• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo- Thank you:) Being able to take a hit is important in MMA; check your area to see what you have available.

Miami- Thank you; I haven't always tried to see the best in a given situation, but I've been blessed with examples around me of those who do.

Lionheart- Thank you for reading it, fellow Jerichoholic:D

Chesti- Thank you for the props:2: It was a serious blessing to have been able to lose to him; we actually did compete again (fight thirteen for me). I can detail that one too, if anyone would care to hear it.

Philo- The fact that he was so cool about everything was what made the occasion really stick out. Thank you for the support in my log:)

Rocky- Thank you:D I'll just keep working to keep up with you in our international-wars-of-iron:hsughr:

Tunen- Thank you; due to my tall-man's syndrome :)disgust:) I've had to work hard to add mass to my shoulders. It's taken years, but I'm happy with my progression at this point. I still have a ways to go...and yeah, I'm jealous of your vascularity in said region:tear:

Bulkboy- Glex and I have started Team Neglect....but I better stop being a goon.

Prizefighter- Thank you for checking out my log:)

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sorry to have fallen out of step with my log....again.....for about the fifth time:duh: I'm on the Glex wagon in that finals have recently thrashed my life (along with happy happy LE as usual), and to top it off I picked up some funky stomach-flu a couple of weeks ago that went into stages. First was the general nausea, followed by me doing my best Linda Blair imitation. I then moved on to the blasting volcano stage, which was promptly followed by the unbelieveably-bollocks-heavy-cold-and-sinus stage. I only get sick about once a year, and I was a little overdue; good thing my body made up for that in fricking spades:disgust:.

I've been out of that huevos-smasher for about four days, and the worst part was the lack of energy for training. I'll toss in some highlights of the last mediocre two weeks, and then I'll toss up Saturday's extremely satisfying Chest/Biceps/Calves session.

-I set a PB in wide grip seated rows with a 300X11
....Now that I think about it, that's about all. Crap:tear:

This was a good session though:linedrunk:

Chest

Flat Dumbbell Presses

75X20(warmup)
100X15
110X16
125X7(Blew it on that last set...but I may as well list this as a PB:hsughr:- I rarely do this lift anyway, but I believe I'll start including it more often)

Dumbbell Pullovers

90X15(working warmup)
110X15
130X13

Incline Barbell Press(Still aiming for stretch and contraction on these - I might start rotating fuller weight sessions soon)

245X15
245X16
245X15
245X10

Cable Crossovers

90X15(working warmup)
130X12

Decline Dips

Me(271)X 15
MeX 12

Calves

Seated Leg Press

385X15(working warmup)
425X15(stack)
425X18
425X16(Haven't trained these for almost two weeks, so four sets was enough)

Biceps

I hadn't trained these for awhile as well. I was pleased with what I was able to accomplish, though.

Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls

25X20(warmup)
50X12
60X10
70X8

Machine Preacher Curls

100X15
120X10
130X7:)disgust:I'll do better next time)

Concentration Curls

40X15
50X12
60X10
40X11(ds....:ugh:)

That was that; done in just under an hour. Tomorrow will likely be a re-introduction quad/hams day, so there won't be much to look at. Regardless, thank you as always for all of your patience, encouragement, and support:2:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very strong presses!!Good to see some updates from you:hsughr:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another (long overdue) update. Sorry to hear about the illness. I guess it's that time of year. Yet STILL you crush more weight than me (and most) in your illness! Congrats on a sterling DB press PB!

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Aw, I have my own wagon :hsughr:

Sorry to hear you got the flu. It's going to take super-AIDS or something for me to get on par with your lifting, though, so work on that :keke:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
man crazy... 130lbs for pullovers? shit.. i become a weird feeling if i do like 75lbs but you just smahed a 130lbs if its like nothing :D

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lionheart- Thank you:) I've tried to balance weight with no-elbow-pain on my presses, and I've been happy with what I've been able to do. As long as I'm not stupid, I avoid pain. Go figure:dunnodude:

Rocky- Thank you:D There are a number of you that soldier on better than me when you're sick, so I definitely still have catching up to do.

Glex- That reminded me of 'Lease' for some reason:49: I'll see what I can do on that, although don't forget you could run me under the table with hardly a second thought:)

Miami- It's one of those innovative lifts that I've truly enjoyed. I guess my strength is relatively good, but I have a ways to go concerning cuts; upward and onward:hsughr:

I had a nice shoulders/back session at around 3am; I'll toss it up a little later today.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alrighty, here we go. I'll likely be doing the same thing workout-time wise tonight, and hopefully it'll be quads and hams. It'll be subpar, but bouncing back always is:disgust:

The last two-thirds of my session were done in Superset format, so I'll just group everything together.

Pullups

BWX10
BWX8
BWX7
BWX8---My strength felt off in these:disgust:

Barbell Military Press

135X15(warmup)
225X15
315X6----:disgust::disgust::disgust:Maybe it was the 3am thing.

Single Arm Rows Superset with Standing Side Laterals

130X15/35X15
150X15/45X15
180X12/50X11
200X9--grip's feeling stronger:hsughr:but I did have a pain in my right pectoral a bit when the weight was hanging:disgust:/60X12

Underhand Cable Rows Superset with Standing Cable Rear Laterals

195X15/60X11
235X15/60X13
270X15(PB:hsughr:)/60X14
300X11(PB:hsughr:)/70X9

That was that, done in just under an hour. It was satisfying but I did feel a little short in a couple of areas. Getting my body used to a constant schedule in the gym will take a bit of tinkering, but it's a start:dunnodude: As always, thank you for your support and views in here guys:)

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Single arm rows 200x9 that's crazy heavy man! Supersets looked brutal. Keep these updates coming bro.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shit, those military presses are awesome and those rows..incredible.Good job there m8!!:hsughr:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
My grandma and my dog ol' blue
AIDS AIDS AIDS!
The pope has got it and so do you!

Holy Moses, I either forgot or didn't realize you could military 315 for reps :skurred:

Way to have some PBs on your bounceback :hsughup:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd hate eric for his unearthly strength if I didn't love him so much. :disgust:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn heavy weight as always :hsughr:
any plans to fight anytime soon?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Barbell Military Press

135X15(warmup)
225X15
315X6----:disgust::disgust::disgust:Maybe it was the 3am thing.

thanks for making me feel so utterly small and weak:tear:

:49:

seriously eric, ure a damn monster, those weights are unreal, and for being a natty?! jesus thats inspiering:xyxthumbs:

keep motivating me by posting sessions like this:xyxthumbs:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for making me feel so utterly small and weak:tear:

:49:

seriously eric, ure a damn monster, those weights are unreal, and for being a natty?! jesus thats inspiering:xyxthumbs:

keep motivating me by posting sessions like this:xyxthumbs:
I agree with everything bulky said:crymeariver:
This is very inspiering..:xyxthumbs:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PF- Thank you:) I'm just glad they transplanted a few of the choice dumbbells to this gym when they gave my previous near-favorite the homo-fitness makeover.

Lionheart- It's taken me awhile to get to a satisfying point in my shoulder presses, but I'm happy with my progress at this point. Thank you for your support:D

Glex- :bowroflarms::bowroflarms::bowroflarms: Lease > Rent. I better be productive in coming back, seeing as how I sucked it up while sick when most of the rest of you just soldier on.

Rocky- :gaygay: I just hope I can keep up with your SLDL's and Romainians:)

Rage- Thank you for hittingmy log again:D I'm giving my body a bit of a rest for the moment, but I'm looking at another fight in February.

Bulkboy- Thank you:) I may be strong, but you've looked far better than me in recent months. I just need to work on your level on conditioning and then I'll be set:xyxthumbs:

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DAMN 315

You got some big numbers there keep up the good work.:tiphat:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vik- Thank you for checking out my log:) I just need to make sure my quantity doesn't outweigh my quality...the heavy-weight n00b syndrome can hit any of us:ughnoes:

Thank you for the continual support in my log guys:D This last session was freaking sweet, and it definitely wouldn't have been so without the rest of you pushing me:hsughr:

Quads

Leg Press

640X30(working warmup-smaller machine at a different gym, so I went for reps)
840X20
940X15
1040X15
1085X12(Burned out with earlier sets:disgust:)

Smith Squats...Sweet merciful crap, where have these been all my life? Most of these will be PB's on account of my not doing them before. These felt amazing, and I plan on making them a staple from now on. :gaygay: to you Rocky for inspiring me to try these out.

135X20(warmup)
225X15
315X15(PB:hsughr:)
405X10:)ugh:...PB:hsughr:)
505X3(PB:hsughr:)...............:hsughr:500 Club X 2:hsughr:

My quads were freaking done at this point. Moving on....

Triceps

Behind the head dumbbell presses

70X15(working warmup)
100X15
110X11
120X10

Tri-Set of :ugh:
Rope Pushdowns/Rope Hammer Curls/Straight Bar Flexor Curls

80X15(warmup) 150X15 150X18
150X10 190X15 150X22
150X11 190X20 150X27

Bench Dips

MeX20
MeX17
MeX14

That was that, and my quads are still aching. It was their break-in workout, and it did feel great. I think I'll bring back a little variety in my log with da n00b/MMA sections again. Thank you again for the support and motivation to take my training to the next level everyone:2: I'll be sure to hit the rest of your logs as soon as I can.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn so many big numbers I wish i was in the 500 club :crymeariver: really imprssve strength there buddy man your going to be feeling that tom.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PBs allover:xmashsughrun3:Kick ass session buddy!!:xyxthumbs: