• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Climbing stairs

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
This is one good exercise that I saw when I was younger. This guy is a high jumper in basketball. Standing at 5 feet 2 inches only but he could beat much taller players in rebounding and even blocking with the aid of his exceptional leaping. When he revealed his secret to me, I couldn’t believe it. He would be climbing the stairs of their house as an exercise. And to make it more effective, he would be carrying a backpack filled with heavy books. I had tried that climbing of the stairs but I was afraid that I would miss a step and figure in an accident. But I think it is an effective way of giving your legs the oomph to leap high.
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
I agree that climbing stairs that too with a load is an awesome exercise for the calf muscles. Infact I used to stand on the edge and lift myself up with the toes to get the calf some exercise. This had helped a lot while climbing a mountain.

These kinds of simple exercises prevent muscle cramps too.
 
R

remnant

Banned
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
189
Points
0
I have undergone such exercises now for quite some time going as far as working in a construction site to lift stones and transport them to the top floors for a pay. With time, it becomes easier as the muscles adjust accordingly. Additionally, its best to do this on a continuous basis with one day gaps at most for maximum results. However, I find it hard to use stairs when a lift is available, ha!
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
I could really get into this exercise, indoors or outside, I should find some bleachers at the local ballpark to run up - this could be a really good way to build up your leg power as well. Running stairs strengthens and tones leg muscles, this keeps your leg arteries flexible, allowing the blood to move more easily. Better blood flow in the legs means a healthier heart.
 
C

Concentrix

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
69
Points
8
Well, stairs running strengthens the calves muscle and this muscle area helps in jumping higher. Plus, running in your tiptoes can increase the calves muscle strength more. This kind of exercise is really helpful to basketball, volleyball, and football players.
 

Similar threads

Top