• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
^^^ Thanks Mike.

Jonathan: you look big in your Avatar, bro :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Press Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

This is last night's workout....​

Workout:

Banded Overhead Press:​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
155 lbs x 1 rep​
135 lbs x 4 reps​
It's been too long a break to expect my work capacity to remain the same. I'll improve on this next time...​
​
Pull-ups:​
BW x 12 reps​
BW x 10 reps​
BW x 10 reps​
BW x 10 reps​
Total = 42 reps​
​
Close Grip Bench Press with Crazy Bells:​
165 lbs x 5 reps​
185 lbs x 5 reps​
195 lbs x 4 reps​
195 lbs x 2 reps​
The first set of 195 involved the 4th rep being a true grinder. You'll see it in the video: it took ages to move the bar. On the very last set, I failed on the 3rd rep lol...​
​
Cable Wood Chops:​
15 kgs x 12 reps​
17.5 kgs x 14 reps​
20 kgs x 12 reps​

Videos:

Banded OHP, Pull-ups and Close Grip Bench Press with Crazy Bells:​
​

Overall Impression:

Decent session. I'm sore as hell from Saturday's Squat Training. I hope the next 2 days of rest help in the healing..​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
big thumbs up mate
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Thanks, bro!
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Great session bro!

And what a grinder, i'm impressed you could fight for that long!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Great session bro!

And what a grinder, i'm impressed you could fight for that long!
That grinder impressed me too, Mike. I didn't think I had it in me at all. :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Last night's workout..​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:​
Mobility Drills​
135 lbs x 7 reps​
245 lbs x 7 reps​
295 lbs x 4 reps​
345 lbs x 3 reps​
385 lbs x 3 reps​
​
Deadlifts:​
415 lbs x 3 reps​
435 lbs x 2 reps​
455 lbs x 1 rep​
Fucking miserable workout. I really hate this. Second terrible workout in a row and there are yet many more to come. So whats the problem here? Y'all can see this in the video but here's the simple list:​
1. The barbell is not an olympic bar and is much thinner therefore its a pain to hold​
2. The barbell has no knurling except towards the very end​
3. The plates are triangular in shape so whenever they land they're at an awkward angle​
4. The plates are smaller than the normal 45 cm diameter plates I am used to working out with​
​
Pistol Squats:​
6 + 7 = 13 reps​
​
Ab Roller:​
BW x 10 reps x 5 sets​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

This is very frustrating...​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
you'll get used to it mate, it will make your grip stronger and your deadlifting strenght. Now the triangular shape of the plates is a pain in the ass.

I have to train with 15 kg plates that are much smaller than normal 20 kg plates. But in the end they'll make me stronger.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
^^^ Yeah well, dude, no way can I accept that. I appreciate your encouragement and positive thinking but I cannot do Deadlifts off a 2 inch deficit with a thin barbell and triangular plates that don't land correctly. I don't know how you put up with it. It is driving me crazy.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back...​

Workout:

Weighted Pull-ups:
BW + 20 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 3 reps
BW + 50 lbs x 2 reps
BW + 40 lbs x 3 reps

Chest Supported Rows:
160 lbs x 3 reps
180 lbs x 3 reps
200 lbs x 3 reps
180 lbs x 3 reps
180 lbs x 3 reps

High Cable Rows:
75 kgs x 10 reps
75 kgs x 10 reps
80 kgs x 8 + 2 reps
70 kgs x 12 reps
70 kgs x 10 reps

V-Grip Chin-ups:
BW x 6 reps x 2 sets

Russian Twists aka Landmines:
45 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets

Facepulls:
45 kgs x 15 reps
40 kgs x 15 reps

Hammer Curls:
20 kgs x 8 reps x 1 set
​

Videos:

nothing special​

Overall Impression:

Tomorrow is squat day.​
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
^^^ Yeah well, dude, no way can I accept that. I appreciate your encouragement and positive thinking but I cannot do Deadlifts off a 2 inch deficit with a thin barbell and triangular plates that don't land correctly. I don't know how you put up with it. It is driving me crazy.

:p well I am a little bit crazy haha
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 22 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just worked out..​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:​
135 lbs x 5 reps​
145 lbs x 4 reps​
155 lbs x 3 reps​
​
Front Squats:​
225 lbs x 5 reps​
245 lbs x 3 reps​
265 lbs x 2 reps​
295 lbs x 1 rep​
​
Back Squats:​
295 lbs x 3 reps​
295 lbs x 3 reps​
315 lbs x 2 reps​
​
Anderson Half Squats:​
315 lbs x 4 reps​
315 lbs x 4 reps​
345 lbs x 4 reps​
​
Swiss Ball Jackknife Pikes:​
BW x 8 reps x 4 sets​

Videos:

Everything:​
​

Overall Impression:

Very tiring workout....​
[/QUOTE]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Are you sure you squated enough in that session bro?

I think you should add 2-3 extra forms of squating, just to be sure.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Are you sure you squated enough in that session bro?

I think you should add 2-3 extra forms of squating, just to be sure.
ahhahahahahhaahha

I can't do any more variations though. The deal is that the bar NEVER gets lighter. Thats why the exercises are arranged in the way they are. So unless you know some exercise which I can do after Anderson Squats, please...do share :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Firstly, I apologize for the long absence. I have been training like normal but there are too many changes going on so I haven't been able to have too many satisfying workouts. So, there haven't been any recent updates.

I was extremely dejected after today's workout, but after conferring with Eric, I am accepting things better.

There are a lot of changes going on in my life and I had expected lifting to be a constant but I was wrong.

I have also become very unmotivated with my training and the lack of equipment and stuff at my gym is bothering me a lot.

I should have my home gym set up sometime in the next 3-4 weeks.

So, in the interim I am going to be focusing my training around 3 exercises: Pistol Squats, Pull-ups and Unilateral Overhead Presses.

In short, a whole lot more pulling and pushing and whatever lower body work I do right now is going to be either Pistol Squats or Overhead Squats or Front Squats. No more Deadlifting regularly. Each workout will be taken as it is. This is just a heads up to everybody.

I will update this log regularly as well.

Here is the 4 day layout as of now:

Full Body 1
  • Pistol Squats
  • Pull-ups
  • Close Grip Bench Press
  • Core Training

Upper
  • Unilateral Overhead Press
  • Chest Supported Rows
  • High Cable Rows
  • Core Training

Lower
  • Front Squats
  • Unilateral RDLs
  • Reverse Lunges
  • Core Training

Full Body 2
  • Overhead Squats
  • Pull-ups (weighted)
  • Facepulls
  • Core Training

The way this will be laid out is:

Day 1: Full Body 1
Day 2: Off
Day 3: Upper
Day 4: Lower
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Full Body 2
Day 7: Off
Day 8: Off
Day 9: Repeat
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
hm thumbs up, just go for it
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Full Body Training 1

I weighed myself today...I am at 183 lbs...wtf...thats a 17 lbs weightloss in 8 weeks. Most of it has been off my stomach though which is good. I took this as an excuse to pig out today though :p

Pistol Squats = 7 + 10 + 8 = 25 reps
Very cool. I then did a 4th set of basically 1 rep but I stopped at the bottom and just absorbed that position for 25 seconds.

Pull-ups = 8 + 10 + 12 = 30 reps super-setted with the Pistol Squats.
Pull-ups = 7 + 5 + 8 = 20 reps super-setted with CGBP
TOTAL = 50 reps

Close Grip Bench Press = 165 lbs x 5 reps, 185 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
Solid. I am very happy about this.

Ab Roller = BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Decent workout. Felt really good actually.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Decent? Awesome workout man! those pistol squats are hard as shit! :headbang:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top