• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cant wait for the fight update big guy:D and to c some monsterous sessions:D

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
uuuuuuuhhhh looking forward to that as well :D

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Miami - Nice to meet you as well:tiphat:

Bulkboy- You won't see monstrous cuts in here, but I'm still trying to catch up to you in that department:)

Tunen- uhhhhhh, groovy:49: Thank you for hitting my log:hello:

So I'll start by listing out some highlights from the last little bit.....I guess month or two:duh: I've been averaging about three to five sessions a week, and I'm not overly happy with the limited time I've had to allocate in regards to the iron and MMA. Dumb screwed up society:mbgreddy:

Back - Pounded out 250lbs on lat pulldowns for a rep PB of 20, which was freaking groovy. I've also upped the ante on my t-bars to 400lbs for a set of eight, which I'm also pretty dang happy about.

Shoulders - I'm back to hitting 315lbs for mid range reps (6-7) on my barbell military presses:hsughr:

Chest - Hit decline 315lbs for a rep best of 13 the other week:hsughr:

Biceps/triceps - Nothing huge and new, but I'll strive to brutalize these in inventive and memorable ways in the coming weeks.

Calves - Upping the weight and variety; they're feeling good, but I'm getting ready to make them feel worse.

I'm going to post my last quads/hams workout in its entirety, as I'm quite pleased with what I was able to accomplish:

Quads

Leg Press

680X20(warmup)
1020X15
1200X15
1290X15(these hurt)
1425X9(PB:hsughr:)....YEAH BUDDY!!!! I had to squeeze tens on the edge of the collars and lay a 25lb plate on the back of the foot plate to get this, and it felt wonderfully awful. Little dizzy too:xmascrunk:

Single Leg Presses

480X15
370X17(ds)
260X23(ds)...and freaking crispy

Hack Squats(machine)

225X15
315X15
405X16...these were also awful.

Quad Raises superset w/single leg reaises

170X15/70X13(working warmup)
290X11/130X10

Hamstrings

Lying Leg Curls

140X15(warmup)
200X17
200X16
200X19(PB on reps:hsughr:)

Standing Single Leg Reverse Curls

60X15
100X8(slowwwww)
100X11(controlled, but a little quicker)

I was spent, but extremely satisfied after this session. I know I have a ways to go to catch up with a lot of you, but I was pleased nonetheless with what I was able to accomplish. Today will be back and possibly forearms (or chest); depends on how bad the freaking rush is. Until then, thank you again for all your support:D

Edit-oops, forgot about da bout. I'll toss that update in later tonight or early tomorrow.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Christ you're strong :no: 1425lbs leg-presses is unreal.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
knight_rider- Thank you for stopping by in my log:tiphat:

So here's my latest contest recap; happened the first saturday of November.

It was at a venue held in Salt Lake; my aformentioned buddy brought a couple of his students along to compete as well. The promoter/organizer was a bit of an unknown to me(word of mouth kind of stuff), but everything looked fine when we all arrived. The three of us that were fighting shared a warm-up room, so it was nice to be able to get focused with a bit of team mentality; it's been awhile since I've had that.

With an hour to go, some guy came into our room to explain the rules for the bouts. There was nothing unusual or new from what we had been told before, so it all seemed to be a go. My friend's students both competed before me, and seeing as how there wasn't any means to watch anything in the back, I hopped onto the corner team for each of them. It was fun to help out in that way, and they both did great. First walked away with the duke via triangle four minutes into the third, and the second racked up an impressive TKO in the first.

I wasn't the last fight on the card, but I still had some time between their fights and my own. Getting warmed up with a couple of guys fresh off immediate wins really made me miss being part of a team; I'm seriously considering joining up with my buddy's outfit straight out. Soon my time was up, so I walked my personal Green Mile to the ring.

Music was good, the crowd was amped, and I was calm but ready in the middle of it all; I straight up love that feeling. My opponent made his way to the ring, and he looked ready as well; sweet:D I'd done my homework (or as much as can be done with an untelevised fighter, at any rate) so I was feeling prepared; he was a banger that loved to try and work in ground and pound. His ground game was reputed to be fairly dull though, so I felt that taking it to the deck would be a nice advantage for me. There was something I didn't know about this guy though, and in hindsight it almost cost me big.

Introductions were made, and the bell was rung. He started out more tenative than I thought he would, but I was willing to trade light shots at first. I started cutting corners; this seemed to make him nervous, so he started looking for a bomb. I danced back and shot in, rinse and repeat. I landed a few decent shots to his noggin without eating anything substantial in return, but it wasn't really getting me anywhere.

