• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Erik Fankhouser 185 Barbell curl

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
btw there is a exercise called cheat curls

H

helix

That sure was a great set of cheat curls!

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok why doesnt everyone just stop trying to correct pros on their training, they are PROS, im sure they know their body and know what works for them, stop fuckin hating

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok why doesnt everyone just stop trying to correct pros on their training, they are PROS, im sure they know their body and know what works for them, stop fuckin hating

thats not training, thats just ego showing, and its quite misleading for all those beginners and fans who try to emulate his "hero"

anyways, his body, his rules, whatever he wants to curl

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats not training, thats just ego showing, and its quite misleading for all those beginners and fans who try to emulate his "hero"

anyways, his body, his rules, whatever he wants to curl

Then if you don't mind, compare your physique to his in the Muscle Kombat section.

Everyone grows upon a different stimulus. This is not over generalized, it's a fact. As simple as a barbell curl, which is probably the most simplistic exercise in the training world. One might find a higher strain on their biceps when slightly cheating, while one might find complete isolation works best. His form didn't seem too ridiculous that he'd be at peak for an injury.

:wutyousay: just don't feel his form was so terrible that he would be discredited for it. I'm sure it works for him otherwise I doubt we'd see him doing it.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His form is great for that much weight.

How do you guys know he doesn't do several easy light sets then one supa heavy set? As long as he's getting sets with better reps in, there's nothing wrong at all with this set.

As for "small biceps," probably bad genetics.

i agree with you flex on the comment regarding his form with that much weight,

anyone can curl 185 with that much body movement

we will be waiting for a video from you then, :tiphat:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Then if you don't mind, compare your physique to his in the Muscle Kombat section.

Everyone grows upon a different stimulus. This is not over generalized, it's a fact. As simple as a barbell curl, which is probably the most simplistic exercise in the training world. One might find a higher strain on their biceps when slightly cheating, while one might find complete isolation works best. His form didn't seem too ridiculous that he'd be at peak for an injury.

:wutyousay: just don't feel his form was so terrible that he would be discredited for it. I'm sure it works for him otherwise I doubt we'd see him doing it.

great post KM:xyxthumbs:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah... what was the need for the straps on that???

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm tired of seeing people "correct" pro's on their form on the internet. Everyone has different form, just because it looks it wouldn't work does not mean it isn't.

Seems like a good amount of people on the internet expect everyone to have perfect form and squat 800 pounds.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks bro, appreciate it

asking a natural to compare to a "dedicated bdder" is one of the most used, cheap and poor arguments ever seen in bbding boards to prove that you and your defended guy are right

but oh well, u got some back padding so everything is cool

now lets all curl 13213123 lb, and after that heavy set we will hit our chest king kong style to prove our machoNESS, maybe that could attract some females too after such an heroic deed

NO.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
asking a natural to compare to a "dedicated bdder" is one of the most used, cheap and poor arguments ever seen in bbding boards to prove that you and your defended guy are right

If you read the entire post I made, you'd realize my argument wasn't poor.

The fact that he's on pharmaceuticals and you're not, I really could care less about. Criticizing him, saying "that's not training" must mean that you yourself have mastered the training principles and details. That said, you must have a more impressive physique then Frankhouser, as they go hand in hand.

Not calling you out, nor do I actually care what you look like, just making point.

Cheat curls aren't a strongly advised exercise, but it's definitely not one that won't work for some people > like I stated in my original post.

I'm tired of seeing people "correct" pro's on their form on the internet. Everyone has different form, just because it looks it wouldn't work does not mean it isn't.

Seems like a good amount of people on the internet expect everyone to have perfect form and squat 800 pounds.

Good post, I agree. In addition, I'm sure his biceps aren't his best not because he doesn't know the "form"...but genetics. The insertion points are probably smaller and it takes time for him to make them grow.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
btw there is a exercise called cheat curls

Well not really, it's a intensity technique used to push past muscular failure. You don't start doing cheat curls right away, you do 6 or so reps and then you do "cheat" curls to push past failure.

And also, i'm not knocking the guy, i actually like him. I'm just sure that he would get better results if he lowered the weight a bit and kept his form good instead of using a bit of momemtum to do each rep. Maybe not having that bit of momemtum in the exercise could help him build better biceps.