• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Amazing & Landmark photos

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
many legendary pics here. awsome thread rocky.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There was a pic for the Tsar Bomba
before they launched it
it was originally suppose to be 100megatons, but obviously
no airplane could go high enough, or fast enough to out run it.
the pic had a 50megaton stack, on the left, and on the right it had
the originally planned 100megaton stack, huge huge ...
it was detonated at a higher altitude than other A/H bombs
so there was less radioactive fall out

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread should be stickied IMO

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There was a pic for the Tsar Bomba
before they launched it
it was originally suppose to be 100megatons, but obviously
no airplane could go high enough, or fast enough to out run it.
the pic had a 50megaton stack, on the left, and on the right it had
the originally planned 100megaton stack, huge huge ...
it was detonated at a higher altitude than other A/H bombs
so there was less radioactive fall out

yes, Rocky, thats the one

also, Hypo i think that they also couldnt detonate something that big as well, so they had to scale it down to half its size so that it would explode.

pretzeL

pretzeL

nice pics and also a great history lesson. Ty rocky!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
While I was looking for pics for my celebrity photo thread I came acros a site which is where a lot of these pics come from and thought it would be interesting to have a thread devoted to photo's that define an era, or just capture a moment , or have an emtional effect or are indicative of any number of things.

Take the time to read about the origin of these pics and feel free to add your own pictures that define an era or you find impressive, moving or whatever:

burningmonkms3-1.jpg

June 11, 1963, Thich Quang Duc, a Buddhist monk from Vietnam, burned himself to death at a busy intersection in downtown Saigon to bring attention to the repressive policies of the Catholic Diem regime that controlled the South Vietnamese government at the time. Buddhist monks asked the regime to lift its ban on flying the traditional Buddhist flag, to grant Buddhism the same rights as Catholicism, to stop detaining Buddhists and to give Buddhist monks and nuns the right to practice and spread their religion.

While burning Thich Quang Duc never moved a muscle.

Rage Against The Machine could hardly have picked a more fitting album cover for their first album. Its an intense photograph.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
che_billedet.jpg

This is the iconic photo of Che Guevara, the Argentine born Marxist revolutionary who is most famous for his role in the Cuban revolution. The photo was taken by Alberto Korda, who gave the photo to an Italian publisher and it became a rallying point for leftist movements everywhere. Ironically the image has since become a fashion icon and has been used in advertisements worldwide. Korda never received any royalties for his photograph.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
soldier-2.jpg

This is a photo taken by Roberto Capa during the Spanish Civil war of a Loyalist militiaman who has just received a mortal shot and is falling to the ground. Because of his proximity to the victim and the timing of the photograph there has been a lot of controversy over the authenticity of the moment but the dead soldier has since been identified as Federico Borrell García and a there is a second photo including another soldier who died on the same spot.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

This is the iconic photo of Che Guevara, the Argentine born Marxist revolutionary who is most famous for his role in the Cuban revolution. The photo was taken by Alberto Korda, who gave the photo to an Italian publisher and it became a rallying point for leftist movements everywhere. Ironically the image has since become a fashion icon and has been used in advertisements worldwide. Korda never received any royalties for his photograph.

As a companion piece to this shot:

After capturing and executing Che in 1967, before bury him in a secret tomb, the executioners made a group photo with the body, to demonstrate the people that EL GRAN CHE is dead. The picture actually made him a legend, his admirers said he had a forgiving look on his face and compared him with Jesus.

cheguevarakh5-1.jpg

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This picture is one of the most famous moments in sporting history! It shows Cassius Clay knocking out Sonny Liston (former heavy weight champion) in the first minute of the first round, in a rematch (Muhammad won the match the year before after Sonny resigned to defeat complaining of a shoulder injury).

Speculations circulated about Liston’s fall, many spectators considered the bout fixed, even the FBI investigated the case. Some say while preparing for the fight, Liston was visited by Black Muslims who threatened to kill his daughter Eleanor if he should win the rematch, others say Liston lay down for money.

alijw1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Rev. Mychal F. Judge, a fire chaplain, was fatally struck by falling debris soon after administering last rites to a firefighter at the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

For 40 years, Father Judge tirelessly ministered to firefighters, their grieving widows, AIDS patients, homeless people, Flight 800 victims' families and countless others. At his funeral, Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani called him a saint, a sentiment that admirers have followed up by campaigning for his canonization. A simple prayer that Father Judge wrote has been circulated around the world and attached to thousands of donations to the needy. Pope John Paul II accepted the gift of his helmet.

Father Judge was also, according to many of his friends of all sexual orientations, a homosexual. A celibate homosexual, he told friends, but a homosexual nonetheless. And reports last week that the Vatican is likely to try to bar gay men, even celibate ones, from the priesthood stirred anger among those who revere his memory.

9-11-A.jpg

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
excellent thread rocky, thanks :2:

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice thread.. that african baby crawling for help with the Vulcher waiting is so sad

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread is FTW! Good work Rocko, should be stickied.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know this has been seen before but I saw iton telly again and was yet again amazed by the sheer power involved in a shark getting the whole of it's huge and heavy mass completely out of the water like that:

greatwhitebreachinglw-1.jpg

You have to watch the vid to truly appreciate it. 2.20 mins in is the best shot:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The sheer casual nature of these workers this high off the ground with no safety whatsoever just while they eat lunch is unbelieveable:

Lunch atop a Skyscraper (New York Construction Workers Lunching on a Crossbeam) is a famous photograph taken by Charles C. Ebbets during construction of the GE Building at Rockefeller Center in 1932.

The photograph depicts 11 men eating lunch, seated on a girder with their feet dangling hundreds of feet above the New York City streets. Ebbets took the photo on September 29, 1932, and it appeared in the New York Herald Tribune in its Sunday photo supplement on October 2. Taken on the 69th floor of the GE Building during the last several months of construction, the photo Resting on a Girder shows the same workers napping on the beam.

lunchte1.jpg

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am bender, please insert girder.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow those were amazing. the great white video is awesome.

the Nam one was messed up, kids screaming for their lives and the soldiers walking along smoking cigs...:disgust:

and did the baby survive that procedure?