• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

God caused Katrina because of sin

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love these relgion threads, because everyone starts debating these fairy tales. Everyone acts like they are right when there is too much that contradicts in religion for one person to be right.

:49:

Dude if u think the bible contradicts itself you are interpreting it horribly wrong first off. You are in no position education wise to read the bible correctly if u see contradictions. Religion/theology can be studied for a life time just like anything else and not be fully understood. So for a NOOB like yourself to think u can comprehend it is laughable. Thats like a first grader walking into an advanced physics class and saying it doesnt make sense so it must be wrong. :49:

U think u can understand something as complex as religion by reading a few biased reviews from someone who doesnt have the comprehension to review theological documents and says they contradict themseves. I say that you have more faith than I do. :49:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like proof of evolution that is not inside a species. Please tell me how a fish can after millions of years become a donkey. How can a monkey turn into a person?
We didn't evolve from monkeys, we evolved from a common ancestor we share with apes.

About 7 million years ago a species of ape-like creature became divided into two populations (possibly by a physical barrier such as the African Rift Valley, possibly by a behavioural or social change such as early bipedalism). This resulted in two groups of the same species which did not interbreed - in effect two species. Each species underwent evolutionary change along different paths due to the different conditions they encountered and the differences in their respective gene pools. One group evolved into humans and the other evolved into modern-day apes.

Apes, monkeys and humans are still evolving today (for example the average height of a human is much greater than it was 500 years ago). Apes and monkeys will not evolve into humans unless they are subjected to the exact same conditions that selected for human evolution originally AND they carry the exact same genes and undergo the exact same gene mutations that early humans did (humans have 46 chromosomes whilst apes have 48 so the same mutation would be required on that level at the very least). The chances of evolution re-running itself to create a new set of humans at any time in the future is incredibly remote although a human-like descendant may possibly evolve in millions of years time if natural selection causes that path out of all the many possible routes.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49:

Dude if u think the bible contradicts itself you are interpreting it horribly wrong first off. You are in no position education wise to read the bible correctly if u see contradictions. Religion/theology can be studied for a life time just like anything else and not be fully understood. So for a NOOB like yourself to think u can comprehend it is laughable. Thats like a first grader walking into an advanced physics class and saying it doesnt make sense so it must be wrong. :49:

U think u can understand something as complex as religion by reading a few biased reviews from someone who doesnt have the comprehension to review theological documents and says they contradict themseves. I say that you have more faith than I do. :49:
This was a very immature post Bigben, even for you.

Ironslave has posted contradictions from the bible hundreds of times, I recommend you quit being a sleeping zombie, open your eyes, and listen to one other person that doesn't always repeat the words "Jesus is our lord our savior!!!!"

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We didn't evolve from monkeys, we evolved from a common ancestor we share with apes.

Flex thats a great theory but where is the proof? Where are the bones?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex thats a great theory but where is the proof? Where are the bones?
There is no proof, but it sounds more realistic then some all powerful dude in the clouds that was bored one day, so he decided to create the earth in six days.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This was a very immature post Bigben, even for you.

Ironslave has posted contradictions from the bible hundreds of times, I recommend you quit being a sleeping zombie, open your eyes, and listen to one other person that doesn't always repeat the words "Jesus is our lord our savior!!!!"

Thats the point i took time to explain them and give him answers to them. Logical answers based off of the same book he claimed contained the contradictions. Its really can not be any more fair than that can it. Justifying contradictions with the same book IS claimed had them. Look back i answered one of his threads. He keeps asking the same questions.

I do not know where heaven is? i do not know where hell and purgatory are? I have faith that they are real. I do not know how Mary became pregnant, other than "by the power of The Holy Spirit." I have faith that this happened.

I CHOOSE to believe! I have my own reasons and my own experiences for why i believe. I am not a fool. I will say this again only to give credit to my reasoning faculties. I score genius on every IQ test i have taken. my score ranges from 134-142. Regardless of the test, state issued, PHD certified, ect ect. I understand. That's the single point i am making by stating what i j did. So to say i blindly follow something is insulting.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is no proof, but it sounds more realistic then some all powerful dude in the clouds that was bored one day, so he decided to create the earth in six days.

so u have faith in evolution?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I score genius on every IQ test i have taken. my score ranges from 134-142. Regardless of the test, state issued, PHD certified, ect ect.
CongraDulations.

:keke:

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They have them in many science and history museums... :e5dunno:

Cmon we both know thats not true.

Braaq, who/what is your prime mover? What started the entire process? Their must be some energy to start the entire evolutionary process, or some "prime mover" in the universe. And for that matter i want to know where that energy came from? How did that energy come about?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CongraDulations.

:keke:

Your confusion knowledge with intelligence. I made the incorrect "habit" of spelling that word wrong and have done nothing to change it.:tiphat:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats your right, and i never condemn you for it. Are you condemning me for it?

