• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
I'd suggest you work on your glute strength (GMs, pullthroughs, etc) it looks like your glute lockout is the problem. Good effort though!
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Till: I figured the popo had something to do with it :hide:

Hypo: Not so much, like I said, I failed right after that.

Freako: I agree. That could be all the running because typically I don't have problems locking out; I usually don't hitch up on my quads like in the video (31 seconds) unless I'm going to fail. In fact, that is how I failed on my next attempt of 425; I wish I'd saved the video now.

That's kind of weird because I've always felt like my hamstrings were decently strong when doing isolation movements, but thinking back that's gotta be one of my limiters on deadlift. Line used to make fun of me because when he gets the barbell off the floor more than a few inches he knows he's going to finish. Good observation, thanks Freako! :2:

Alright, off to lift and swim, as long as it doesn't thunderstorm.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
good strenght bro! 405 is not easy with your bw. keep pushing hard and you will pop these 425 like cake :)
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Strong dead man! keep pumpin the iron hard bro!
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Why do you run, Till?

I've never recorded any of my deadlifts so I decided to do one for you; here's 405 lbs:





Not great but not terrible; my back got a little round but it felt alright. I failed 425 right after that :tear: I ran 10 miles yesterday and I'm still cutting so I guess I'll excuse myself for that. Still, :disgust:

I think my PB is 435 or 425 bare-handed...can't remember.

Pull looked easy, although I think you really need to work on a neutral spine before adding more weight.
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top