• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another all out bad-ass session man.
congrats on the heath curls too. keep it up man!

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong deadlifts :coolguy: I like how you come back after your lunchbreak and hit the weights again with a vengeance :D

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Strong deadlifts :coolguy: I like how you come back after your lunchbreak and hit the weights again with a vengeance :D

Can't leave something half done... :dunnodude:
:xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
terrific sessions el freako:2: great benching, great deadlifting and those upright rows are very impressive too. keep pushing m8:2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Today's push session

The squat rack was being used so I started with the Hammer Strength Chest Press.

Hammer Strength Chest Press
10 x 70kg
6 x 110kg wu
5 x 162.5kg wu
3 x 162.5kg
4 x 162.5kg
3 x 162.5kg
2 x 162.5kg
My chest was fucked so I dropped 10kgs
4 x 152.5kg
4 x 152.5kg
3 x 152.5kg
I didn't have my planned rest day this week due to Monday being a bank holiday and i really felt it today, my chest was nowhere near recovered enough for such heavy lifts.

The squat rack was still occupied so I went onto BTN presses.
Seated BTN Presses
10 x 20kg wu
10 x 40kg too easy
10 x 45kg
8 x 45kg
8 x 45kg
10 x 45kg
Where those last 2 reps came from I don't know.

Again I ran out of time and had to come back at lunch, I've really got to develop some time management skills.

Squats
10 x 60kg wu
10 x 100kg wu
7 x 3 x 132.5kg
I had to give up on these, my lower back was axed. I did the first 3 without a belt til it hurt too much, then strapped the belt on for a few more sets but by the end of it my back was screaming everytime I took a step back from the squat rack. Lesson: don't do heavy squats the day after heavy deads.

I was meant to do weighted dips now but I forgot my chain for the weights so I did some heavy cable tri-extensions on the lat pulldown machine.
Cable Tri-Extensions
15 x 21kg wu
10 x 35kg wu
10 x 54kg
10 x 54kg
8 x 54kg

Lateral Raises
10 x 10kg
10 x 17.5kg
10 x 15kg
10 x 15kg

I had a bit more in me so I did some dips with a Db.
Weighted Dips
15 x 10kg
12 x 10kg
12 x 10kg

Tomorrow is going to be murder, I'm not looking to the strain on my lower back from bent rows and GMs.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, it can be pretty hard on the lower back with squats the day after deadlifts and vice versa! It did squats yesterday and deadlifted tuesday, and I could still definitely feel it in the lower back! Good session though - keep 'em coming! Btw - throw that avatar-pic up in your log :xyxthumbs:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Yeah, it can be pretty hard on the lower back with squats the day after deadlifts and vice versa! It did squats yesterday and deadlifted tuesday, and I could still definitely feel it in the lower back! Good session though - keep 'em coming! Btw - throw that avatar-pic up in your log :xyxthumbs:

Go back to page 8, they're already there. :xyxthumbs:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't know how heavy those hammer strenght presses are cause i've never tried them but you're sure putting up alot of kg's on there. good effort on the squats too decpite the lower back pain. gotta take care of your lower back. squatting after a back workout is not the best thing to do but i guess you know that now, hehe. keep up the good work big guy:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^^I know how heavy that is, and its extremely heavy! nice job freako! Heavy tricep extensions buddy.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think lower back pain is the worst form of DOMS you can get.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I've been a cripple for 3 days now. I even need to support my back when I get up off the couch. Now I know how old people feel.

Today's pull session

Bent Rows
12 x 40kg rows wu
12 x 50kg deadlifts wu
12 x 50kg rows wu
10 x 3 x 85kg way too easy, but my ROM tend to go right out the window exponentially with rows so its probably best to start low

Superset - I was running low on time
Underhand Chins
8 x 10kg
4 x 10kg, 4 x bw
10 x bw
8 x bw
8 x bw

Good Mornings
10 x 50kg
wu
10 x 70kg ouch!
10 x 50kg ouch!
I gave up on these due to my back and moved on to...

Rear Delt Rows
10 x 50kg
These also hurt too much

Rear Delt Fly
10 x 49kg
7 x 63kg
8 x 56kg

EZbar Curls
10 x 32.5kg wide grip
10 x 32.5kg medium grip
10 x 32.5kg close grip
These felt great, I might continue doing them with alternating grips from now on

My lower back just restricted me at every turn today, a shitty session in that regard.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
freako, buddy, ur work ethic and dedication is inspiering. but u dont wanna hurt urself. i think u may be pushing urself too hard. u train extremely heavy pretty much all the time, and all those atg squats and deads will take its toll on ur lower back. u only have one back, and if u fuck it up u may struggle with it for years to come. maybe deload alittle or take some time off? atleast make sure not to squat and deadlift two days in a row. ive heard that the lower back needs more time to recover than most other muscle groups. i hope u heal up quickly bro. and be safe:2:

PS: no im not trying to make u stop training so i can catch up on u in deads:49:;)

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong deads and presses bro.Excellent work.
Nice avi btw:gaygay:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session, hurt back or not, that's impressive weight.

If you're suffering, you NEED to take some off days. Bent rows, GM's...they all require the lowerback to stabilize the lumbar throughout the entire ROM. Just saying, you might push your luck.

freako, buddy, ur work ethic and dedication is inspiering. but u dont wanna hurt urself. i think u may be pushing urself too hard. u train extremely heavy pretty much all the time, and all those atg squats and deads will take its toll on ur lower back. u only have one back, and if u fuck it up u may struggle with it for years to come. maybe deload alittle or take some time off? atleast make sure not to squat and deadlift two days in a row. ive heard that the lower back needs more time to recover than most other muscle groups. i hope u heal up quickly bro. and be safe:2:

PS: no im not trying to make u stop training so i can catch up on u in deads:49:;)

I agree with ya bulkman :xyxthumbs:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I wouldn't normally have done deads then squats after each other except for the fact that it was a 4 day week this week thanks to a bank/public holiday on Monday. I'm doing a 4 day split and I refuse to train on my weekends so I had little other choice.

Time off is for pussies...
:carduindisguise

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man those sessions are killers, good shit

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You really live up to your name freak :) Good stuff.

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow those sessions are brutal! I agree with the other guys give that lower back a little rest, weight is supreme:tiphat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm doing a bit of a Max here, I'm dumping this routine as it stands and going to Smolov my squats. I was commenting in Nig's log and criticised him at how weak his squats were compared to his bench (5rm: 110kg vs 100kg) and then I realised that I was even worse (1rm: 155kg vs 160kg). So I'm biting the bullet and fixing this problem pronto, starting today. I'll keep the majority of my current push/pull routine except the deads which I will only do light maintenance work on Fridays, if any. I'll wind back my benching % as well because I expect the squats to be quite taxing.

Wish me luck, I'm going to die!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
This is the smolov cycle I'm going to use, I'm just doing the preparatory phase as I'm heading to Oktoberfest in early Oct for a week and that will be right when the intensity phase was meant to happen.

Attachments

• Smolov.xls
    19 KB · Views: 41