• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Bulkboys Log!!!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
impressive fronties, but those 23 reps on squats were insane.!!

good job bro!
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
hehe liked that 20+ rep. It feels like a near death experience :p
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
sorry i havent been in here for a while bro. great leg session :) 120kg*5 on the front squats. finally uve found a weight to challenge you! GREAT work lol:)
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
Awesome leg session as usual. I expect nothing less lol. Keep it up!
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
thanks heaps everybody:2:

5/3/1: Cycle 3: Week 2: Day 1:

Military press:

2 warmup sets

60kgx3
70kgx3
77.5kgx9

Close grip bench press:

1 warmup set

90kgx11
90kgx9

Pushdowns:

30kgx12 straight bar
25kgx12 rope

Dips:

mex22

Pullups:

mex14
mex10
mex9

Pulldowns:

80kgx10 wide overhand grip
80kgx10 wide overhand grip
80kgx10 underhand grip
80kgx10 underhand grip

Chest supported db rows:

30kg'sx15
30kg'sx12
30kg'sx12
30kg'sx12

lat pulls:

30kgx20

Db hammer curls:

20kg'sx12
20kg'sx12
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Strong session man, lots of good extra work 2! keep it up man!
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
those MP make my head go around every time! 77 x9

fuck! I have to step up on those!

good job Bulk.











(gonna update my log):bitelip:
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
Awesome MPs. You'll be repping out 100kgs in no time.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Prince: thanks buddy:2:

Natzo: thanks buddy:2: my delts have always been decent both in strenght and development. i think i have a relatively strong MP compared to my bench which i think suck in comparison.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Awesome MPs. You'll be repping out 100kgs in no time.

haha, i think thats gonna take me awhile. but long term, that would be awesome yeah;D i really like MP's. just picking a weight off the ground and pressing it overhead. doesent get any more basic than that:D
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
5/3/1: Cycle 3: Week 2: Day 2:

Deadlifts:

2 warmup sets

135kgx3
155kgx3
172.5kgx9

Shrugs:

120kgx10
120kgx12
120kgx10
110kgx20

Good mornings:

60kgx20
60kgx20

Db lateral raises:

22.5kgx13 to the side
22.5kgx10 to the side
17.5kgx20 to the side
22.5kgx12 to the rear
22.5kgx12 to the rear (puh, 45-60 sec rest between sets, delts were swole!)

situps:

mex100

Pinch grip plate holds for grip, followed by cardio in the end. 15-20 minutes on the treadmill. running on an incline.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome session man, strong deads! keep it up man!!
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Awesome workout mate. Great deads as usual, whats the grip on them reg overhand? I've switched from under/over to reg overhand grip. Oh and sweet side laterals too man, good stuff :2:
 
T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
988
Points
36
Wow your shrugs and your deadlifts are really good mate, keep on trucking away :D.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Lance: thanks for checking in mate:2: i used straps on the last set of deads today, as ive also returned to overhand grip. i did all sets except the last one without straps, but there was no way i was gonna get more than 2-3 reps with 172.5kg without straps. and in the end i made the conclusion that i cannot sacrifice that much weight/reps because of my grip. its amazing really how much harder deads are when using the double overhand grip. but i am afterall a bodybuilder, and have no interest in powerlifting, so while i will be working to bring up my grip in regular overhand, i wont take the injury risk of an over/under grip. i also did the shrugs without straps for some extra grip training:2:

Tonks: thanks for checking in mate:)
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
Awsome deads mate! Assistance work looks strong aswell!
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Lance: thanks for checking in mate:2: i used straps on the last set of deads today, as ive also returned to overhand grip. i did all sets except the last one without straps, but there was no way i was gonna get more than 2-3 reps with 172.5kg without straps. and in the end i made the conclusion that i cannot sacrifice that much weight/reps because of my grip. its amazing really how much harder deads are when using the double overhand grip. but i am afterall a bodybuilder, and have no interest in powerlifting, so while i will be working to bring up my grip in regular overhand, i wont take the injury risk of an over/under grip. i also did the shrugs without straps for some extra grip training:2:

Yeh mate, i hear ya. I was talking to my lecturer at uni today after seeing those vids IS put up it was making me abit scared over doing over/under on deads. I asked if theres any undue stress on the biceps deadlifting this way and if it could potentially lead to a bicep tear with the under hand and told him that ive seen alot of vids where it shows this. He say's it does put stress on more than overhand but aslong as your not doing singles and maxing out you'll be fine. H said because i do bodybuilding he said you'll be fine seen as though my reps are 4-6 on them.

So ive started doing both overhand and i may go back to straps aswell for my heaviest set because like you said i dont want to comprimise my back strength for my forearms, there obv going to be weaker than my back muscles. I think im going to get some chalk as well to help out with my grip.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
Anabolicus: thanks mate!:D

Lance: exactly. im not going back to the under/over grip, as i just dont wanna risk a tear. im very conserned with longevity, and ive never had a major injury and i intend keeping it that way. i hope to improve my grip to the point where i can ditch straps altogether. but until that happends, ill use straps on the heaviest set(s).
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Solid rep out there mate. Keep up the good work
 
Top