• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutler says:"Dennis is a threat"

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone got any recent pics of Wolf to see how he's coming on?

I thought everyone was talking about Dennis James at first and was wondering why people saw him as a threat.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the only thing i think he really could show some improvement in size wise without sacrificing his shape is his lower back (along with maybe some more back thickness). but that also plays up his small waist so i dont know if this would really benefit him.

his condition last year was still superior to jays and if the show were judged fairly he should have been 2nd with victor being our mr O.
Lower back, back thickness, calves, hamstrings, glutes, and his arms to keep up with his delts.

He needs work before he has a chance at winning the O.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
don´t see dennis being a contender, like flex sayd he has too many flaws, mostly lower back
maybe in the next few years. i think phil heath will place higher than wolf.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:uhoh2: um....his arms are not a weakpoint.....at all. should his delts come up too? maybe he should bring his waist in some? :jerkoff1:

Dont get so butthurt:jerkoff1:....everyone has there opinion. you clearly think Wolf is complete while others feel he has some weak points. Personally i think he needs more calves, lower lat and overall thickness.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont get so butthurt:jerkoff1:....everyone has there opinion. you clearly think Wolf is complete while others feel he has some weak points. Personally i think he needs more calves, lower lat and overall thickness.

He is learning, he still a youngen :keke:

Cutsjr

Cutsjr

if dennis comes in like last year he should win it. period. the man has an outstanding structure and sports just as much mass as jay and vic with better aesthetics than both of them. the olympia will continue to be a joke as long as he is mr O.
The Olympia will remain a joke huh, no surprise a Ronnie fan would say that. I suppose Ronnie would be better with his atrophy problems? Get over yourself, you make yourself look ignorant with statements like that. Do you look better then Jay or any other pro for that matter? I doubt it, so until you do why don't you make some statements that have merit to them.:gtfoslap:

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally I think Wolf and Vic look way better than Jay. Jay is blocky and has too many weak/ugly parts. I liked Jay back before he tried to keep up with Ronnie in the size department. Its all about sweeping lines to me but the Olympia has different thoughts on it I guess. If I was a judge I would have a Healthy Vic vs. Wolf vs. Dex for the top three. It would also be more of a mainstream type body if one of them won.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am a fan of Wolf and recognize his weakpoints (Lower back/lat, glutes, hams, calves). However, if he is able to continue improving at the rate he has been, he will be fighting hard for the number 1 spot. I find it interesting that Jay is just now saying that dennis is a contender for the title, many thought he was last year :dunnodude:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am a fan of Wolf and recognize his weakpoints (Lower back/lat, glutes, hams, calves). However, if he is able to continue improving at the rate he has been, he will be fighting hard for the number 1 spot. I find it interesting that Jay is just now saying that dennis is a contender for the title, many thought he was last year :dunnodude:

Dennis looked great at last years O for sure but i think he shocked everyone...he wasnt expected to place or come in how he did. Thats probably why Jay didnt consider him a serious threat last year. Im sure once they got on stage though Jay was aware of it. Cool that he at least tells it like it is and recognizes his competition....i hated how ronnie disrespected Cuts by always saying Vic was the next Mr.O even though jay was the runner up year after year....

bangbang

bangbang

I still feel that Victor is the number one contender for the title even with his injury..somehow i dont think its going to be big issue in late september..
I agree that Vic is probably the most qualified. As far is Dennis, he looks good.. real good symmetry but a bit over rated IMO. Looking at both Vic and Dennis, Vic doesn't really have much weakness's other than his injury. Dennis has great shape, but I think just does not flow as well as some of the others. I think even Phil looks a bit better than Dennis.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I disagree. Wolf has got way more stage presence than Heath. Just simply by the fact that he is much taller, he commands a lot more attention. I agree with a comments by Chad Nichols, who said something along the lines of...the taller guy should always gain more attention than the shorter guys. I think Heath's main disadvantage is his height. Wolf standing next to him, will dwarf him.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not really...wolf is 5'11 Heath is 5'9

I dunno why but they always say Wolf is over 6 feet and hes not....i've seen em in person and hes even said so himself on his videos hes 5'11

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
btw... he uses metric system... so its very possible wolf doesnt know what he is exactly in feet and inches... i know i dont. Imperial system = fail.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dennis Wolf is still easily adding mass to his awesome frame. If he can bring his calves up and yes, hit the lower lats(his back is the widest in the sport right now), then he will win. I think he might even beat Phil Heath, which is really hard choice.Depends on what they are lookin for I guess

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I disagree. Wolf has got way more stage presence than Heath. Just simply by the fact that he is much taller, he commands a lot more attention. I agree with a comments by Chad Nichols, who said something along the lines of...the taller guy should always gain more attention than the shorter guys. I think Heath's main disadvantage is his height. Wolf standing next to him, will dwarf him.
If Wolf did place over Heath, this would be the reason; unless Heath came in off.

But, it's not like Heath is Dexter Jackson's height.

bangbang

bangbang

when did bodybuilding become a height contest.. :dunnodude:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when did bodybuilding become a height contest.. :dunnodude:
You're missing his point.

Nobody said bodybuilding is a height contest, but it's a fact that the shorter bodybuilders get lost on stage. Now, as for Heath I doubt it would be a problem considering he's 5'9."

You tell me, who gets your attention in this picture?

Kai Greene - Branch Warren - Darrem Charles - Dennis Wolf

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vic and Denis are top priority. Jay should be careful, his horrible asymmetrical body needs to be SHREDDED to even stand a chance against them or Phil.