• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 4
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym. Terrible day in terms of diet. In terms of performance it was stellar.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:​
135 lbs x 3 reps​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
It's been so long since I've done this exercise!! My shoulders are getting adjusted to the lift so I think in a couple of weeks I should be more smooth with the 155-175 range.​
​
Front Squats:​
235 lbs x 5 reps​
255 lbs x 3 reps​
285 lbs x 1 rep​
315 lbs x 1 rep​
I did remember to bring my video camera this time...I just wanted to see if I could hit 315. Next week onwards I'm gonna work within the 90-100% range for one single and then do doubles in the 80-90% range.​
​
Back Squats:​
315 lbs x 2 reps​
315 lbs x 2 reps​
325 lbs x 1 rep​
This lift feels so alien to me....​
​
Anderson Half Front Squats:​
325 lbs x 1 rep​
325 lbs x 1 rep​
I thought this was gonna be easy as pie...Boy was I wrong!​
​
Front Planks with Alternating Raised Arm and Leg:​
BW x 60 seconds x 2 sets​
Destroyed me. I hate anything timed because it becomes so mundane and 100% of the battle is in the mind and with my ADD I cannot concentrate on nothing for that long!!!!! ​

Videos:

Four Squat Workout:​
​

Overall Impression:

Very tiring workout...but I am very pleased with the results!​
​
I am gonna do this Four Squat Workout from now on out. I will gradually increase density over the next few weeks but I am going to be running a small cycle for Front Squats too. I won't be hitting 315 for quite a while...​
​
All in all it's been a good weekend. I hope y'all have had fun too. Thanks for reading!​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Looks good champ! The front squats are solid :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym....I've had a really decent week. Next week is gonna be hell though. LOTS of assignments plus I have a huge 15 page paper due on Tuesday which I have yet to begin.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:​
Mobility Drills​
135 lbs x 7 reps​
245 lbs x 5 reps​
295 lbs x 5 reps​
345 lbs x 3 reps​
385 lbs x 3 reps​
​
Deadlifts:​
425 lbs x 3 reps​
435 lbs x 2 reps​
445 lbs x 2 reps​
445 lbs x 1 rep​
465 lbs x 2 reps​
After last week's Singles Session, I had to do some Quality Volume Training. This basically means you do 1-3 reps per set, start with 85% of your max (in this particular case) and you make small increments in weight while maintaining as much quality as you can. That is why after the 2nd rep with 465 I decided to call it quits.​
​
Pistol Squats:​
3 + 3 + 2 = 8 reps​
Practice makes perfect and right now I need a LOT of practice.​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
BW x 7 reps​
BW x 6 reps​
BW x 7 reps​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts, Pistol Squats and Weird Ab Exercise:​
​

Overall Impression:

Looking forward to an enjoyable Friday!!! :)​
​
I hope everyone's had a good week. Thanks for reading!!!​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Solid session Anuj!

Your form at the first deadlift, was really good.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Bad idea to go do this within 24 hours of my Deadlift Training....​

Workout:

BodyWeight Pull-ups:​
BW x 14 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 7 reps​
Total = 32 reps​
Terrible..​
​
Dumbbell Rows:​
120 lbs x 5 reps​
120 lbs x 6 reps​
​
Cable Wood Chops:​
27.5 lbs x 12 reps​
32.5 lbs x 12 reps​
37.5 lbs x 12 reps​
42.5 lbs x 12 reps​

Videos:

Pull-ups and Rows:​
​

Overall Impression:

Time to rest...​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Your pullups are solid bro. What's BW right now?
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Your pullups are solid bro. What's BW right now?
Dude, those pull-ups were TERRIBLE.

