• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'd suggest you work on your glute strength (GMs, pullthroughs, etc) it looks like your glute lockout is the problem. Good effort though!

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Till: I figured the popo had something to do with it :hide:

Hypo: Not so much, like I said, I failed right after that.

Freako: I agree. That could be all the running because typically I don't have problems locking out; I usually don't hitch up on my quads like in the video (31 seconds) unless I'm going to fail. In fact, that is how I failed on my next attempt of 425; I wish I'd saved the video now.

That's kind of weird because I've always felt like my hamstrings were decently strong when doing isolation movements, but thinking back that's gotta be one of my limiters on deadlift. Line used to make fun of me because when he gets the barbell off the floor more than a few inches he knows he's going to finish. Good observation, thanks Freako! :2:

Alright, off to lift and swim, as long as it doesn't thunderstorm.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good strenght bro! 405 is not easy with your bw. keep pushing hard and you will pop these 425 like cake :)

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong dead man! keep pumpin the iron hard bro!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why do you run, Till?

I've never recorded any of my deadlifts so I decided to do one for you; here's 405 lbs:

Not great but not terrible; my back got a little round but it felt alright. I failed 425 right after that :tear: I ran 10 miles yesterday and I'm still cutting so I guess I'll excuse myself for that. Still, :disgust:

I think my PB is 435 or 425 bare-handed...can't remember.

Pull looked easy, although I think you really need to work on a neutral spine before adding more weight.