Well, not condemning for it, per say, but I do think blind acceptance of Christianity is silly, when there are clearly major holes in it which just aren't possible whatsoever. For example, you've made no effort to address how Mary got pregnant, where heaven/hell are, or the numerous biblical contradictions about Jesus and his word.

Hmm thats a tuffy. You know ironslave im not really sure mabye you should pray for the anwser to that question too, in the same manner your mocking me in. :xyxthumbs: Thanks bro, always nice to hear your hatred and discriminating remarks. Way to back the constitution like your buddy ron paul bc u clearly believe mocking people that believe in it and their own rights. :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:COngradulations Your Hypocrite!:xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

Didn't the bible say though that if I pray for it, it WILL happen? I'm just using an outrageous example to illustrate an outrageous statement in the bible.

I'm not a hypocrite at all bro, it's your right to think as you will, and you have the right to speak it. But that doesn't mean I can't debate and disagree with it. I don't think I mocked you, just some typical Christian beliefs which are just silly.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just wondering... is God going to be coming down to earth again anytime soon?? Because I was going to have a bunch of people over tomorrow night to watch the Lakers game, it'd be cool if he decided to come. :dunnodude:

for as smart as you are and as much respect i have for you on these boards, you are very out of line here. your outright mockery of bigben's, serb's, mine and many others religion is not only insulting but childish. your question of where geographically heaven is is not getting a response because it does not warrant one. this is a matter of faith. not everything can be proved with science and just because it seems impossible does not meen it is as such. heaven is based on the premise that when your soul leaves this earth, it is judged by God. it is not a tangible place in this lifetime.

seriously your better than this.

and what your doing IS mockery, don't reword it otherwise.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your confusion knowledge with intelligence. I made the incorrect "habit" of spelling that word wrong and have done nothing to change it.:tiphat:
Actually, I was just being a dick.

Listen Ben, I have no problem with someone saying "I'm not sure how to answer that question, but that's what I believe." It's when someone says "No, you're wrong because God said this and this and that," acting like you were there to witness his words.

Have you ever played the game where you whisper something to one child and he passes it to another through about twenty other kids? Then you see what the final child comes out with, which is almost never what the first child said. Think of it like that, only thousands of years later. Nobody has all the facts about Christianity, you're going by other people's words; So don't act like you do.

Come to think of it, I could of had a lot of fun with that game.

"pssssssssst, hey Flex...I love teddy bears"

"pssssssssst, hey Mary...Big black cock"

*Mary runs out of the room screaming*

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cmon we both know thats not true.

Braaq, who/what is your prime mover? What started the entire process? Their must be some energy to start the entire evolutionary process, or some "prime mover" in the universe. And for that matter i want to know where that energy came from? How did that energy come about?

I know it is true, I did fantastic in my Evolutionary Biology class :coolguy:

There is no "energy" required, evolution is a species evolving to the environmental surroundings it is in. Which is why there are genetic differences of the same animals on different continents, that is what spurred the whole evolution revolution when Charles Darwin came across the Galapagos islands.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, not condemning for it, per say, but I do think blind acceptance of Christianity is silly, when there are clearly major holes in it which just aren't possible whatsoever. For example, you've made no effort to address how Mary got pregnant, where heaven/hell are, or the numerous biblical contradictions about Jesus and his word.

I actually did answer all of those things in a previous post look back on page 7 i think it was when i replied and quoted Flex.

Didn't the bible say though that if I pray for it, it WILL happen? I'm just using an outrageous example to illustrate an outrageous statement in the bible.

If you pray through Jesus, and it is Gods will then it will happen. But i don't see how that matters to you anyways seeing to it that you can not have faith in God because your eyes are blinded by your understanding of how someone has classified God's creation. Is it possible that God wants hard proof of your belief in Him? Otherwise anyone could pray to God and abuse and use it. So what if God answered your prayer and manifested Himself into a physical form, ate pizza with you, and watched the game. What problems might that cause? What are the consequences? I dont know the anwser to any of those questions i just asked.

I'm not a hypocrite at all bro, it's your right to think as you will, and you have the right to speak it. But that doesn't mean I can't debate and disagree with it. I don't think I mocked you, just some typical Christian beliefs which are just silly.

What are your beliefs?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so u have faith in evolution?

I wouldn't say I have faith in it, but it appears to be the most intelligent retrospect.

Although unlikely, I believe in the possibility of a higher power.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know it is true, I did fantastic in my Evolutionary Biology class :coolguy:

There is no "energy" required, evolution is a species evolving to the environmental surroundings it is in. Which is why there are genetic differences of the same animals on different continents, that is what spurred the whole evolution revolution when Charles Darwin came across the Galapagos islands.

That is evolution WITHIN species, i didnt say that didnt exsist. i said i want to see evolution of one species into an entirely diffenrent species. For example a monkey turning into a human being.

What im saying is that if you do not believe in God you have no other option other than to believe in another theory for the beginning of the universe, and how everything was created.

In this case you must acknowledge a prime mover. Who/ what is it?