• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Yo man :)

Is it because of your shoulder injury that you do "Lateral raise" that way? - Imo they look very weired.

Normally i would say: Force the forearm down, so that the elbow gets up. Try to have your pinky say hello to the sky :)

What injury did you have?
Yeah I have to do the lateral raises with a hammer grip.

I suffer from genetically lose shoulder joints (both shoulders). So I am prone to excruciatingly painful shoulder dislocations. I've dislocated each of my shoulders half a dozen times at the least and have had to be rushed to the ICU one 3-4 occasions per shoulders.

But, I've nursed my shoulders back to semi-decent health and because of this imbalance I am able to press almost as much as I can bench...in the sense I can do a strict OHP with 185 lbs and I can bench 225 on a good day. The discrepancy is very little.

So yeah, in order to avoid them getting aggravated I have to alter the form a little bit. Too much internal or external rotations and I have a massive problem on my hands...

This is also why I never do any shoulder mobility drills...they would destroy me in a few minutes.

Kinda sad that I have these issues....very depressing actually :(

X

Xiva

Banned
Damn Anuj. That doesn't sound good.

Guess that's why alot of pressing been missing from your training. I was wondering ;)

Anyway just that you're able to do any form of pressing is really nice.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Damn Anuj. That doesn't sound good.

Guess that's why alot of pressing been missing from your training. I was wondering ;)

Anyway just that you're able to do any form of pressing is really nice.
If I have to choose between Pressing and Pulling, I have to choose Pulling because that keeps my shoulder girdle intact.

But at the same time, it is a MUST that I do heavy pressing. Doing these presses - all presses except the flat bench press because that feels like someone is shoving a screw driver in my shoulder and ripping it from my body, with heavy weight keeps it all intact.

I don't mind having to ditch the bench press for the strict overhead press though :)

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good sessions man, sucks about your shoulders, but i know where you come from, i have disclocated my left shoulder 6 times, and any shoulder mobility drills hurt it like fuck too, just keep pushing man

Sentinel

Sentinel

Good sessions man, sucks about your shoulders, but i know where you come from, i have disclocated my left shoulder 6 times, and any shoulder mobility drills hurt it like fuck too, just keep pushing man
Yeah shoulder mobility drills are a definite no-no for me.

Thank you for the PDF :)

Thanks, Xiva. I thought the PDF was stellar!

Sentinel

Sentinel

Squat Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2

Beginning Thoughts:

This is Monday's training. I have been too lazy to update it lol...​
Diet has been awesome though. Getting in all my protein which is step 1 in the right direction. 250-260 grams per day.​

Workout:

Front Squats:
I warmed up for this but then realized that I shouldn't do heavy front squats 2 days prior to deads....so I called it quits and hopped over to do some metabolic conditioning.
Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:
Unilateral Press and Lunge = 40 lbs x 6 reps
Renegade Rows = 40 lbs x 6 reps
Kettlebell Swings = 55 lbs x 12 reps
Dumbbell Windmills = 30 lbs x 10 reps
Destroyed me.
Facepulls:
90 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Metabolic Conditioning:​

Overall Impression:

This workout was kinda meh...I'm gonna be starting a new front squat percentage based cycle come next week. Not completely sure about it as yet but it's gonna involve moving more weight.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from the gym. Very tiring workout.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:
Mobility Drills
135 lbs x 7 reps
245 lbs x 5 reps
295 lbs x 5 reps
345 lbs x 3 reps
385 lbs x 2 reps
415 lbs x 2 reps
Deadlift Singles @ > 90%:
455 lbs @ 96%
475 lbs @ 100%
475 lbs @ 100%
455 lbs @ 96%
455 lbs @ 96%
455 lbs @ 96%
455 lbs @ 96%
430 lbs @ 90%
430 lbs @ 90%
430 lbs @ 90%
Summary:
Week 1 = 7 Singles = Average Weight @ 445.7 lbs
Week 2 = 5 Singles = Average Weight @ 459.0 lbs
Week 3 = 10 Singles = Average Weight @ 451.5 lbs
Felt goooooood.....
Pistol Squats:
Skipped. Gym was already closed and I was thrown out by Campus Security lol...
Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Deadlifts:​

Overall Impression:

