• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bible and science contradictory?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
why do we believe Columbus' voyage to the americas? because it was told time and time again by others who have sworn it to be fact. Same thing with the bible
-I don' get the athiest way of thinking. This is how I know the bible to be true. Faith, first of all, and second, because in the good book, ALL of the prophecies have come to be true, so far.
Dear athiest, if I tell you about christianity, and you die and nothing happens(which won't lol), then I'm wrong and nothiing bad will happen to you. Your soul will just vanish. However, if I am right(which I "believe"(not to be misconstrued)I am), then you will have made the best decision of your life and you will go to heaven. What is there to lose for you?
P.S.
Skeptic and Duality, in no way shape or form did I try to evangelize or talk down upon anyone lol. I was actually saying what I believed. Do I have to end every sentence with, "now I'm not trying to convert you, that's just how I feel? NO. There was not one implication of conversion there, sorry if it got misunderstood.

And I don't think I deserve anymore than anyone. My life isn't more fulfull at all. I think and know that I deserve hell, but..etc(you know,grace of God.) And oh BTW, "not trying to convert anyone here, that's just what I think of it".None of the aforementioned words were meant to cause any harm to anyone, I just have to rant quickly, as I am not smart enough to gather thoughts over long periods of time lol.

How else did they find america??? or any other country off the continents of Africa/asia/europe?? did god say 'hey fellas... if you sail in THAT direction youll find a whole knew land of wonder, candy and rainbows' i doubt it very much. They knew there was more land to be discovered... there STILL IS land to be discovered... but not nearly on the scale of Columbus' time.

You were talking down to us... and you WERE trying to convert us. You blatantly said you werent gonna rest until you got us to realise what you were about. You basically said that we were less than you because you have 'faith'.

Im not trying to start anything... just pointing out a couple of mistakes you made in the quoted post.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aliens came back for the real Michael jackson
and now they are upset from these arguments
cus' they are in em'. you all make the Baby Aliens cry.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
el freako..that's not funny..and not because i'm christian..that was just...bluuuhhgg..dumb post.

You fundamentalist christians and your lack of a sense of humor, Dino Riders rule ok!:xyxthumbs:

though you make good points on the possibility of there not being a God, you must admit freako, there is some possibility of there actually being a God. sense we do not know everything and there are some matters that are unexplainable to us. this is something IS has said is a possibility. his reasoning though is because since we cannot disprove a God, there is possibility that there is one.

Flying Spaghetti Monster anyone? Since I can't disprove that a Flying Spaghetti Monster exists there is a possibility there is one.
flyingspaghettimonster-1.jpg

See the flaw I'm trying to highlight here?

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
IS is the only one staying on topic.

Do the bible and science contradict each other?

Another way to say this is do miracles happen...have there been documented breaks in the laws of nature? The bible certainly has many examples that you have to take the writer's word on. The bible makes it sound like miracles are an everyday occurence. Where have they gone now that our understanding of the physical world has increased?

Certainly there are still things that are 'unexplainable', but that doesn't make them miraculous. After all, to ancient man, the sun, moon, and the stars were unexplainable. As our understanding increases, we'll be able to explain more of the unexplained, or at least theorize how the unexplained can happen. For something to be a miracle and thus contradict science, it has to be completely beyond the realm of conjecture of how it could even happen; go against the very fabric of what we consider solid reality.

On the other hand, can science and miracles both exist without contradicting each other? Can there be a subset of reality that is miraculous? It would be an odd rule where things could happen against the rules, but I suppose it could happen.

The easier way to attack the bible scientifically is to approach it from the sciences of geology and archeology. The bible tells us about events that should have left evidence, i.e. the flood, humans and dinosaurs living together at the same time, and the 6-10 thousand year old earth. Science tells us all of this is wrong. At least real scientists, not the bullshit 'creation science' tries to teach.

Yes, the bible and science contradict each other.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
why do we believe Columbus' voyage to the americas? because it was told time and time again by others who have sworn it to be fact. Same thing with the bible
-I don' get the athiest way of thinking. This is how I know the bible to be true. Faith, first of all, and second, because in the good book, ALL of the prophecies have come to be true, so far.

What prophecies have come true then?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aliens created us, and Aliens themselves are aruging the same stuff
and some of them believe another species created them and that species is arguing etc etc
this is pointless babbling.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
thats similair to what i believe hypo.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP