• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

El Freako: Staying North of Vag

Till

Till

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome workouts lately, man! Nice vid too. Next time film some of those badass Db. presses...! But still: Pizza with the Misses > Training. :borat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm considering adapting my WSB template to a 3-day routine so as to leave myself 2 days dedicated to cardio. I've been having a hell of a time trying to fit in weights and then do cardio afterwards.

My options:
1/
Monday
ME Bench
Pullups
DB press
Bi/tri superset
Rear delts

Wednesday
ME Squat/Dead
Abs
Box Squats
GHR/GM
Calves

Friday
Squats
Heavy Row
Military Press
Bi/Tri Superset
Abs

or

2/
Monday
ME Squat/Dead
DB Press
GHRs
Pullups
Abs

Thursday
ME Bench
Box Squats
Dips/CG Press
GM/Pull
Abs

Friday
Heavy Row
Military Press
Bi/tri work
Rear delts

I'll work something out eventually...

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^i think you should do workout #1 for 2 weeks, and then workout #2 for the other 2 weeks !!!

this way you will shock your muscles brother :thumbsup2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^^i think you should do workout #1 for 2 weeks, and then workout #2 for the other 2 weeks !!!

this way you will shock your muscles brother :thumbsup2:

No need for me to do that, I lift heavy enough and cycle my core lifts every 4 weeks and I'm sweet as long as I keep on throwing out PRs. I just need to make sure I give myself the best chance for recovery. The volume is pretty similar in both templates.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great sessions behind you man. I've been keeping up with you on YouTube and I'm pretty impressed with them man. I come in here and the weights certainly aren't anything to be ashamed of either. That db press is monsterous. Is that weight on the Iso High Row per side? I thought you said I did more than you I'm only doing about 125kg per side, you're doing well more than that. I almost hope that's the combined weight otherwise I'm a bit scared because thats massive strength for one side.

Keep up the great work dude and I'm glad the powerlifting regime is going well for you.

Btw, the new pictures you posted look good man. You certainly added some mass, and a bit bodyfat but no worries I'm currently fat too it's all good sometimes we just need long periods of time with some meat on our bones. I don't plan on dieting for another year.

Imagine next year at this time what numbers you'll be putting up, scarey.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Unfortunately it was only 160 total but it was my first time on the machine and I'm sure that after a few weeks I'll be able to rape out a few sets of 250 or more!

There'll be more vids coming too so don't change that channel! :p

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unfortunately it was only 160 total but it was my first time on the machine and I'm sure that after a few weeks I'll be able to rape out a few sets of 250 or more!

There'll be more vids coming too so don't change that channel! :p

muahaha, I win!

Excellent, I love the vids man.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cardio on off days might be a better choice so its good to do the 3 day a week lifting routine. Your doing great freak! Keep up the good work.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm gonna run with this template I've decided...

Monday
ME Squat/Dead
DB Press
GHRs
Pullups
Abs
Maybe bi/tri work

Thursday
ME Bench
Box Squats
Dips/CG Press
GM/Pull
Abs

Friday
Heavy Row
Military Press
Bi/tri work
Rear delts

It allows me spread my bodypart volume over 2 days rather than do I all on one day.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Split looks good, keep up the good work with those heavy weights!! :2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
After much deliberation I think I can safely proclaim that I have reinvented the wheel. :p

By that I mean I have adapted my WSB 4-day split into a 3-day split suitable to my needs.

Mon
ME Upper
DE Squats
Back
Acc. Lower/Abs Superset
Bi/Tri Superset

Wed
ME Lower
RE DBs/DE Bench (alternating cycles)
Back
Acc. Lower/Abs Superset
Tri/Rear Delts Superset

Fri
Heavy Back
Military Press
RE Squats
Bi/Tri Superset
Hams or L. Back/Abs Superset

Tue/Thu/Sat will be dedicated to cardio.

I'll cycle my lifts every 4 weeks with the 4th week being a deload. I have yet to set my cycle parameters but will work on that tonight.

Acc.=Accessory Movement. Explanations of Accessory, ME, DE and RE movements can be found. I'm going to post this up in the training section with more details and explanations, just in case anybody else wants to give it a try.

Now I'm off to the gym, later bitches! :borat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Upper ME

ME Bench Press
20 x bar
10 x 60kg
5 x 80kg
5 x 100kg
3 x 120kg
1 x 130kg
1 x 140kg
1 x 150kg
1 x 160kg
fail x 170kg
I've got a video of the 170kg attempt which I will post tomorrow. I think my groove was all wrong and my arms were too flared. I'm putting it down to a technique failure as much as a strength failure. 160kg felt relatively easy so I really think that I'm closing in on 170kg very soon.

DE Low-Box Squats
3 x 100kg
3 x 110kg
2 x 120kg
I'm getting pretty comfortable with the touch, pause and fire method.

Pullups
12 x bw
10 x bw
7 x bw
6 x bw
7 x bw
7 x bw
5 x bw
50+ reps again. I'm going with some Jim Wendler advice and doing 100 reps per week.

Supersets
A1. Ghetto GHR
20 x bw
13 x bw
Brutal on the hams but I'm getting stronger.

A2. Weighted Decline Situps
20 x 25kg
13 x 25kg
I felt like dying after this superset but there was more to come!

B1. Cable Pushdowns with rope
10 x 40lbs?
20 x 120lbs?
16 x 120lbs?

B2. Cable Curls with rope
10 x 40lbs?
20 x 100lbs?
16 x 100lbs?
Finishing this superset was murder. I stumbled and staggered all the way home.

Also, I made myself very popular with the gym owner by chalking the bench then discovering that for some reason I could wipe it off after my sweat mixed in with it. Oops. I did it because I was sweating so bad that I couldn't keep my arch.

A good session despite the bench fail. Full-body work is a motherfucker!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn bro;D that is some sweet benching right there! fuck u for weighing as much as me and still benching 30 kg more than me:( ;)

also, ur new split looks sweet, i may have to steal ur work the next time i change program;D i like the look of that:2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
damn bro;D that is some sweet benching right there! fuck u for weighing as much as me and still benching 30 kg more than me:( ;)

also, ur new split looks sweet, i may have to steal ur work the next time i change program;D i like the look of that:2:

I am a fair bit older than you Bulky, I've had many more years to work on my bench. Instead, fuck you for being able to deadlift so much when you're so young.

Check the training section later for a full write-up and template for the program. :thumbsup2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Here's the vid of my bench fail...

As you can see I lose my groove just off the chest and the bar moves back up my chest and my elbows flare out. I need to keep it tighter next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well it looked ok. strength is great.. try to bust it couple more times and you got it clean :)

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
It looked ok but I wouldn't have been able to get it back up without the spotter there.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The bench is looking great man. I personally think you have it right now it would just depend on a few factors. Perhaps doing it when feeling better, or a different time of day. I'm sure you have it though. Keep focusing. Everything else looked very nice, intense, and to the point.

I especially like the 100 pullups a week. I coincidentally have been thinking about doing 100 a week if not 125 or 150. Right now I only do 80 a week so I think 125 or 150 would be a larger shock.

Continue with the videos Ben, I truly like them.