• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

clinton's gas tax

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what are the opinions on this supposed gas tax, or lack thereof, clinton has proposed. no taxing gas? shit i'm for anything that makes the fucking price cheaper. but is this more of a stunt? maybe like a last ditch effort to a fading democratic campaign?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
it's silly, just like her campaign. removing the 18cent tax on gas for the summer? that would take away $10 billion in tax money.

yeah......that'll solve everyone's problems. :jerkoff1:

there is not a quick fix for the gas prices. as long we continue to spend ourselves into debt, the prices of eveything will keep going up.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its all a load of shit.

1- the average joe saves around 35 cents a day.
2- its gonna encourage people to drive more, which will cause the demand to go up and since the supply isn't gonna go up the price is the only thing that goes up.
3- its estimated that 300,000 construction jobs will be lost.

all together its a poor example of leadership. where instead of encouraging people to change their habbits, they're coming up with these shameless panders just to get elected into office.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's silly, just like her campaign. removing the 18cent tax on gas for the summer? that would take away $10 billion in tax money.

yeah......that'll solve everyone's problems. :jerkoff1:

there is not a quick fix for the gas prices. as long we continue to spend ourselves into debt, the prices of eveything will keep going up.

kinda what i was thinking. good post

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
besides an investment in alternative fuel sources, is there anything that can be done about gas prices?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
besides an investment in alternative fuel sources, is there anything that can be done about gas prices?
alternative fuel sources won't help with the immediate problem. I'm sure somewhere down the line in 50 years, people will start having more options in terms of fuel. But for right now, we have no real choices.

Gas prices are a reflection of the state of our economy.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont know what you guys are complaining, the gas is cheap!

the price in europe is more than twice than here :dunnodude:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
i dont know what you guys are complaining, the gas is cheap!

the price in europe is more than twice than here :dunnodude:
in places like Venezuela, gas is like 15 cents a gallon.

so whats your point?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alternate fuel sources are bullshit, converting food crops to produce a fuel sources that has less energy than gasoline and produces formaldehyde when burned. Way to go Government!

Not to mention the selfdestructing seeds their selling farmers these days! bioengineered seed that can only be used for one growing season.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
in places like Venezuela, gas is like 15 cents a gallon.

so whats your point?

ye, but venezuelan peoples income is also alot smaller, so that sort of make due, i think he means that even though americans and europeans make about the same amount of money, americans still pay only half of the fuel prices. here in norway we soon pay 3 dollars per litre, thats 12 dollars per gallon, and we are an oil nation! so we got alot more to bitch about than you americans:49:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ye, but venezuelan peoples income is also alot smaller, so that sort of make due, i think he means that even though americans and europeans make about the same amount of money, americans still pay only half of the fuel prices. here in norway we soon pay 3 dollars per litre, thats 12 dollars per gallon, and we are an oil nation! so we got alot more to bitch about than you americans:49:

12 DOLLARS A GALLON!!!!! why aren't you people rioting in the streets and suicide bombing gas stations?!?!?!

i mean seriously, that is fucking absurd. what do you think a boycott would do of select oil giants like exxon/ mobil? would it help any?

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The man that predicted gas was going to be $4 a gallon this year was right. He's also predicting that in a few years, it's reach $10 here (U.S.) It's totally unneccessary and uncalled for. The reason why gas is 12 cents a gallon in Venezuela is becase they drive donkeys. :jerkoff1:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
The reason why gas is 12 cents a gallon in Venezuela is becase they drive donkeys. :jerkoff1:
or because they are the 5th top oil exporting country and because the fuel is subsidized.

also in many middle-eastern countries, the price of a gallon of gas is under a dollar.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
or because they are the 5th top oil exporting country and because the fuel is subsidized.

also in many middle-eastern countries, the price of a gallon of gas is under a dollar.

wow. do you ever forsee us returning to the time when gas was in the mid $1 range? i mean, say we pull out of iraq and the economy rectifies itself? any hope?

skid9832004

skid9832004

true, your gas is expensive but our problems are compounded with other things that foreigners dont see that we have to pay such as massive insurance bills and epecially here in New york every kind of tax under the sun everyone is moving to the south because it is so much cheaper your economy also is not exactly in crisis lock down. The point is you have to live here to know all the burdens that are compounded. Not to say living anywhere is easy

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
20inch, I don't think we'll ever see gas in our country below even $2.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
12 DOLLARS A GALLON!!!!! why aren't you people rioting in the streets and suicide bombing gas stations?!?!?!

i mean seriously, that is fucking absurd. what do you think a boycott would do of select oil giants like exxon/ mobil? would it help any?

LMFAO:bowroflarms:

yeah it is pretty sick, especially when like 50% of our export income comes from oil. but i guess we norwegians arent as hung up in it as u guys, we are used to high fuel prices, but now its getting kinda extreme. we dont drive as much as u guys though, and generally we drive more fuel economic cars. i doubt a boycott would do much, when the price of raw oil is as high as it is today, OPEC has basically decided to fuck things up u know, they could produce alot more but they wont, so prices go up paired with the unstable situation in the mid east.

imo its about high time we find some alternative fuel one way or another. nuclear, green coal, torium(very interesting) solar, wind, wawes, whatever, we need new non polluting sources with wich the arabs do not control 70% off.

let me tell you this though, u americans have no idea how much money the gov takes from us over here, i dont know what u guys pay in income taxes, but over here its close to 40% just in income taxes, overall i think its estimated that we pay nearly 60% of our income back to the gov. true story:jerkoff1: hell, we have free healthcare and all, but still:hhj:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
true, your gas is expensive but our problems are compounded with other things that foreigners dont see that we have to pay such as massive insurance bills and epecially here in New york every kind of tax under the sun everyone is moving to the south because it is so much cheaper your economy also is not exactly in crisis lock down. The point is you have to live here to know all the burdens that are compounded. Not to say living anywhere is easy

believe me when i say this. we pay ALOT more taxes than you guys. you are right about us not having to pay insurance and crap, and we also get alot for free that u guys dont. it really comes down to an ideological view.