Derek Lunsford
Well-known member
Author
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2025
- Messages
- 45
- Points
- 8
The 2025 Olympia wrapped with a defining moment in bodybuilding history—Derek Lunsford claimed his second Mr. Olympia title, completing what fans are calling the “Triple Crown” season. He won the Arnold Classic, Pittsburgh Pro, and now the Olympia, earning more than $1 million in prize money—the first bodybuilder ever to do so in a single year.
The video captures the emotion right after his win. Derek, surrounded by his wife and daughter, thanks God, his family, and coach for their unwavering support. Last year’s heartbreak turned into redemption. “Last year I went home in tears because I was sad. Now I’m going home with tears because history was made,” he said, holding back emotion.
When asked how he managed to peak perfectly for three major shows, Derek admitted it pushed him physically and mentally. “People said you can’t peak three times. It’s hard. But I stayed laser-focused all year. I didn’t want to waste the sacrifices my family made.” His determination and discipline paid off with a physique fuller and sharper than ever.
He also praised his fellow competitors like Samson Dauda, Nick Walker, Andrew Jacked, and Martin Fitzwater, saying, “We call each other competitors, but really we’re colleagues. Together we push bodybuilding forward.”
After the win, Derek hosted fans at his Florida gym, expressing gratitude to the bodybuilding community and promising to give back through sponsorships and future events. “God told me if you build it, they will come,” he said, looking out at a packed crowd celebrating his victory.
The video captures the emotion right after his win. Derek, surrounded by his wife and daughter, thanks God, his family, and coach for their unwavering support. Last year’s heartbreak turned into redemption. “Last year I went home in tears because I was sad. Now I’m going home with tears because history was made,” he said, holding back emotion.
When asked how he managed to peak perfectly for three major shows, Derek admitted it pushed him physically and mentally. “People said you can’t peak three times. It’s hard. But I stayed laser-focused all year. I didn’t want to waste the sacrifices my family made.” His determination and discipline paid off with a physique fuller and sharper than ever.
He also praised his fellow competitors like Samson Dauda, Nick Walker, Andrew Jacked, and Martin Fitzwater, saying, “We call each other competitors, but really we’re colleagues. Together we push bodybuilding forward.”
After the win, Derek hosted fans at his Florida gym, expressing gratitude to the bodybuilding community and promising to give back through sponsorships and future events. “God told me if you build it, they will come,” he said, looking out at a packed crowd celebrating his victory.








