• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Found it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Actually yes, my crushing grip is very very weak. I've never trained it and I have tinier hands than most weightlifters (I'm only 5'7 tall) so these grippers are quite a challenge. I'll get better in time though. Practice practice practice :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Worked out late tonight....I had barely eaten any food all day. Weird.​

Workout:

Pull-ups:​
BW x 14 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 10 reps​
BW x 9 reps​
Total = 44 reps​
Tiring....​
​
Front Squats:​
270 lbs x 1 rep @ 95%​
230 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets @ 82.5%​
This is Week 9 of Brad Gillingham's cycle. Last week is max-out session of sorts. I paused at the bottom of the 270 lbs. Felt really awesome.​
​
Metabolic Conditioning for 2 rounds:​
Lunge with Unilateral Press = 40 lbs x 5 reps​
Renegade Rows = 40 lbs x 5 reps​
Kettlebell Swings = 60 lbs x 10 reps​
Dumbbell Windmills = 30 lbs x 8 reps​
Felt gooooood.....I almost threw up after the second round.​

Videos:

Pull-ups, Front Squats & Metabolic Conditioning:​
​

Overall Impression:

Decent workout.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Very nice squattin there buddy, nice pullups and conditioning work 2!!
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Pause in the bottom of squat. Show off, show off !!! <3
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Very nice squattin there buddy, nice pullups and conditioning work 2!!

Thanks, PV. I hadn't eaten a solid meal all day and I was pretty destroyed so the conditioning work wore me out in no time.

Pause in the bottom of squat. Show off, show off !!! <3

hahahahha....I hope I can pause like this at 315. THAT would be just awesome!!!
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Thanks, PV. I hadn't eaten a solid meal all day and I was pretty destroyed so the conditioning work wore me out in no time.



hahahahha....I hope I can pause like this at 315. THAT would be just awesome!!!

Sometimes working out on an empty stomach can be a good thing, all the blood is in the muscle, not in the stomach aiding with digestion!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Sometimes working out on an empty stomach can be a good thing, all the blood is in the muscle, not in the stomach aiding with digestion!
True....But then I felt the urge to throw up after those drills :(
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Tonight's training...​

Workout:

Deadlift Singles @ > 90%:​
455 lbs @ 96%​
475 lbs @ 100%​
455 lbs @ 96%​
455 lbs @ 96%​
455 lbs @ 96%​
So, to recap:​
Week 1 = 7 Singles = Average Weight @ 445.7 lbs​
Week 2 = 5 Singles = Average Weight @ 459.0 lbs​
Next week is gonna be tres difficult with 10 singles. Should be quite an experience...​
​
Pistol Squats:​
3 + 3 = 6 reps​
Was running out of time. Didn't record these.​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Mobility Drills:​
​
​
Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

Have a good weekend, everyone! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice deadlifts man! 10 singles next time?! good luck!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Awesome dude :)

Hmm isn't "Squat hold" an isometric stretch, which is supposed to be bad, pre workout?
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Nice deadlifts man! 10 singles next time?! good luck!

Thanks. I need it!:)

Awesome dude :)

Hmm isn't "Squat hold" an isometric stretch, which is supposed to be bad, pre workout?

It is but I need my hip mobility improved and this helps a lot. It's not a long hold so it doesn't matter all that much. It was barely even 5 seconds. :)
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Awesome dude :)

Hmm isn't "Squat hold" an isometric stretch, which is supposed to be bad, pre workout?

With this intensity, no way!
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Thanks. I need it!:)



It is but I need my hip mobility improved and this helps a lot. It's not a long hold so it doesn't matter all that much. It was barely even 5 seconds. :)


I see bro. I just remember, i once did isometric stretch before workout, and my frined was shouting at me, when he read my log and sended me some articles :D (long time ago - Young and stupid, lol)

Anyway i got some pain in my left hip bend (not sure it's the right word) what would you recommend for warming that up.
- Fire hydrants
- Roll overs into V-sits
- Something else?
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
nice deads bro
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's workout..​

Workout:

Weighted Pull-ups:​
BW + 30 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 40 lbs x 3 reps​
BW + 50 lbs x 2 reps​
BW + 40 lbs x 2 reps​
Total = 10 reps​
Decent.​
​
Dumbbell Rows:​
120 lbs x 5 reps​
120 lbs x 7 reps​
120 lbs x 9 reps​
This was pretty difficult.​
​
Cable Rows:​
180 lbs x 12 reps​
200 lbs x 10 reps​
220 lbs x 5 reps​
180 lbs x 12 reps​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
BW x 5 reps x 3 sets​
​
Pallof Press:​
47.5 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Pull-ups, Rows and Core Training:​
​

Overall Impression:

I wish I had more time because I would've liked to do some inverted rows. Oh well...next week :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
I see bro. I just remember, i once did isometric stretch before workout, and my frined was shouting at me, when he read my log and sended me some articles :D (long time ago - Young and stupid, lol)

Anyway i got some pain in my left hip bend (not sure it's the right word) what would you recommend for warming that up.
- Fire hydrants
- Roll overs into V-sits
- Something else?

Long isometric stretches can hamper your training but to me, doing that squat hold is important because it enables me to gauge depth and to hit that depth at the very minimum. It also help me straighten out any thoracic bend I may have developed and it improves hip mobility like none other.

I dunno what those exercises are because there are like 10 names for every mobility drill lol but I can tell you that X-Band walks will greatly help you. You should most definitely try them out.

nice deads bro

Thanks, Jonathan :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Press Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got done working out...​

Workout:

Banded Overhead Press:​
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%​
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%​
165 lbs x 1 rep @ 100%​
155 lbs x 2 reps @ 94%​
The goal was to hit 3 doubles above 90% of my max plus one single at 100%. Next week the goal is to hit 4 doubles. I'm gonna slowly increase the volume to 7 doubles hopefully.​
​
Incline Crazy Bell Bench Press:​
185 lbs x 4 reps x 3 sets​
This was hard but I'm damn proud of myself for following through on this.​
​
Side Lateral Raises:​
12.5 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets​
I need to be careful with this exercise because of my shoulder injuries.​
​
Superset​
​
Inverted Rows:​
BW x 15 reps x 3 sets​
The pump I got from this super set is unbelievable. ​
​
Side Plank Rows:​
BW x 30 seconds x 3 sets​

Videos:

A little of everything:​
​

Overall Impression:

I haven't eaten anything save 3 scoops of whey first thing in the morning and then my usual 2 scoops of Whey + 2 scoops of Dex during my workout...​
​
My diet has been really good over the last 2 weeks. The last few days I've intentionally tried to keep myself eating clean but over the last 2 weeks I have managed to go from 205 lbs to 195 lbs. I know it's not water weight because when I weighed myself today at 195 lbs I was bloated like a pig and constipated as hell lol...​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Yo man :)

Is it because of your shoulder injury that you do "Lateral raise" that way? - Imo they look very weired.

Normally i would say: Force the forearm down, so that the elbow gets up. Try to have your pinky say hello to the sky :)

What injury did you have?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top