• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Frank McGrath new photos

Cookie monster

Cookie monster

seems like those animal pak ads lie. Depression and self-loathing are nowhere near the emotions displayed here lol! get em Wrath!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49:

anaimalll-1.jpg

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its a personel opinion of my that if you want to make it to the top ranks, most daily activites must stop, like partying and going out to chill.
his forearms dont look particularly special

I agree with the first sentence....

however, care to rethink the second one??

l_217dfe92e00fd42d8edbef9d794ebc3c-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seems like those animal pak ads lie. Depression and self-loathing are nowhere near the emotions displayed here lol! get em Wrath!

Animal Pak has always been a load of shit in terms of its advertising.

Ooooo we are hardcore because we lift weights :talkhand: It's pure bullshit marketing to sell supplements to kids.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Animal Pak has always been a load of shit in terms of its advertising.

Ooooo we are hardcore because we lift weights :talkhand: It's pure bullshit marketing to sell supplements to kids.

all the companies are loads of shit in terms of their advertising. muscletech being the king. you just take exception because you yourself believe you are hardcore and think someone who trains in a gym and may be swayed by these ads doesn't deserve to think the same about themselves. who cares?

i'm suprised you take more exception to these ads rather than MT's. there so full of bullshit claims and science they burn your eyes. i would think the scientist in you would be more indignant rather than the "hardcore" in you would be.

and one more thing, what in the hell in these photos makes this guy a guido? his ed hardy t shirt? please. it's common understanding that 90% of guys who wear ed hardy are douchebags, but being a guido is different. he has a buzzed head, is chilling with one other guy who is also clearly a bber, and is wearing jeans and a freaking t shirt while hanging out with some girls while clearly on vacation. ya.....total guido :jerkoff1:

you guys talk way too much shit.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
all the companies are loads of shit in terms of their advertising. muscletech being the king. you just take exception because you yourself believe you are hardcore and think someone who trains in a gym and may be swayed by these ads doesn't deserve to think the same about themselves. who cares?

i'm suprised you take more exception to these ads rather than MT's. there so full of bullshit claims and science they burn your eyes. i would think the scientist in you would be more indignant rather than the "hardcore" in you would be.

Calm blue ocean :bitelip:

Marketing is about creating an image or philosophy for the consumer to identify with. MuscleTech markets based on the big claims (300%) and implied science. I have already posted a thread on this in the supplement section where I posted the only published science there is on their proteins. So yes MT annoys me, but I have already pointed out the fraudulent claims they make. Do they sell bad supplements; not necessarily, in fact their choc Nitrotech is actually pretty tasty.

The image that Animal Pak has tried to create is on the other end. They are trying to make themselves out to be these dungeon warriors who feast on pain and sacrifice. That annoys me because their poster boys train and work in modern plush facilities, yet the photo shoots are done in some rusty basement gym. Not just hypocritical but down right deceitfull. This is sold to kids as being the reason to take these supps, that they too can live in pain and get huge. This is going to do more harm than good because the image they sell actually encourages bad practices.

I am unappollogetic about my stance on training in a gym not being hardcore. But I never claimed that I am hardcore, nor did I say that you can't be hardcore lifting in a gym (and I have argued these points before, at least once with you, so start listening.) My point is that lifting weights, training at a gym, having all the special lifting gear, etc, does not make you hardcore. If it did my arthritic grandmother is hardcore. People need to get this macho tough guy image out of their heads and realise how full of themselves they are. There is nothing special about lifting weights. What is special is the way you approach it.

The biggest, strongest, toughest, most hardcore guy I have ever met never lifted a dumbbell or barbell in his life. Never set foot inside a gym. Has no idea what a PWO shake is. He worked. The rest of us pretend.

madakira

madakira

and one more thing, what in the hell in these photos makes this guy a guido? his ed hardy t shirt? please. it's common understanding that 90% of guys who wear ed hardy are douchebags, but being a guido is different. he has a buzzed head, is chilling with one other guy who is also clearly a bber, and is wearing jeans and a freaking t shirt while hanging out with some girls while clearly on vacation. ya.....total guido :jerkoff1:

you guys talk way too much shit.

:thumbsup2: I guess you are not really considered a body builder around here unless you wear M.C. Hammer sweat pants, a tank top, and a fanny pack wherever you go. Oh, and you have to train 24 hours a day and carry chicken breasts, and shakes with you everywhere you go:umwtf:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Calm blue ocean :bitelip:

Marketing is about creating an image or philosophy for the consumer to identify with. MuscleTech markets based on the big claims (300%) and implied science. I have already posted a thread on this in the supplement section where I posted the only published science there is on their proteins. So yes MT annoys me, but I have already pointed out the fraudulent claims they make. Do they sell bad supplements; not necessarily, in fact their choc Nitrotech is actually pretty tasty.

The image that Animal Pak has tried to create is on the other end. They are trying to make themselves out to be these dungeon warriors who feast on pain and sacrifice. That annoys me because their poster boys train and work in modern plush facilities, yet the photo shoots are done in some rusty basement gym. Not just hypocritical but down right deceitfull. This is sold to kids as being the reason to take these supps, that they too can live in pain and get huge. This is going to do more harm than good because the image they sell actually encourages bad practices.