Been a decent week. Next week is gonna be hell with 4 exams and papers and what not....Arg...not looking forward to that one bit.​
On a good note: I have been watching Dexter and Prison Break. I know I'm late on the scene but I've finished Season 1 and 2 of Dexter (watching Season 3 right now) and I'm in the process of watching Season 2 of Prison Break. The good thing about PB is that it doesn't allow you to get bored. It's got things going on all the time. I love shows like that. Similar shows which have so many overlapping stories and facades created by characters, etc are The Shield and Sons of Anarchy.​
I hope y'all have had a good week. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Sentinel

Sentinel

Eric Troy over at GUStrength have posted a really AWESOME .pdf (free) for anyone who signs up for the newsletter. The .pdf is like 45 pages long and extremely dense with training and nutrition information: Sign-up sheet is on the front page itself

Cheers and I hope everyone's had a good week!!! :)

ps: This is not spam not am I (or is anybody for that matter) making any money from people visiting or signing up on GUStrength. It is a totally FREE website which is why I am promoting this opportunity to gain some new knowledge and information which is TOTALLY FREE!

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
solid training but

wow 250 grams of protein is a lot :D

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice sessions man! nice deads!

X

Xiva

Banned
Solid session champ :)

Seems like you like Singels in deadlift. A very smart guy, made this single cyklus to deadlift. I heard about people gettiing 25+ at their DL, and the more advance adding 12,5+ to 1rm.

Perhabs you want to check it out. As it might be something for you. I'm not yet strong enought to do singels :)

Attachments

• 5123-TJ__s_D_dl_ft_single_cyklus.xls
    16 KB · Views: 55
Sentinel

Sentinel

Thanks guys.

Xiva: the deadlift singles I do are more aggressive than the .xls you posted, bro. Plus...I can't focus on singles only for so many weeks. I run 4 week singles cycles. The rest of the time it's all about building neural tolerance and efficiency. :)

But thank you for the .xls because I think I could use a couple of ideas from it.

Sentinel

Sentinel

Press Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's training.​

Workout:

Banded Overhead Press:
155 lbs x 2 reps x 4 sets
165 lbs x 1 rep
Dumbbell Rows:
120 lbs x 7 reps
120 lbs x 9 reps
120 lbs x 11 reps
Unilateral Overhead Press:
70 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets
Cable Rows:
180 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets
Jackknife Pikes on a Swiss Ball:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets
Side Lateral Raises:
15 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets
supset with
Inverted Rows:
BW x 10 reps x 3 sets

Videos:

Banded Overhead Press, Dumbbell Rows, Unilateral Overhead Press, Side Lateral Raises and Inverted Rows:​

Overall Impression:

Ate like a beast last night. We went to bowl and it was my third time bowling ever....I scored an average of 110. Hmmm...Not that awesome but not that bad for my third time ever, right?​
Hope everyone's had a good weekend!​

X

Xiva

Banned
Solid champ!

Fine rows, i dont understand the way you build up in rows for example

Sentinel

Sentinel

Solid champ!

Fine rows, i dont understand the way you build up in rows for example
I don't get it either. It just happens.

Actually, I think it is because I don't warm-up properly for them. Infact, I didn't do any warm-up for those rows. I just took the 120 and decided to start.

My goal with the 120s is to be able to hit 3x15 with them by the end of this year at the very latest.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome rows! 55kg for 11 clap clap

Sentinel

Sentinel

Squat Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 3

Beginning Thoughts:

I am such a genius: I forgot to bring my camera on the one day I really should have. How awesome!​

Workout:

Front Squats:
255 lbs x 2 reps
275 lbs x 1 rep
295 lbs x 1 rep
315 lbs x 1 rep
Wow...I am so psyched about a 315 Front Squat!!!! Next week I got to repeat something like this and I might hit 315 again so I will definitely record the lift.

Weird Ab Exercise:
BW x 7 reps x 3 sets

Grip Training:
Walmart Gripper = 5 reps x 2 sets
HG 150 = 2 reps x 2 sets
CoC #1 = 1 rep x 1 set
HG 150 = 2 reps x 2 sets
Hand Extensions = 2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets
My left hand was hurting a lot. I dunno why though...just some muscular pain. It'll go hopefully.

Videos:

Check back next week...​

Overall Impression:

Hell week is about to begin. I hope everyone had a good weekend and thanks for reading!!!​

X

Xiva

Banned
Hey man :)
I've been wondering if i should try some Ipren against my back "pain", but i heard that it should be negative for your hypertrofi. (Yes, it's scienced based) On the other hand, having some joints problem or irritation will also give you less hypertrofi, due to the the fact, that you cant really workout.

What's your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.