Last week I got:

15 + 11 + 11 + 9 = 46 reps

I have no idea what my BW is. I'm gonna check soon. I'll let you know when I know.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym...I'm pretty destroyed.​

Workout:

Overhead Squats:​
115 lbs x 5 reps​
135 lbs x 4 reps​
145 lbs x 3 reps​
155 lbs x 1 rep​
I need to work on technique more. For some reason my left arm just doesn't lockout the weight at the grip width I using. I think I'll wear elbow sleeves next time. Weird that my elbows are playing games with me.​
​
Front Squats:​
235 lbs x 5 reps​
250 lbs x 4 reps​
265 lbs x 2 reps​
275 lbs x 2 reps​
Decent work..​
​
Back Squats:​
275 lbs x 5 reps​
285 lbs x 4 reps​
295 lbs x 2 reps​
315 lbs x 2 reps​
Some of the reps may not have been "A2G" which is fine with me. I hate back squats but I've found they're useful in improving my Front Squats and vice versa.​
​
Anderson Half Back Squats:​
315 lbs x 3 reps​
325 lbs x 1 rep​
Will increase volume next week..​
​
Russian Twists:​
25 lbs x 7 reps​
35 lbs x 6 reps​
35 lbs x 8 reps​
These are kinda difficult and I felt them in my lower abs really hard - not that you can really "isolate" your lower abs. ​

Videos:

Four Squat Workout:​
​

Overall Impression:

I'm writing a 15 page Intermediate Macroeconomic paper on the current crisis of the PIIGS: Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain. Very interesting...I feel so exhausted though!!!​
​
Diet has been very bad. Graduation is close which means final exams are literally one week away so right now my diet isn't very high up on my priority list. However, I am keeping my protein intake pretty high. Hopefully I will be able to lose some weight over the next few weeks.​
​
My goal in terms of physique is to drop down to the 185-190 range. I doubt it will happen anytime soon but I intend on getting it done by November.​
​
I hope everyone's had a good weekend. I went and saw "The Losers" on Saturday night. Awesome movie. I love movies like that because everyone knows it's a shitty plot: the makers, the audience, the actors, everyone! You just gotta revel in that fact hahaha!!! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Your front squats looks solid, so do the overhead squat imo :)

Back squat just isn't your thing, that i can see :)
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice sessions as always man!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Your front squats looks solid, so do the overhead squat imo :)

Back squat just isn't your thing, that i can see :)
I'll make Back squats my thing though...I don't like the exercise but it helps out and so I'll make use of it as a tool to improve my fronties :)
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
a very big thumbs up, hell why not, TWO thumbs up
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Press Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I was going to skip training today but decided at the very last minute to stop being a wanker. I have been working on this 15 page Econ report for 2 days now and I wanted to complete it before I hit the gym. I did manage to do that and only after I had proof read the whole report did I decide to leave. But, I had like an hour to lift. So, I modified my training and did a Shoulder Medley. Medley is a fancy way of saying Circuit so I'm gonna use that instead. So....I decided to do Banded OHP, Unilateral OHP and Side Lateral Raises back to back.​

Workout:

Banded Overhead Press:​
Medley 1 = 135 lbs x 6 reps​
Medley 2 = 135 lbs x 5 reps​
Medley 3 = 135 lbs x 4 reps​
Medley 4 = 155 lbs x 1 rep​
The first 3 Medleys were really good. However, the 4th went to shit. My shoulders were fried after the first 3 Medleys...​
​
Unilateral Overhead Press:​
Medley 1 = 65 lbs x 3 reps​
Medley 2 = 65 lbs x 3 reps​
Medley 3 = 65 lbs x 3 reps​
Medley 4 = 40 lbs x 10 reps​
​
Side Lateral Raises:​
Medley 1 = 12.5 lbs x 10 reps​
Medley 2 = 12.5 lbs x 10 reps​
Medley 3 = 12.5 lbs x 10 reps​
Medley 4 = 7.5 lbs x 10 reps​
​
Facepulls:​
80 lbs x 15 reps​
90 lbs x 15 reps​
90 lbs x 15 reps​
100 lbs x 15 reps​
​
Cable Wood Chops:​
37.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

All 4 Shoulder Medleys and Facepulls:​
​

Overall Impression:

I weighed myself today. 205 lbs....WTF....eating less than 2000 calories is destroying me...2 weeks ago I weighed in at 195 lbs lol...WTF indeed. Time to start eating right. More food and good quality food.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice medley's man
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
2000 calories and aint loosing weight, that's to bad :'(

I dont even want to tell ya, what i'm loosing weight at. :D

Anyway the whole session look insanely solid, those medley would have killed me :)

Your MP's are very strict (thumps up)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top