• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best mass chest workout

!Freakzilla

!Freakzilla

What is the best workout for a massive chest?

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
one which is tailored to any genetic gifts and weaknesses and injuries you may have

for me, chest building is fairly easy, so i dont have to use the barbells at all unless i want to - not because i need to or have to to get a big chest.
with good form, im able to do pretty well on most exersizes and havnt had a real injury yet

dips, dumbbell flyes, and dumbbell presses is what i do.

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

stick to the basics: barbell bench press,incline and decline barbell or dumbbell press then flyes

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One that will work up your strength to benching 315 for 12 reps.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Basic work. Flat and incline barbell/dumbbells press..and the do dumbbellflyes with less stretch, go for contraction on the top.

Thats what I do with my chest, and its growing hard

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
One that will work up your strength to benching 315 for 12 reps.
Thank you. I don't understand the rationale behind, "hey guys, let's do flyes and four types of presses today to build chest!"

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you. I don't understand the rationale behind, "hey guys, let's do flyes and four types of presses today to build chest!"

For sure, the more and more you read, the more you realize how key intensity is for triggering hypertrophy through the myoblast formation from satellite cells. Bottom line, look at any of the bigger guys here on Mecca (Braaq, SiCK, Line, Turk, Flex, Fahad) they're all putting up some big weight with good forum on lifts.

B

BBspace

stick to the basics: barbell bench press,incline and decline barbell or dumbbell press then flyes

I agree with this,it is an oldschool but brutally effective,just start with the upper pec though and do dumbbell flyes and contract it with every rep,you don't need heavy dumbbells here man,just light and strict is the key in flyes IMHO.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with this,it is an oldschool but brutally effective,just start with the upper pec though and do dumbbell flyes and contract it with every rep,you don't need heavy dumbbells here man,just light and strict is the key in flyes IMHO.

:dunnodude:

Benchpress hands down.

RonWid

RonWid

:dunnodude:

Benchpress hands down.

I think that dude meant was ->start with incline first and then bench and then flyes afterwards..or add cable crossover to it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that dude meant was ->start with incline first and then bench and then flyes afterwards..or add cable crossover to it.

I can read. It just doesn't make sense...

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

Flyes to build the chest? :dunnodude:
Thats what you use dumbbell/barbell press for.
Flyes work the inner part of the chest and is more a finishing move. A stretch move even

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I hope you're joking, dude.:ughfingers:

Not the inner part like inside the chest..I mean the middle
Atlest thats where I feel it

Fl99j9 1

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like others said on here, stick to the basics and try to go heavy. Dont go so heavy that you cannot have good form or you can barely get four reps without a spotter. Move up in weight when you feel ready. There is no special workout that builds more mass/strength than others, if there was everyone would be doing the same routine. Change it up ever week by varying your exercises. Stick with Barbell flat and incline presses, the same for DB presses, and if your going to do flys then stick with DB flys. I dont think the pec deck or cable flys have any significant value for building mass, flys period are not great for mass or strength.
Good luck.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Find exercises that works best for..for example; flat bb benchpress is great movement for strenght and size ,but not for everyone..

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do bench,dumbell press...inlcine work for complete thckness of chest...and benching 315 for 12 reps will surely give a u big and strong chest...and if even after benching 315x12 u have a flat chest with no def.with a low bf%....give up!!