• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eric's Log - "About Dang Time"

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn this sucks, hope u feel better soon

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn seperation that sucks, and you still got PB's wtf you are just insane bro

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry to hear about ur injury big guy, hope u get better soon and come back here to show us all how to train:D

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey those last two workouts look pretty tough man
you got more strength than most of us members here haha
keep it up boi!

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey buddy where are ya, you owe me a bicep workout!

Awesome result in the fight too mate, some how feels more of an achievement when you don't dominate from start to finish, seems to feel better in the mini-war situation lol.:xyxthumbs:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First off, let me apologize. No real excuses for my recent bout of inactivity, but I'm truly sorry for not supporting the rest of you in your logs and just contributing to the Mecca as a whole. Quick update-

Ribs are healed up, and I actually had another exhibition-style MMA bout two weeks ago(I'll detail that later). Training for that coupled with work and recovery itself is what's derailed me lately, but as I said before, no excuses are implied. My workouts are proceeding well enough; I'll toss up my last two. Quads have been the slowest to come back, but I'm quite happy with my session on 'em today; the stress they placed on me tummy-bones made it so that area of training was neglected for obvious reasons.

Thank you all very much for your well-wishes and support. Having my butt in a sling twice in one year has been infuriating, but I feel stronger now than I was yesterday, and I'm not as strong as I'll be tomorrow. I can live with that:dunnodude: Thank you for your (hopeful) forgiveness in leaving and coming back so often this year as well. I've been around since '05 and the BBD; I never like walking away from the community here. The roundabout approach stops here though-I'm sick of being a goon.

Pumba, this one's for you:xyxthumbs:

Biceps

Cambered Bar Curls

95X15(warmup)
115X15
135X15
155X9

Single Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curls

50X15(working warmup)
65X10
70X9

Concentration Curls

40X15(biceps were freaking crispy, hence the lighter weights here; pump was amazing though)
45X12
50X13

Standing Double Arm Cable Curls

65X15
90X12
80X10(ds)

Forearms

Standing Dual Hammer Curls

50X15(working warmup)
70X12
80X10

Behind the Back Olympic Bar Wrist Curls

135X15
175X15(PB:hsughr:)
225X13(PB:hsughr:)

Traps

Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs(Smith)

225X15(warmup)
315X15
405X15
455X13(PB:hsughr:)
495X9(PB:hsughr:)

Calves

Donkey Calf Raises

200X15(working warmup)
400X12
500X13(PB:hsughr:)
500X15(PB on reps:hsughr:)

And that was that. I've been hitting my forearms like weeds every three days or so; these dang monkey arms will grow:disgust: Same approach will be taken for my biceps. Thank you again guys for your support and motivation; quads and my last MMA bout will be thrown up after I get back from work. Stinking grave:no:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn I'll think nyour arms will grown when your shifting weight like that around.

Good to see you back here again and hope you are able to post more. Your sessions remind us all how puny we are! :)

Glad things are going well buddy!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AND HE'S BACK!!!:D

what can i say, amazing volume, amazing weights, just overall incredible work as always, hope ull be around for awhile, reading ur log is great motivation:)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
glad to see u back big e, "About Dang Time", haha, also glad to see that everything is coming together nicely with your recovery and hitting hte gym hard....still looking strong like a dam gorilla brother 70's on the DB preacher curls and 2 PB's on the shrugs!!!! keep up the hard work brother u are a dam animal

btw:::: what do u think about that new season of the Ulimate Fighter????? i watched the season premiere wednesday night and i think it has potential to be a good season.....

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky- Thank you:) Puny nothing though; there are some genuine beasts around here, yourself definitely included.

Bulkboy- Thank you very much:D I have some work to do in order to catch up with the rest of you again though.

Turkish- Coming from a fellow true animal, compliments like those are definite motivation for me:xyxthumbs:

As far as TUF6 goes, I see it being fairly polarized as far as the coaches go. Hughes was portrayed as the token dick on TUF2, but so would nearly anyone when stacked up against Rich Franklin:)

This time around, I see Serra taking center stage as the semi-antagonist. I doubt that's the way he and/or Dana really thought it would go, but his strange hatred of Hughes is going to bring that out in him. Although he's such an over-stereotypical New Yorker that said result was probably inevitable. I see him pushing his team hard to one up Hughes, and I feel that'll probably make them sick of him to a degree. Serra can be cool, but I think pairing him opposite of Hughes will make him anything but.

That's just what I've surmised from the first episode. Hughes is slightly/fairly crazy/jocktastic, but Serra can be a tiresome uber-dick if he's not careful. The fact that his hatred of the farmer stems from Matt's demolition of Royce Gracie makes even less sense, or more so in a certain light---Royce talked a huge amount of crap before that fight, exactly as Serra is doing now. Huh:dunnodude: Birds of a feather, I guess.

