments, you have no idea how much I desire to be challenged by someone who is well read. I am happily awaiting your reply and cannot wait to bear the bulk under my superficial intentionally arrogant responses.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Id just like to add this before the thread closes.

motivator5f358729dffc02af6f7f57b3c1-1.jpg

:bitenails:

underated joke imo.
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
People can be disgusted for what ever reason, they do not need rational justification. Rational justification is simply truth with the criteria of aesthetically pleasing facts. That might be what we require but that is most certainly not what society requires. The criteria for truth in society is sadly, popularity. Also to ignore the effect their opinions have on the sport internally, and in the main stream is only pushing the sport further into the closet.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
i sense alcohol in this thread..
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
You're throwing around insults now? Why do you care so much? This whole topic is irrelevant.

like Line said... Let. It. Go.

More of a classification than an insult but you get the idea. I also felt that I owed you a reply. You took the time out to respond to me and I should do the same for you.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Create a paypal account I will put up 500 USD that that would not be the response.

Ben, I'd want at least 500 sterling. I'm a poor student.

Oh and obviously that would not be the response word for word but in conclusion, people would see that there's a clear difference between the two pics. Its not fucking hard. Seriously, I actually don't hate on Kai Greene though, I have a little respect for how hard he's had to work and I'm not a fan of Alexey Lesukov. So there's no biased in my point whatsoever.

Your goal Ben, whenever this thread finishes is to come round to sense and hopefully see that you are wrong about this. :borat:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
More of a classification than an insult but you get the idea. I also felt that I owed you a reply. You took the time out to respond to me and I should do the same for you.

A very poor reply on your part. I was facetious. Plain and simple. It did not require such an aggressive reply from you.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
^ what is it!? Grapefruit?

I can't see on ma stupid crackberry
 
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
Sports figures are hated the world over. Baseball fans hate certain players and teams, yet those individuals still have their fan base, which, in turn, still pays their salary. This is to be expected of all sports, bodybuilding notwithstanding.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Similar threads

underbody
Replies
1
Views
6K
tkD
tkD
underbody
Replies
4
Views
10K
111kg
1
TalkAdmin
Replies
0
Views
3K
TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin
Natzo
Replies
5
Views
7K
dilatedmuscle
dilatedmuscle
Top