So I thought I'd try some low kicks. I switched to a southpaw stance and started shooting my right leg in hard and quick, utilizing a shuffle/slide step to economize my motion and keep me on his outer angles. I caught him with a nice shot on the underside of his lead leg that buckled him for a moment; by the time I tried to capitalize, he'd already recovered though.

So's here's where's I made a bad move; I threw a kick at his left side, falsely believeing that the damage I'd done beforehand would slow him down. He caught my leg, whereupon I realized that I was the one actually slowing down; I'd done the lion's share of the work so far in the fight, but it was dipping in my tanks a little. Catching my slower kick, he proceeded to bum rush me to the ground.

I immediately pulled guard and extended my hips, forcing him back into almost a seated position. Now this burns a lot of energy and is usually a panic defense, but I hoped he'd get impatient with his inability to obtain an ideal position for GnP; thankfully enough he did before I used too much of my reserves. He bucked his hips and tried to stand; the ideal result from a move like this is to fold your opponent into breaking his guard, whereupon you can descend with a big strike that really hurts [yeah, it does]. I thankfully had the presence of mind to release my guard as he was on his way up, so when he threw his weight into his punch it put him off balance in a bad way.

He swung/fell with his right arm leading, so I arched my hips and opened my legs wide. Thankfully, he didn't crush my nuts; I was able to contour my right leg along the left side of his neck and secure a nice little triangle. He started thrashing around though, so it was a scramble for me to utilize my left leg into keeping the choke.

It's at this time that I hear the one minute scream, and apparently he did too. He plants his feet, puts his arms over my hips, and makes ready to pick me up for a slam. I thought to go for a leg to anchor me down, but I wan't able to get anything in time. He hoisted me, but only made it about halfway up. It basically turned into almost a horizontal dive, which really wasn't all that bad in retrospect. I whacked the back of my head, but I didn't think it was much at the time.

He was fumbling post landing, and I still had him in a now-loose triangle, so I decided to try something. I'd never tried this before, but I knew time was ticking so I gave it a go. I released the triangle and pulled my right leg closer to my chest [popping it over his head and settling it across his throat in the process], grabbed the back of his head with both of my hands while squeezing in with my still-across-his-back left leg, and gave it a go. This is called a gogoplata, and it's a seriously funky/wierd foot choke. I didn't know if I still had enough in me at this point to make it count, but being in that triangle had apparently taken more out of my opponent; he tapped before the bell rang, although I still have no freaking clue how long I had him in it.

Official Result : Submission via Gogoplata at 4:47 of the First Round.

It was a great fight, and I'd actually taken more of a knock on my head than I'd realized on that fall; I had a knot forming as I headed to the back. So I'm soaking up the pain-laced endorphins with my buddies post-win when the promoter comes in looking a little peeved. He immediately starts laying into me, going off about my disregard for the rules and how he's sick of seeing people like me. I'm frankly at a loss here, so I asked him [quite politely, I might add] what the problem was.

He proceeds to tell me that I took the duke with an illegal choke, ergo it will be ruled a no-contest. I took immediate [but civil] exception to this and informed him that there was never an ixnay on foot chokes printed or verbally given to me at any time during my preperation for this contest. He asks me who gave me my pre-fight instructions; after I told him he left for a few, then came back with the guy in tow. He asked the dude whether he'd told me that foot chokes were illegal [for the record, the only real foot choke in plausible existence is the gogoplata, so this whole thing was stinking to me]. The guy paused, looked around, and did the right thing; he explained that he hadn't because he'd never been told the rule himself. The promoter was pissed at this point, and after looking around for a second, he walked out. Things were just weird (and ruined) at that point, so the four of us left.

I did a little digging and it turns out that the promoter is the owner of a gym in the area, and the guy I beat was one of his fighters. So the dude is miffed that his student lost, thought he had swing as a promoter, and tried to lie me into a no-contest with a ridiculous premise. Juvenile:no:

So this puts me at 20-1, which doesn't feel too shabby at all. I'm actually looking into competing in an outfit called the UCE, Utah based with TV coverage. It coiuld be really cool, so we'll see what happens. I personally predict that I'll get destroyed by someone who's a real fighter, but I'll train for a win all the same.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tunen- Thank you:) I need to push weight like that around if I want my long stinking legs to look anything like yours did in contest shape:xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well finally you are back in the logs, anbd as ever it is an inspiring read - both the training and fight aspects. Congrats once again on another deserved victory. And once more your strength is freakish in the most extreme manner imaginable. I simply can't comprehend the sight of the monstrous weights you insist on hoisting up as if they are nothin. Shaming my every exercise by quadrupling the amount of weight I use and performing rep after rep!
Awe inspiring.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome fight E, too bad the promotor was a fag and couldn't take a loss of his little bitch fighter like a man....20-1 that is just sick bro something to be real proud about :tiphat::hsughr:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd really like to hear the story of how you had that one lose in detail big E :D

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
amazing workout, that leg pressing is off the freaking chain!!!:D love that fight story too, reallly well written, and im glad u pulled off another victory:D keep inspiering us mere mortals big man!;)

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
loving the fight stories, you could probably be a fight journo one day lol..........awesome workouts too....post some pics!

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky- As always, thank you:D My oversized cranium can't comprehend math in anything but an embarrrasing manner so I guess my strength had to balance the equation, as it were.

Turkish- As do you, he who rows 405:xyxthumbs:

Chesti- Thank you for bringing that up; I'd actually truly enjoy putting that to words. I've never taken the opportunity to do it before, but my loss to date has meant more to me than any of my wins; in a good way though, which makes it even cooler. It'll be coming up in the next couple of days.

Bulkboy- I always appreciate your support in here, BB:)

KR- Thank you very much; I'm glad my grammatical efforts make my experiences an enjoyable read. I tossed up a back shot months ago, but nothing since. I'll have to get around to that.

I have a back/chest and quads session to post up, but seeing as how I'm in on my work comp, I better keep this short and sweet for now. Thank you again for all the views and support:D

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great fight story man. Impressive move to throw in 30 secs before the bell! Congrats on your win :2:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wtf? 1425lbs for 9 reps is insane! you are comming from hell dude :ughnoes:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Impressive leg workout bro, those Leg Presses and Hacks are sick! Also awesome fight stories, should we be looking out for you in the UFC soon? :D
Keep up the awesome work.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tunen- Thank you:) I'm just glad it worked, otherwise I'd have been SOL.

MR- It felt that way...which is why I did more on my last session:duh:

Braaq- Thank you very much:D UFC is a (distant) dream; those guys are dedicated in unreal ways. TV in Utah maybe, but I'm not near the level I'd need to be to compete on the big stage.

Alrighty, I'll throw up my last couple of sessions; Chest/back, and a 35 minute quad blitz.

Back

Bodyweight Pullups(274)

MeX9
MeX12
MeX10

Barbell Rows(overhand)

135X20(warmup)
315X15
335X8(grip:disgust:)
225X11(ds)

One Arm Dumbbell Row[Praise all that's holy, they imported a couple of the heavies from my former favorite gym; I'll need to start a thread about that sad refit in the main section:tear:]

(Same reps each side)
150X10
180X12
200X8(PB on reps:hsughr:)

Pullover Machine(Think Dorian Yates; I've ALWAYS wanted to try one of these, and this gym just received one.)

140X15(warmup)
200X15(I'm a little bummed that it isn't a plate loaded machine, so the stack's as high as it'll go)
200X15
200X17(Might as well count this as a PB:hsughr:)

Chest
Now I didn't superset the two, but the pump was still intense from pairing them one after the other.

Decline Barbell Press

135X20(warmup)
315X14(PB on reps:hsughr:)
315X9
225X10(ds)

Incline Barbell Press - I'm going to back off the big weight on these for awhile and really focus on the stretch and range of motion.

135X15(warmup)
225X15
225X18
225X13

Cable Crossovers

100X15(working warmup)
120X11
130X11

Decline Dips

MeX12
MeX8
MeX10

That was that, and it felt great. I was stoked to finally, after six years, use a pullover machine; the pump it created was wicked. I was a little dissapointed with how my grip went out on my rows, but that was a small bump on an otherwise satisfying road.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here's my 35 minute quad death session. It felt amazing, but I was a little bummed that I was so pressed for time.

Quads

Leg Press

680X15(warmup)
1020X15
1200X15
1290X14
1435X10(PB:hsughr:)

Single Leg Presses

680X9
500X15(ds)
410X18(ds)
300X22(ds)

Standing Lunges(just done right and left alternating in a bear rack; these were awfully wonderful)

135X15
135X15
135X17:)ugh:)

Quad Extensions Superset w/single ext.

230X11/110X10
290X12/150X9

As always, thank you for your views and support:) Today will be...something. I'm tossing around a possible shoulders and triceps/calves/hams, so we'll see.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see you posting regular and bringing something truly shocking with regard to mightiness to the table.
Presses are rather splendid and as ever the leg session makes me believe your thighs to be larger than my chest! Hitting PB's time and time again on such an astronomical weight on leg press is risible in it's awesomeness.