• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xiva

Banned
Just doing pistol squats is insane, i cant even do 1.. i think..

Anyway i read the article about how you manage to do, the pistol squat. Impressive and shows great commitment.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
17 lbs in 8 weeks seems a petty good job.

Dieting is by far much more hard than any training you can do. I remerber when I was a fat bastard lol

Keep doing what you're doing!:thumbsup2:

Sentinel

Sentinel

Decent? Awesome workout man! those pistol squats are hard as shit! :headbang:

Thanks and they really are. I have never felt my hamstrings feel this much tension before....It was grueling!!!

Just doing pistol squats is insane, i cant even do 1.. i think..

Anyway i read the article about how you manage to do, the pistol squat. Impressive and shows great commitment.

You're gonna do them soon...First master OH Squats. Step two is Pistol Squats for Hip Stability.

Thanks, Mike! :)

17 lbs in 8 weeks seems a petty good job.

Dieting is by far much more hard than any training you can do. I remerber when I was a fat bastard lol

Keep doing what you're doing!:thumbsup2:

Dieting really is very hard. I just bought Iron Addict's Warrior Diet book. I will write a review once I get it in my hands.

You rooting for Brazil in the World Cup?? :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

I want to spread the word about a few articles composed by Eric Troy from GUStrength.

The first article is about slow versus fast pulls. Why are Deadlifts a slow pull when in comparison Olympic Lifts are much faster? Check this out: Slow Pulls versus Fast Pulls

Why do we Strength Trainees do what we do? What motivates us? Is the end goal or is it the journey leading to its achievement? Eric has explained it here: Strength Training Motivation and Goal Setting

Are you a strength training failurist? What does it mean to be a strength training failurist in the first place? Training To Fail: The Failurists

Anyone who has followed my training knows that I love cycling intensity. Eric has listed in detail exactly how anyone can go about doing that. Training to Fail Part 2: Intensity Cycling and High Intensity Overtraining

You know how people train hard 100% of the time and then wonder why they aren't progressing as fast as they could or even should? Well, here is how NOT cycling intensity can mess you up: Training to Fail Part 3: The Failure of Intensity Cycling

Lastly, here is the latest article on Strength Performance. Check it out: Strength Performance Psychology Versus Physiology: It's All Mental

I hope y'all like the articles. Feel free to comment on them or ask questions or give us your feedback!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
I read most of them, and they are all really really good.

I'm practising OH squat, here at home. With a broom stick ;)

And i'm in the center as often as possible just to do some Deadlift, bench and squat + support.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dieting really is very hard. I just bought Iron Addict's Warrior Diet book. I will write a review once I get it in my hands.

You rooting for Brazil in the World Cup?? :)

Of course! Go Brazil:turborun::turborun:

Sentinel

Sentinel

Upper Body Training

Did a lot of job applications today....Tedious work.

Unilateral Overhead Presses
30 kgs x 5 reps
30 kgs x 5 reps
32 kgs x 3 reps
32 kgs x 5 reps
34 kgs x 2 reps
Getting back there...

Chest Supported Rows
160 lbs x 5 reps
180 lbs x 3 reps
205 lbs x 3 reps
180 lbs x 4 reps
180 lbs x 4 reps

High Cable Rows
75 kgs x 8 reps
75 kgs x 8 reps
80 kgs x 8 reps
70 kgs x 12 reps

Dumbbell Windmills = 12 kgs x 12 reps x 3 sets

Looking forward to tomorrow' squats!!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice pressing man!

Sentinel

Sentinel

I read most of them, and they are all really really good.

I'm practising OH squat, here at home. With a broom stick ;)

And i'm in the center as often as possible just to do some Deadlift, bench and squat + support.

Read the articles properly because they will help you whenever you have questions about your training....all that 75% training stuff is put right there. Read it again because I don't think you understood it properly (no offense).

Good job with the OH Squats. Keep at them. When you have the time and the dedication, let me know so we can go over your technique and work out a progression scheme.

Don't worry about training. I know you have much bigger things on your plate.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Of course! Go Brazil:turborun::turborun:

I think Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Germany will be in the Final 8. I am rooting for Germany predominantly - because it has the youngest team lol....but otherwise I think Brazil's strategy is AWESOME. I love teams who don't resort to passing the ball back all the time. Makes it super boring. England is very guilty of this...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Germany will be in the Final 8. I am rooting for Germany predominantly - because it has the youngest team lol....but otherwise I think Brazil's strategy is AWESOME. I love teams who don't resort to passing the ball back all the time. Makes it super boring. England is very guilty of this...

Brazil plays forward, always! Germany was a very deffensive team, but this time they are changed. Right now, Germany, for me, is the favourite to take the WC. And I wanna see Spain, which don't have a tradition in the WC, but has a very good team.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Brazil plays forward, always! Germany was a very deffensive team, but this time they are changed. Right now, Germany, for me, is the favourite to take the WC. And I wanna see Spain, which don't have a tradition in the WC, but has a very good team.
True DAT!!! :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

Lower Body Training

Sorted out my diet finally...

Front Squats
225 lbs x 5 reps
235 lbs x 5 reps
255 lbs x 3 reps
275 lbs x 2 reps
Very difficult.

Unilateral RDLs
12 kgs x 8 reps
14 kgs x 8 reps
14 kgs x 8 reps

Reverse Lunges off a Platform = 12 kgs x 7 reps x 3 sets

Jackknife Pikes on a Swiss Ball = BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Time to rest....Hammies are sore as shit already!

X

Xiva

Banned
How many calories are you going to eat?

Sentinel

Sentinel

How many calories are you going to eat?
I bought this book from Iron Addict: How to order a book - Iron Addicts Forums

The way MY diet is going to be structured is like this....I am essentially doing a Warrior Diet because when I start working (in the next month hopefully), I will not have any time to eat lunch. So, I need to work around that problem. The way I have customized this diet is as follows:

Meal One
Whey Protein – 2 scoops
Fish Oil – 2 tablets
Apple – 1 apple
337 calories, 49g protein, 25g carbs, 5g fats; 59/28/13 p/c/f

Meal Two
Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
String Beans – 1 cup
Almonds – 1/3rd cup
481 calories, 24g protein, 36g carbs, 30g fats; 19/29/52 p/c/f

Meal Three <<-- this is usually my during-workout meal
Whey Protein – 2 scoops
Banana – 1 banana
345 calories, 49g protein, 33g carbs, 2g fats; 58/36/6 p/c/f

Meal Four aka THE FEAST
Chicken Breast – 500 grams raw (so yield after cooking)
White Bread – 5 slices
897 calories, 103g protein, 51g carbs, 28g fats; 49/23/28 p/c/f

Meal Five
Caesin Protein – 2 scoops
240 calories, 48g protein, 6g carbs, 2g fats; 82/10/8 p/c/f

DAILY TOTAL BREAKDOWN
Total Calories: 2,527
Protein: 280.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 162.6 grams
Fats: 85.5 grams
P/C/F: 45/25/30

This is mostly how it looks on paper. I have yet to complete one week of it. I've been doing a variation of this for the last 5-6 weeks now...but this is how it is going to be for the next month or so till I need to reevaluate this.

The deficit I am going to be in is roughly 200 calories per day so I expect the fat loss to be very slow which is fine because I am mostly aiming for a recomp more than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Lower Body Training 2

Today was supposed to be a Full Body Training workout, but, I messed up. I got carried away with this lol.

So, things are looking up slightly. I should have my home gym set up by the middle of July. I have been notified that I am not going to be suspended from my current gym/club for the spat I got myself involved in 2 weeks ago. Thankfully, the guys backing me up really tore down the threat. In addition to that this current ban on video cameras (which is why I haven't been recording my workouts) should also be revoked by sometime next week.

Overhead Squats = 155 lbs x 2 reps x 3 sets
My legs were extremely sore today. These 3 sets were incredibly difficult for me.

Front Squats @ 85% of last workout = 235 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
I am beginning to fall in love with this exercise once again!!!

Keystone Deadlifts = 345 lbs x 3 reps x 3 sets
This exercise is basically an RDL with the weight on pins. So you unrack the weight, step back by a few paces and then you execute a form of an RDL but you focus on your lower back, hips and glutes.

Landmines = 45 lbs x 7 reps x 4 sets

Good workout. Until my home gym is set up and I have a good training rhythm going on, workouts are going to be exactly like this.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Full Body Training 2

So good news once again. I should be allowed to record my videos come Thursday. Thats good news.

Pistol Squats = 9 + 9 + 7 = 25 reps
Tried to make it more dense but I failed. I added reps to the first set compared to last week but it didn't work out. I guess I'll adapt to this soon. Hopefully next week will be better.

Pull-ups = 10 + 10 + 11 = 31 reps super-setted with the Pistol Squats.
Pull-ups = 9+ 10 + 11 = 30 reps super-setted with CGBP
TOTAL = 61 reps
What an awesome workout. I am so pleased with this!!!

Close Grip Bench Press
185 lbs x 5 reps
205 lbs x 4 reps
185 lbs x 8 reps
Talk about increasing Density...this was crazy!!! Hopefully next week will be even better. I am hoping for the day I can rep out 225 :)

Ab Roller = BW x 12 reps x 3 sets

Good workout. I found a gym which has 25 kgs plates with rubber coating (I think they're bouncer plates but I need to have a look at them) and I am going to try and see if they will sell me a pair.[/QUOTE]

Sentinel

Sentinel

Eric Troy recently sent out this newsletter with a free eBook in it regarding Strength vs. Hypertrophy training.

I think it is a terrific eBook. It has so much information made so easy to read.

I've made a few short notes on the article. I think you guys should read this for yourself because it will explain things much better. These points may seem like a bit jumbled, but I assure you that Eric is very coherent.

• A critical look at Wilkins' article called "The Death of Modern Bodybuilding".

• How all these "strength gurus" are packaging strength related information to better appeal to a more bodybuilding-oriented audience while diluting the training effect of both practices.

• What strength training? Force Production? What is force production? You'll have to read the article for this :)

• "Tissue Leverage" is an old bodybuilding concept being renamed to appeal to this new market of modern strength trainee. It is also a bunch of BS.

• Why GPP is so damn effective and why it is not a new phenomenon.

• How does explosive strength factor into maximum Force Production?

• An indepth look at three major factors which play a critical role in maximum strength production: neural components, the force velocity relationship and average intensity.

• How much of your training is near maximal-end of the lifting spectrum? Are you really lifting heavy weights or are you afraid to do so?

• How does emotional anxiety factor into maximum force production and performance?

• Why it is easier to give out massing advice than giving out strength training advice.

Guys, really...this is all free and discussed in-depth by Eric.

Have a look for yourselves...

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid work man!

Status
Not open for further replies.