• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

God caused Katrina because of sin

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i actually read about 90% of that serb and it was very informative. nothing contradicts itself, and it is chock full of analogies to better help illustrate your point. good read

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Hey Serb, if I don`t believe in God, but lead a great life in which I help others, and actually turn out to be a better person than your average theist, will I be banished from heaven ?
that doesn't make sense.

if you don't believe in god, why would you believe in heaven?

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that doesn't make sense.

Maybe he's just hedging his bets?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that doesn't make sense.

he's asking a theoretical question to serb (someone who believes in God and heaven) what his opinion is on it. he doesn't say he believes or doesn't believe in God or heaven, he's merely asking what would happen to him from Serb's religious perspective. makes sense.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
he's asking a theoretical question to serb (someone who believes in God and heaven) what his opinion is on it. he doesn't say he believes or doesn't believe in God or heaven, he's merely asking what would happen to him from Serb's religious perspective. makes sense.
I understood the intent of his question. I was just pointing out that you can't have one without the other.

Do you know why I will never get to see Santa Claus's workshop in the North Pole?

....because Santa doesn't exist.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understood the intent of his question. I was just pointing out that you can't have one without the other.

Do you know why I will never get to see Santa Claus's workshop in the North Pole?

....because Santa doesn't exist.

obviously. but this question is fielded at Serb. from a christian standpoint, what would happen? clearly someone who doesn't believe in God doesn't believe in heaven. but that doesn't mean christianity doesn't have a viewpoint on it. Say an atheist doesn't believe in God or heaven, but leads a good life. would he go to heaven from a christian standpoint? legit question.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
obviously. but this question is fielded at Serb. from a christian standpoint, what would happen? clearly someone who doesn't believe in God doesn't believe in heaven. but that doesn't mean christianity doesn't have a viewpoint on it. Say an atheist doesn't believe in God or heaven, but leads a good life. would he go to heaven from a christian standpoint? legit question.
oh. well in that case, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

To get into heaven, I think you have to accept Christ as your savior and repent for your sins.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Serb, if I don`t believe in God, but lead a great life in which I help others, and actually turn out to be a better person than your average theist, will I be banished from heaven ?

yes.. i can assure you 100% that no matter what life your lead, the end result "without Jesus" will be hell. wanna know why?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isnt there a limit to how many become saved and enter heaven?
my bro went to Private school all the way up to 12th grade
said like less than 4% of the earths population would be accepted.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh. well in that case, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

To get into heaven, I think you have to accept Christ as your savior and repent for your sins.

correct..

God demands perfection! since the fall of man we have been totally depraved of our "good" nature.. key word "good", many people say that we were made perfect but that is not the case, when God finished his work he states that everything is good, not perfect.. with that being said, Gods intention even in the first day of creation was for HIM to do the WORK and obtain all the Glory for salvation, good works will get you nowhere, the bible claims that "your" so called good works as filthy rags for God..

But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

thats why God himself came down to earth and was born of a sinners womb and walked a perfect path, this is the only way one can be heard or even thought of as being "good" in God's eyes, its through his work but our faith.. does this make any sense to you?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
correct..

God demands perfection! since the fall of man we have been totally depraved of our "good" nature.. key word "good", many people say that we were made perfect but that is not the case, when God finished his work he states that everything is good, not perfect.. with that being said, Gods intention even in the first day of creation was for HIM to do the WORK and obtain all the Glory for salvation, good works will get you nowhere, the bible claims that "your" so called good works as filthy rags for God..

But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

thats why God himself came down to earth and was born of a sinners womb and walked a perfect path, this is the only way one can be heard or even thought of as being "good" in God's eyes, its through his work but our faith.. does this make any sense to you?

it makes sense, but it's highly, highly unrealistic. i mean who gets into heaven then? As long as you accept God and lead a good life (the golden rule will never steer you wrong) you should be viewed as a person worthy of heaven. my mother is very religious as well and has a similar line of thought.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality is going to hell.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
This guy's up there with the "God hates fags" dude from Westboro Baptist Church. I'm an atheist to the core but I don't hate religion. I see that it means well and has a purpose, especially in early history before the development of science and as a way of a moral code. But fucks likes these who twist it into something horrible deserver to burn, not in hell though, live television would be better.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i actually read about 90% of that serb and it was very informative. nothing contradicts itself, and it is chock full of analogies to better help illustrate your point. good read

Eh, it was an epic copy and paste ( http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/8449/comp1.html )

Which pretty well illustrates my problem with typical Christianity, in that its people blindly follow certain principles instead of thinking for themselves and coming to their own conclusions.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Just wondering... is God going to be coming down to earth again anytime soon?? Because I was going to have a bunch of people over tomorrow night to watch the Lakers game, it'd be cool if he decided to come. :dunnodude:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde

very well said.

i usually stay out of religious debates because i only get fired up and allways end up getting mad and say stupid things.

but i gotta say that the video was quite disturbing. that some poeple still think like that i have to say worries me a bit.