• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Boy Basics bodybuilding log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
2000 calories and aint loosing weight, that's to bad :'(

I dont even want to tell ya, what i'm loosing weight at. :D

I need to up my calories. I've shot my metabolism in the ass lol...I need to restart that entire process.

Anyway the whole session look insanely solid, those medley would have killed me :)

Your MP's are very strict (thumps up)

Thanks, Mike. MP's are meant to be strict. No leg drive and clean form.
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
Very cool log, and nice work on the lifts.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I have a massive exam tomorrow...the first of the last exams I'll ever take at Trinity University...I need to get an A.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:​
Mobility Drills​
135 lbs x 7 reps​
245 lbs x 7 reps​
295 lbs x 4 reps​
345 lbs x 3 reps​
385 lbs x 3 reps​
​
Deadlifts:​
425 lbs x 3 reps​
435 lbs x 2 reps​
445 lbs x 1 reps​
455 lbs x 3 reps​
465 lbs x 1 rep​
475 lbs x 1 rep​
Several things went wrong here..Firstly, I have a disgusting habit of biting my calluses and I tore 2 of them off today which lead to my grip sucking on each and every rep (you can actually see my hesitation at the start of quite a few reps and sets). Secondly, I am squatting too much. It's causing my body to be sore for more than 2 days and it is adversely affecting my performance. It won't be an issue once I graduate because then I will be on an 8 day rotation which will enable PLENTY of recovery time. But for now it's becoming hazardous. Lastly, I was way off my groove. Not good.​
​
Pistol Squats:​
Skipped​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
Skipped​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

I hope everyone's had a good week. Thanks for reading! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
I have a massive exam tomorrow...the first of the last exams I'll ever take at Trinity University...I need to get an A.

I cross my fingers for you, dear friend.

The whole DL session looks awesome. 475 is abit of a grinder, but hey it's also close to your max ;)

Overall solid session of DL.
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
I cross my fingers for you, dear friend.

The whole DL session looks awesome. 475 is abit of a grinder, but hey it's also close to your max ;)

Overall solid session of DL.
Thanks, Mike. I wish my form had been better. I just felt so out of it, you know? One of them unsatisfying feelings.

There's always this tug of war between what looks good on paper and how you feel after a workout. So many times you feel like you had an awesome session but when you look at what you did it looks really shitty. At the same time, there are moments when you think you had a terrible workout but then you look at your session on paper and you see you moved some solid weight. I just wish all my workouts look perfect on paper and perfect in feeling too :D Yes, I'm greedy! hahahaha
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Back Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Yesterday was the last day of classes. Feels soooo weird....​

Workout:

Dumbbell Rows:​
120 lbs x 7 reps​
120 lbs x 12 reps​
120 lbs x 11 reps​
120 lbs x 5 reps​
I had a novel idea (yes, sarcastic). I figured out that I am not compelled to NOT take a rest in between each side.​
​
Cable Rows:​
180 lbs x 10 reps​
190 lbs x 10 reps​
200 lbs x 10 reps​
​
Facepulls:​
90 lbs x 15 reps​
90 lbs x 15 reps​
100 lbs x 15 reps​
​
Weird Ab Exercise:​
BW x 6 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Pull-ups and Rows:​
​

Overall Impression:

Decent workout. Very happy with the rows. They felt great.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Squat Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Last week I did the 4 Squat workout...my soreness made my Deadlift workout impossible. So, this week, I decided to revisit a past chapter and dedicate this workout to Pistol Squats, Pull-ups, Grip Training and core work.​

Workout:

