• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Alexey Lesukov

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
meanwhile, lets flash back to...

xin_392020409175678133219-1.jpg

Oh noes! daniel radcliffe is disgracing harry potter with beastiality

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Give the guy some cheeseburger. Nasty pic :D

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I have seen this before..

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The popularity of bodybuilding in comparison to baseball and any other sport is almost laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this arguement is on the fast road to nowhere

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
wheres the typo natzi when we need him?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The popularity of bodybuilding in comparison to baseball and any other sport is almost laughable.

Ok, just so we're all clear; you deliberately created a hollow strawman in order to have a discussion you couldn't win in order to educate people who couldn't care less, especially now that your argument has lost all meaning.

I also still take issue with this point:
My point is that if bodybuilding is to ever make any large movements that the fans should support bodybuilding and respect the champions of the sport.
Seriously?? So I should support the drug dealers, the pimps, the seedy fetishism, the exploitation?? I should respect "champions" who are undeserving of respect?? That's pretty fucking thin Ben.

There are some great champions/athletes in the sport, doesn't mean all of them are, so as a result you can't expect fans of the sport to accept the bad aspects of the sport just because there are good aspects.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But respect can be given to the efforts of the athletes/champions and the judging process of the sport that awards one man over all the others.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
BigBen, can you please choose a different colour than red for your replies? It is very hard on the eyes and it would be very much appreciated.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
BigBen, can you please choose a different colour than red for your replies? It is very hard on the eyes and it would be very much appreciated.

Its not as bad as Blue.

It plays tricks on my eyes when someone uses blue on this forum.

especially since i have a laptop and the lcd looks different depending on the angle.

Try orange, it looks great on this background :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BigBen said:
No you should respect a champion who was judged side by side with every other athlete b/c he was valued as being better than the rest. The person in that position should be respected for their efforts in the sport. It does not good for the sport or any one else to dwell on the type of person they are in their personal life. If i am correct there are some stories about Jay Cutler that might go against Jays pretty boy image, but no mention of that is ever brought up.

Why the hell would I respect someone who is not worthy of respect!?! Just because they are a great athlete doesn't make them worthy. That is the reason athletes create a public profile, to focus us on their sporting achievements or aspects they are comfortable having in the spotlight. You cannot tell fans of the sport that they have to support athletes that they don't like, or athletes they regard as flawed, but you especially cannot tell a fan that they should have to put up with the dark/shitty side of the sport.

Most of the pro-athletes I've met are pretty decent people. But I have also met some that are jerks, or idiots, or just plain bad people. I do not have to like these people just because they play for my favourite team or are high profile in my favourite sport. You are wanting to pretend that there is only one dimension to any athlete, and yet the sport itself doesn't even try and market itself as that (otherwise pro-videos/articles would only have the competition on stage, not their diet, not their training, not their house, not their car, etc, etc).

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its not as bad as Blue.

It plays tricks on my eyes when someone uses blue on this forum.

especially since i have a laptop and the lcd looks different depending on the angle.

Try orange, it looks great on this background :)

Try lime.