I am unappollogetic about my stance on training in a gym not being hardcore. But I never claimed that I am hardcore, nor did I say that you can't be hardcore lifting in a gym (and I have argued these points before, at least once with you, so start listening.) My point is that lifting weights, training at a gym, having all the special lifting gear, etc, does not make you hardcore. If it did my arthritic grandmother is hardcore. People need to get this macho tough guy image out of their heads and realise how full of themselves they are. There is nothing special about lifting weights. What is special is the way you approach it.

The biggest, strongest, toughest, most hardcore guy I have ever met never lifted a dumbbell or barbell in his life. Never set foot inside a gym. Has no idea what a PWO shake is. He worked. The rest of us pretend.

ya, we have had a similar discussion on this before, and i did listen. what you described in your last paragraph isn't a hardcore lifter, that's just a badass. hardcore speaks of your dedication to the sport (and that applies to any sport and the level of commitment you bring to it), your lack of deviation from your meals, your all out intensity in the gym, that's what hardcore is.

did i say using a bunch of lifting equipment made you hardcore? i must have missed that. but someone who dedicates their time and commitment to achieving a physical goal no matter what the time, effort, or cost is hardcore. and you can find the abundance of these people at your local gym! you just have to sort through the posers.

and one more thing. ya, the ficticious gym these ads allude to are deceitful. know why? it's because most gyms like them have gone under. there's not enough "hardcore" people out there to make them profitable. so instead i and many others have to train alongside annoying people who take up the equipment you need to accomplish their non existent goals while being asked at the same time "how much do you bench?" you think the abundance of bber's like that? please. if more gyms like the one in the ad existed, you can sure as hell bet who they'd be filled up with.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The image that Animal Pak has tried to create is on the other end. They are trying to make themselves out to be these dungeon warriors who feast on pain and sacrifice. That annoys me because their poster boys train and work in modern plush facilities, yet the photo shoots are done in some rusty basement gym. Not just hypocritical but down right deceitfull. This is sold to kids as being the reason to take these supps, that they too can live in pain and get huge. This is going to do more harm than good because the image they sell actually encourages bad practices..

gotta disagree... I dont think any (many) take these ads literally. However, the goal, and in many cases what they do, is motivate people. "Wrath" is a marketing character. These ads aren't going to make people want to go to their local scrapyard and toss around rusty metal until they get tetanus from bacterial infections, but they might make someone want to go to their normal gym and do an extra rep or two on their breathing squats.

edit: motivate people being the secondary goal, to selling supplements, naturally.

ruel

ruel

these guys are like normal peoples.. they want to enjoy life.. so after lifting heavy ass weighs and suffering body pains from hours of workout.... time to have a break!

we also doing these when we find ourself lack of motivition in the gym,,,

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality said:
ya, we have had a similar discussion on this before, and i did listen. what you described in your last paragraph isn't a hardcore lifter, that's just a badass. hardcore speaks of your dedication to the sport (and that applies to any sport and the level of commitment you bring to it), your lack of deviation from your meals, your all out intensity in the gym, that's what hardcore is.

did i say using a bunch of lifting equipment made you hardcore? i must have missed that. but someone who dedicates their time and commitment to achieving a physical goal no matter what the time, effort, or cost is hardcore. and you can find the abundance of these people at your local gym! you just have to sort through the posers.

and one more thing. ya, the ficticious gym these ads allude to are deceitful. know why? it's because most gyms like them have gone under. there's not enough "hardcore" people out there to make them profitable. so instead i and many others have to train alongside annoying people who take up the equipment you need to accomplish their non existent goals while being asked at the same time "how much do you bench?" you think the abundance of bber's like that? please. if more gyms like the one in the ad existed, you can sure as hell bet who they'd be filled up with.
We're on the same page finally.

Just stop with the false attributions.
gotta disagree... I dont think any (many) take these ads literally. However, the goal, and in many cases what they do, is motivate people. "Wrath" is a marketing character. These ads aren't going to make people want to go to their local scrapyard and toss around rusty metal until they get tetanus from bacterial infections, but they might make someone want to go to their normal gym and do an extra rep or two on their breathing squats.

Yes most people will just be a bit motivated. My problem with them came from the description of one of them tearing his quad while squatting in one of their ads. They stated it not as the terrible set back, or horrendous injury, but merely the consequence of training hard. Almost as if to say that it is ok to fuck your body up. We have enough ignorance in the fitness and BBing industry already, propegating it doesn't help.

But I do agree that any rational and intelligent person is not going to fall for marketing. But someone must be swayed, because they keep marketing to the consumer. My concern is for the younger me/you/someone that wasn't quite so wise and ends their training/career before it begins.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
this thread turned out to have some serious discussion.

who would tell?

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Marketing is about creating an image or philosophy for the consumer to identify with.

Actually marketing is not supossed to be like that, but sadly its what we all aim for.

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks kinda small compared to before.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks kinda small compared to before.

I'm actually thinking that Universal (Animal Pak) is happy with Frank the way he is built now because pretty much every kid who would buy their products has his look as their "dream physique." Don't get me wrong, I think they would certainly be happy if he climbed the ranks, so long though as he still keeps his streamlined build.