• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Yo man!

You said, you read alot by Alan Aragon. What do you think about his entire "No high GI is needed post workout, regulair food is better"??
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
^^^ I've been doing that all along, actually. Although I don't focus much on MY nutrition, I think I have a fairly good grasp of things. I eat 2-2.5 hours before the gym. Then, I poop before I leave for the gym. While I am working out, I consume 2 scoops of whey and 2 scoops of dextrose. After my workout, I eat normal food after a brief period of 30-45 minutes. If I ever have any chocolate cravings, I satisfy those during this time period.
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Allright champ, i dont really know tbh. He's defently a smart man, but every other coach out there suggest you to do some dex/whey combo, and then get a solid meal 30-60 minuts after your shake. I cant really understand, why it should be a bad thing to spike the insulin niveau. Insulin is probally one of the most anabolic stuff out there. I might go for it, but what the hell should i do with all my 20kg Whey and dex/malt :)

Might do the same as you, do a shake before, and then just hurry up, get home and eat. :D

// Mike
 
F

FinnGasolin

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
177
Points
16
I never drink a PWO-shake - or a Pre-WO shake. Never felt any difference and I bet you won't either. Why? Because other factors are so much more important.

Eat plenty and healty - work your ass off in the gym and the results will come my friend!

Another positive side-effect is that dropping the PWO-shake allows you to consume even more "real food".
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
I never drink a PWO-shake - or a Pre-WO shake. Never felt any difference and I bet you won't either. Why? Because other factors are so much more important.

Eat plenty and healty - work your ass off in the gym and the results will come my friend!

Another positive side-effect is that dropping the PWO-shake allows you to consume even more "real food".
I don't agree with that one bit. I used to think like you but ever since I've started sipping protein shakes mixed with Dextrose during my workout, things have been just fine and dandy for me. I'm gonna stick to what works for me.
 
F

FinnGasolin

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
177
Points
16
What is it exactly that has changes? And who says that couldn't be cured with af solid and well-planned Pre-WO meal and some fruit during WO?
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
What is it exactly that has changes? And who says that couldn't be cured with af solid and well-planned Pre-WO meal and some fruit during WO?
Oh no doubt about that. I thought you meant eating nothing - not eating natural.

Yes, if you're saying eat WHOLE foods which can be digested quickly as Pre Workout and then a good fruit while working out, then yeah bro..I agree. It's just that right now I don't have the time/availability to do what you suggest. If I lived on my own and not in a dorm, then I probably will do exactly that.
 
F

FinnGasolin

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
177
Points
16
Hehe, working out on an empty stomach would be idiotic :) My point was, that I truly and utterly doubt that taking a PWO-shake containing dextrose and whey will make any signficant changes in body-composition or strenght - if you eat plenty and healthy before and after workouts.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
^^^ Oh yes I agree. But, in comparison to not eating at all, dextrose and whey are better. Let me simplify this:

Proper Whole Foods > Dextrose + Whey combo > Nothing

:)
 
F

FinnGasolin

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
177
Points
16
Couldn't agree more!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Couldn't agree more!
:)

I wish I had money and time to make proper preparations and shit. But instead of mulling over how difficult it is to consume food while being in college, I try to see this as an opportunity. Always good to make the most of things instead of wasting time on whining.
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
whole foods for sure are better, for sure man.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Working out Sunday night is awesome. Gym is ALWAYS empty :)​

Workout:

Front Squats:​
260 lbs x 1 rep @ 92.5%​
230 lbs x 3 reps x 5 sets @ 82.5%​
Damn difficult...​
​
Farmers Walks:​
105 lbs x 2 trips x 3 sets​
​
Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:​
Barbell Reverse Lunges using Front Squat Grip = 65 lbs x 8 reps​
Dumbbell Windmills = 30 lbs x 8 reps​
Unilateral RDLs = 65 lbs x 7 reps​
Renegade Rows = 40 lbs x 7 reps​
Nearly threw up...​
​
Grip Training:​
Crushers @ 150 lbs for several sets, reps and static holds​
I just purchased a #1 CoC...Waiting for it to get here.​

Videos:

Front Squats & Metabolic Conditioning:​
​

Overall Impression:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice fronties man
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Amen, looks good Anuj!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Thanks guys!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Full Body Training
Mesocycle 18 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Body was extremely sore!​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:​
Skipped. Too sore.​
​
Incline Close Grip Crazy Bell Bench Press:​
185 lbs x 3 reps​
195 lbs x 2 reps​
205 lbs x 1 rep​
195 lbs x 2 reps​
185 lbs x 5 reps​
​
Pull-ups:​
BW x 9 reps​
BW x 8 reps​
BW x 6 + 2 reps​
BW x 8 + 2 reps​
Total = 35 reps​
​
Overhead Press:​
155 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets​
​
Push-ups:​
BW x 10 reps x 2 sets​
​
Hammer Grip Chin-ups:​
BW x 5 reps x 2 sets​
Great finisher...​

Videos:

Incline Close Grip Crazy Bell Bench Press, Pull-ups, Overhead Press & Hammer Grip Chin-ups :​
​

Overall Impression:

Exhausted. This was last night's workout. Since then I've had 3 slices of cheese pizza....haha!​
​
Hope everyone's having a good week. Thanks for reading! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice UB session man
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Solid session Anuj! Keep it up, when are your next max test? :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top