Pistol Squats:​
3 + 3 + 7 + 4 + 8 = 25 reps​
I am really happy with this. It's been so long since I've done these efficiently I had almost forgotten how to do them. I am going to try get 25 reps in one set this year. ​
​
Pull-ups:​
8 + 10 + 8 + 10 + 9 + 5 = 50 reps​
I did not do these aggressively. I just wanted to hit 50 reps in 5-6 sets with 8-10 reps per set. I am happy with this outcome as well.​
​
Grip Training:​
WMT = 5 reps x 2 sets​
HG 150 = 2 reps x 2 sets​
CoC #1 = 4 Singles​
I am glad I've been doing these once every 2 weeks. Progression is a LOT better this week.​
​
Russian Twists:​
35 lbs x 8 reps x 3 sets​
​
Dumbbell Windmills:​
30 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Pistol Squats, Pull-ups, Russian Twists and Dumbbell Windmills:​
​

Final exams begin on Wednesday...time to put my nose to the grindstone!!!​
​
I hope everyone's had a good weekend. I haven't seen any movies but I did got to 6th Street in Austin which was a real blast!​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
thumbs up and I wish you the best for your exams.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Press Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 2
​

Beginning Thoughts:

I have so little motivation to study for finals...arg!​

Workout:

Banded Overhead Press:​
145 lbs x 3 reps​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
155 lbs x 2 reps​
155 lbs x 1 rep​
135 lbs x 5 reps​
Decent....Not too pleased about this.​
​
Unilateral Overhead Press:​
75 lbs x 4 reps​
75 lbs x 5 reps​
75 lbs x 6 reps​
The last set was a royal pain. I got all 6 with my left hand but then I failed after 5 on the right. I had to take a couple of minutes to rest and then I hit one rep. ​
​
Side Lateral Raises:​
15 lbs x 12 reps x 3 sets​
​
Lying Dragon Flags:​
BW x 8 reps x 3 sets​
​
Hammer Grip Pull-ups:​
BW x 5 reps​
BW x 15 reps​
After all those 50 reps of pull-ups just yesterday I was toast..​

Videos:

Banded OHP, Unilateral OHP and Hammer Grip Pull-ups:​
​

Overall Impression:

Hope everyone had a good weekend! :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Dragonflags, dude that's just sick.

GJ!
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Great sessions lately man, good luck with the exams!
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Thanks guys!!! :)
 
Sentinel

Sentinel

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
450
Points
16
Deadlift Training
Mesocycle 21 - Week 3
​

Beginning Thoughts:

Exams have been very painful....I really hope I do well. Things aren't looking so hot and there's not much I could've done about it. Good news is that I think most people are failing though that doesn't provide much solace.​

Workout:

Deadlift Warm-up:​
Mobility Drills​
135 lbs x 7 reps​
245 lbs x 5 reps​
295 lbs x 5 reps​
345 lbs x 5 reps​
385 lbs x 2 reps​
​
Deadlifts:​
415 lbs x 2 reps​
435 lbs x 2 reps​
455 lbs x 3 reps​
455 lbs x 2 reps​
475 lbs x 1 rep​
Decent stuff. I went by feel. I am glad I switched to Pistol Squats on Sunday...my hips felt good though I am not 100% in my groove. Something is missing and I don't know what. The 475 lbs set was a royal pain. The bar got stuck mid movement at my thigh. That is soooo frustrating!!! I should get back to wearing my track pants.​
​
Pistol Squats:​
Skipped​
​
Front Planks:​
BW x 60 seconds x 3 sets​
I did my usual alternate one arm one leg thingy for 30 seconds each set...Good stuff though I hate this exercise. It is soo mind numbingly boring to just stay in one position for that long!​
​
Hand Extensions:​
2 bands x 20 reps x 3 sets​

Videos:

Deadlifts:​
​

Overall Impression:

Thanks for reading, everyone! Hope y'all are having a good week :)​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
nice deads :)
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Great rounds of deads Anuj.

I btw started yesteday, my camera ran out of power, what a great start ;)
so i'm recharching now and will upload video, when i get home from school :)
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Uhh and this must be something that pleases your eyes ;)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Thick back man! We can see that even with your shirt on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
1K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
942
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Replies
0
Views
2K
James Hollingshead Feed
James Hollingshead Feed
Top