• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Strong session bro!

Dumbbell Rows:
125 lbs x 3 reps
125 lbs x 5 reps
125 lbs x 7 reps

How come you build up?
It just happened that way. I didn't mean to.
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
aah nothing better than some go'ol yard work
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Press Training
Mesocycle 19 - Week 4
​

Beginning Thoughts:

This is yesterday's training. I had to finish a project and instead of my planned 2 hours it took me 6 and therefore I had to skip dinner. I was going to skip the workout and grab food but I decided to go to the gym and I managed to get a huge meal after I got out past midnight.​

Workout:

Pull-ups:​
BW x 13 reps​
BW x 11 reps​
BW x 10 reps​
BW x 10 reps​
Total = 44 reps​
Goal achieved. New goal is to hit 50 reps in 4 sets.​
​
Banded Overhead Press:​
135 lbs x 3 reps​
145 lbs x 3 reps​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
165 lbs x 1 rep​
This was very difficult.​
​
Dips:​
6 + 6 + 6 = 18 reps in 3 minutes​

Videos:

Pull-ups and Banded OHP:​
​

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's having a good week. Thanks for reading! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Those Banded OHP's are awesome man! good session
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Gotta agree, those OH presses with bands are truely impressive.

I would love to try bands one day, but not yet :) Still got alot to get, before i specialize...
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Getting good at pullups and like the guys sad great OHP!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Gotta agree, those OH presses with bands are truely impressive.

I would love to try bands one day, but not yet :) Still got alot to get, before i specialize...
Band work is awesome. You don't need to be at a particular level for them....It's a tool to get bigger and stronger so you must treat it as a tool. It's not the essence. :)
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Just got back from my workout....It's been a LONG day and an even longer week. I really thought that Senior year last semester would be a blast but it's been an awfully painful experience and trying to balance school, diet, gf, friends, working out, etc is very very difficult.​

Workout:

Deadlift Singles @ > 90%:​
430 lbs @ 90%​
455 lbs @ 96%​
445 lbs @ 94%​
475 lbs @ 100%​
430 lbs @ 90%​
455 lbs @ 96%​
430 lbs @ 90%​
This was very tiring. Week 1 of this system has me doing 6-8 singles so I did 7 and called it quits. It's funny that the last set was actually the easiest. ​
​
Pistol Squats:​
3 + 3 = 6 reps​
I've been slacking off on this exercise for too long. I'm gonna get back to doing these regularly now. ​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts and Pistol Squats:​
​
Overall Impression:

I got accepted into a national Economics society called Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) which is awesome.​
​
I am gonna rest this weekend. I didn't sleep enough on Spring Break and I need to play catch up.​
​
I hope everyone's having a good week. Thanks for reading! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Looks good bro, really :)

Have you thought about doing band training, to train your explosivity? So that you get quicker off the bottom of the lift.

"I got accepted into a national Economics society called Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) which is awesome. "

Awesome - CG bro!
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
deadliftman oh yeah
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
I wanna see a 500 lbs deadlift here!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Looks good bro, really :)

Have you thought about doing band training, to train your explosivity? So that you get quicker off the bottom of the lift.

"I got accepted into a national Economics society called Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) which is awesome. "

Awesome - CG bro!

Well, bands don't help off the bottom of the lift as much because the tension in the bands really kicks in one they're stretched and at the bottom position they aren't as stretched out as they would be at the top.

However, I have used banded deadlifts extensively all summer 2009 and I might return to them later on down the road. For now I don't need to complicate things more than they already are. I get off the floor just fine in my lifts it's the top part thats the issue however we have to also consider than I am handling 90%+ of my max which shouldn't exactly be a walk in the park..though I am training to make it such.

Thanks for the kind words, bro. Much appreciated.

deadliftman oh yeah

Thanks, Jonathan! :)

I wanna see a 500 lbs deadlift here!

you and me both :)
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice deads man, congrats on gettin accepted man! brain and brawn!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Grip Training
Mesocycle 20 - Week 1
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I hadn't eaten enough so I decided to skip working out today. Decided to do some grip training instead.​

Workout:

Walmart Gripper:
5 reps x 2 sets
Set 1 was done slow and Set 2 was done faster. 1.5 minutes rest between sets.

Heavy Gripper 150:
2 reps x 2 sets
No setting for the gripper for this. It felt kinda difficult. Rest Interval was 2 minutes.

Captain of Crush (CoC) #1:
4 Singles
2 Doubles
This was very difficult and took everything I had. Naturally, I used a setting for this because I'm still new at this. I managed a clean close on two of the singles. Everything else was really close. But this is an improvement from last time where I couldn't even close one.

Heavy Gripper 150:
6 reps
With setting and done quick. A good finisher.

Hand Extensions:
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets
​

Videos:

Nothing special.​

Overall Impression:

Looking forward to tomorrow's workout....​
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Strong grip man, keep it up!!!
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Hey man, is your grip really bad?

I've just ben wondering since i got the 150 LBS gripper as well, and i can close it 20 times or smt. :)

Anyway keep it up, i'm gonna look for your rows now :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top