I feel he can give Matt a serious run for his money, but I'm unsure if he can actually beat him, team-wise or in their upcoming title bout. Hughes won't be able to lay-and-pray with Serra as he did with Lytle, but I doubt he'll show up with that in mind.

On a side note, it looks like we'll have even more douchebags team wise this season that we did with the Lightweights. Are they doing this on purpose?

That overly-long spiel being said, I like both fighters equally well. I look forward to seeing how the season plays out, but I feel Hughes is the superior coach; I just don't really see Serra's clouded judgement serving him in beating Matt on the show. Be sure to hang out in the Sports Section though, as either I or CC will likely start an official TUF6 thread in the next couple of days.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alrighty, here are the quads from yesterday. I'll hopefully get out for some chest and triceps later on today, but we'll have to see.

As I said before, quads were the slowest to come along as a result of the pressure the training itself placed on my rib cage. That being said, I was extremely pleased with this session. Not really long, but it was chock full of sweet, sweet butt-and-leg-cramping quality.

Quads

Leg Press

660X22(working warmup)
840X15
1020X15
1200X15
1290X13
1380X11(I was FREAKING happy with these, but they still made me feel like I was opposite Michael Ironsides in Scanners)

Single Leg Press(Same reps each leg)

710X7(PB:hsughr:)
480X15
390X23

Quad Extensions superset w/single leg extensions

170X15/70X15(warmup)
250X15/110X11
290X13/170X7(PB:hsughr:)-Made sure my form was extra tight on these;absolutely no pain other than in the good 'ol target area-come a long way since my scope:Badger:

That was that. I was seriously spent, ergo the average volume this time out. I've been getting away from the 20-24 set range lately on larger bodyparts and focused more on around 16 with improved intensity and variety; we'll see if it pays off, but I feel pretty good about it.

Thank you again for all of your support in here guys. I honestly break my sticking points because of the Mecca:2:

MMA write up tomorrow or so.
Spoiler- 1st round submission...but on who?:spy:

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Love the arm session mate, awesome stuff, I bet the pump was nearly skin tearing.

My guess is you submitted Sakuraba in the first round.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YOU'RE A LIAR! Please tell me you are lying about the weigh you are shiftin on legs! Please.

For the love of God it defies the laws of physics!!!! Incredible.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just amazing leg work big man:D those leg presses are just beyond what i thought was possible, one of these days ull be repping out 2000 lbs leg presses like ronnie does:D

cant wait to hear how that fight went...

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pumba- You're the one that's pushed me to take my bi's much more seriously; thank you for that, you crazy beast. Although if I were to find myself in the same ring as Sakuraba, he'd destroy me in about eleven seconds. I'd be too paralyzed with hero worship to do anything:bowhay:

Rocky- :49:It's really not that much; Future and RobRoy(wish they were still around) would smoke my work easily, and Turkish is right there with me as well. All and the same, I'm grateful for how well my leg's healed.

Bulkboy- I can't find a machine that'll go higher than the 14-plates-and-change that my preferred does, and with the sorrounding gyms having complete wuss remodels my chances of finding one aren't likely to improve. I can always work on my form, as quality will always kick my butt as surely as quantity ever could. Ronnie's unreal though; I'd see my jupiter-sized cranium popping right off if I tried to hang with his work weights:zangief:

THank you again for the views and comments guys; they truly keep me going:) I'll toss up my workout from yesterday, then my fight recap and today's session after I get back from work tonight.

Chest

Decline Barbell Press

135X25(warmup)
315X10(PB on reps:hsughr:-finally got that 10th:))
315X7
275X8(ds)
225X9(ds)

Dumbbell Pullovers

90X15(working warmup)
110X15
125X11

Seated Hammer Strength Chest Press

225X15(working warmup)
315X15
405X9

Cable Crossovers

100X15(working warmup)
150X7(too heavy-haven't done these for a couple of months)
120X10

Incline Barbell Press-My chest was completely fried at this point, but I decided to not neglect my upper pecs. These HURT....and were a little embarassing.

225X10
225X9
225X11

Triceps

Rope Pushdowns

100X15(warmup)
150X12
150X15

French Press

115X15
115X16

Standing Dual Kickbacks

50X15(working warmup)
70X12
80X13

Bench Dips

MeX17
MeX14

That was that, and it was done in about 54mins. I was pleased with the pace and intensity, even though my inclines were almost a little too humbling:keke: All and the same, it was truly satisfying.

I do need to start up my n00b of the day section too....which I'll include tonight.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn man. That was a LOT of work to get done in that timeframe! Congrats on busting through to get 10 at that almighty weight and there's nothing embarassing about that incline weight regardless of the fact you'd already toasted them with all the other chest work prior to it! Strong tris too - there's a surprise! :)

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just amazing work there bud, those presses are amazing!!! and ure unhappy with ur incline bb press cuz u only got 11 reps after all that other work:( i could maybe do 2-3 reps with 225 and only if it was in the beginning of my workout:crymeariver:

:angrydude:

:gaygay: