• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Foods to Avoid on a Diet?

<3Frosty

But a Double Quarter-Pounder gets a pass? Im completely lost.... :p

high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll make this thread simple.

-Nothing too high in calories unless you're on a refeed
-Avoid saturated fats and especially trans
-Avoid foods that cause too large of an insulin secretion
-Try to substitute poly fats for mono if you can
-Avoid as much sugar as possible, but alittle in the morning and post/during your workout is fine

/close thread

Couldn't have said it any better. :tiphat:

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what about sodium rich foods... lately I have been adding a 1-2 tbs of salsa, garlic, Cayenne pepper and tobasco sauce to my egg whites. There is only 5 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup of salsa but 870 mg of sodium.

What do you guys think of lean ground beef that has been rinsed and strained, I currently use it for my last meal along with Broccoli

Teiki

Teiki

what about sodium rich foods... lately I have been adding a 1-2 tbs of salsa, garlic, Cayenne pepper and tobasco sauce to my egg whites. There is only 5 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup of salsa but 870 mg of sodium.

What do you guys think of lean ground beef that has been rinsed and strained, I currently use it for my last meal along with Broccoli

I personally don't pay attention to Sodium.

I'm strongly in favor of rinsed lean ground beef (I use 96%)

T

<3Frosty

Sodium content is something i track for two reasons.

First, from what i understand, it has a tendency to raise blood pressure.

Second, it causes water retention. This add water weight that is unnecessary for your body to carry around.

I try to keep sodium content throughout the day at a low, but i dont care if every now and then i have alot of sodium. With 1 tbs of salsa, i doubt its a high amount of sodium. I bet your tobasco sauce has more in the amount u use.

U

umegghiu973

wat about egg whites though arent they good for breakfast on a diet?

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
their good any time! :linedrunk:

<3Frosty

Id say egg white and whole eggs as well. There is a bit of controversy with yolk, but the majority of the research i have seen seems to suggest there is more benefit than harm.

W

wickedgrip

I would say high processed foods, hey are basically filling foods, your body cant use the nutrients.

S

SRUDWARF

Id say egg white and whole eggs as well. There is a bit of controversy with yolk, but the majority of the research i have seen seems to suggest there is more benefit than harm.

is that why alot of the golden age bber's downed 12-36 eggs a day (arnold/franco/gironda)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you should avoid foods with a lot of calories.Fast foods should not be a choice for you, you just need to stop eating them.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Simple/'bad' carbs, for sure. Complex/'good' carbs are fine in moderation & have a bad rap, nutrition-wise. You need them for energy & size.

jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
Interested stuff

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I mostly avoid all forms of junk foods including chips and all fried food. I love traditionally prepared meals they leave me feeling so energetic.

luri

luri

Banned
What kind of foods to avoid depends on the kind of diet you are trying. For example, if you are trying a raw diet, you will have to avoid cereals, if you are on a vegan diet, you will have to avoid all kinds of animal-based foods. If you are on the keto diet, you will have to limit carbs, eat moderate protein, and eat more fats. If you are following an alkaline diet, you will have to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For those who are losing weight the thing to avoid is too much carb because that gives the bulge. But for one who is building the muscle I guess carb is needed for the energy likewise with the protein and to avoid too much cholesterol. I am not a pro but I know that diet is important when you are building muscles. I once had met 2 body builders who eat twice as the food on my plate. They said they need more food for the muscle build up.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Stick with the good carbs and none after your last meal of the day.

loveofbodybuilding

loveofbodybuilding

Foods that make one put on weight that are not muscle builders should be avoided such as fats and sugars.

ashfitness365

ashfitness365

These are the foods which you should avoid while deiting:

French Fries and Potato Chips. Whole potatoes are healthy and filling, but french fries and potato chips are not. ...
Sugary Drinks. ...
White Bread. ...
Candy Bars. ...
Most Fruit Juices. ...
Pastries, Cookies and Cakes. ...
Some Types of Alcohol (Especially Beer) ...
Ice Cream.

ashfitness365

ashfitness365

There are a few, including:

French Fries and Potato Chips. Whole potatoes are healthy and filling, but french fries and potato chips are not. ...
Sugary Drinks. ...
White Bread. ...
Candy Bars. ...
Most Fruit Juices. ...
Pastries, Cookies, and Cakes. ...
Some Types of Alcohol (Especially Beer) ...
Ice Cream.

If you want to find out more then read health-related books.

Last edited by a moderator: