• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Hafþór Júlíus "Thor" Björnsson Bio, Updates and Pics

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
Here's The Bjornsson at 19!

"Young, proud and extremely motivated dad that had big dreams! His biggest motivation factor was and still is his daughter!! When I was 19 years old I got the news I was becoming a dad... my life was a complete roller coaster but once I had my daughter in my arms I completely fell in love. I was motivated to be better each day and work very hard to achieve my goals. I am so thankful for my daughter and every goal that I have reached since then. Looking forward to adding the newest family member and continuing to smash my goals out of the park! #FamilyFirst"

4221ed40b5ca361f8b1f08300cb9d30c-1.jpg


Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Anyone want to try to box Thor? I'll pass.
SmartSelect 20200528 085454 Instagram

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Strongest man in the world?
1594741725366

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Beast.
Thor Thor1

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
I know they try to hype so much that fight between him and Eddie Hall for next year, but now with Hafthor retiring completely from strongman, it will be interesting to see what he can achieve in boxing in only 1 year.
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Thor Bjornsson with his new baby. Congrats!


Thor Baby

I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
The Mountain @thorbjornsson showing off his trimmed down physique en route to his big fight with @eddiehallwsm later this year


136677605_10158097864952677_610220860826-1.jpg
 
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
10,063
Points
138
Thor looking as lean and fit as we’ve ever seen him in this latest physique update weighing in at 155kgs / 342 lbs

183987293_4294515583916481_2234009650151-1.jpg
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
4,324
Points
83
Thor looking as lean and fit as we’ve ever seen him in this latest physique update weighing in at 155kgs / 342 lbs

183987293_4294515583916481_2234009650151-1.jpg

Thor is a monster. Imagine being called lean and fit at almost 350lbs!
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
Thor of even more ripped and cut now!

63f1c92b87e63c4285cf5d7aa057a07e-1.jpg


Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Check out a thin and ripped Thor!

1640715607683
 
  • Like
Reactions: ArnoldS
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
Have you guys heard about Thor's pec tear?

Thor Pec Tear


This is the video showing it happening. My heart goes out to Thor. This is a serious injury and very painful.



I guess he had surgery yesterday and is in recovery now.

 
  • Like
Reactions: ArnoldS
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
4,324
Points
83

The Phenomenal Journey of Hafthor Bjornsson: Mastering the Elephant Bar Deadlift THOS is back!​

Hafthor Bjornsson's Impressive Return to Strength Sports​

Hafthor Bjornsson, a name synonymous with strength and power, has recently made headlines with his awe-inspiring return to the world of strongman competitions. The Icelandic powerhouse, known for his remarkable feats in strength sports, has once again set the bar high by mastering the elephant bar deadlift, a cornerstone event in strongman competitions.

The Elephant Bar Deadlift: A Unique Challenge​

The elephant bar deadlift stands out due to its unique equipment and the sheer strength required to master it. The elephant bar, significantly longer than a standard barbell, introduces an additional challenge due to its increased flex and the altered mechanics of the lift. This variation demands not only immense power but also exceptional technique and mental fortitude.



Bjornsson's Journey: From Recovery to Triumph​

Hafthor Bjornsson's journey to reclaiming his strength is nothing short of remarkable. Following a major pectoral injury, his path to recovery and his return to peak performance is a testament to his resilience and dedication. Weighing in at a leaner 176 kilograms (388 pounds), down from his previous 208 kilograms (458.6 pounds), Bjornsson has strategically adjusted his training and diet to optimize his performance.

Training Insights: The Secret Behind His Success​

Bjornsson's training regimen, focused on balancing raw strength with agility and endurance, showcases his holistic approach to strength sports. His dedication to mastering the elephant bar deadlift involves rigorous training sessions, which are a blend of heavy lifting, technical refinement, and recovery protocols.


Upcoming Competitions: A Look Ahead​

As Bjornsson gears up for his next major appearances, including the 2024 Arnold Strongman Classic, the Arnold Strongman Classic UK, and the Rogue Invitational, the strongman community eagerly awaits his performances. His goals, ambitious yet within reach, speak to his unrelenting spirit and desire to push the boundaries of what is possible in strength sports.

Conclusion: Celebrating Strength and Determination​

Hafthor Bjornsson's comeback and mastery of the elephant bar deadlift are not just about physical strength; they are a celebration of human potential, resilience, and the relentless pursuit of excellence. As he continues to inspire and amaze, his journey stands as a beacon of what can be achieved with hard work, dedication, and an unyielding spirit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tkD and ArnoldS
Hafthor Bjornsson

Hafthor Bjornsson

Member
Author
Joined
Feb 21, 2025
Messages
16
Points
1

HAFTHOR BJORNSSON'S INSANE 440KG SQUAT SESSION + GRIP STRENGTH TESTING​


World's Strongest Man legend Hafthor Bjornsson delivers another jaw-dropping training session at his iconic Thor's Power Gym in Iceland, preparing for the upcoming Rogue Invitational with massive squats and grip strength records.

Training Highlights​

Safety Bar Squats - 440KG (970lbs)​

The Mountain worked up to a crushing 440kg safety bar squat, demonstrating the raw power that made him a strongman legend. This marks his heaviest squat in recent training as he prepares for competition just 5 weeks out from Rogue Invitational.

Record-Breaking Grip Strength​

New Personal Records Set:
  • Right Hand Grip: 102.1kg
  • Left Hand Grip: 106.4kg (NEW RECORD!)
  • Force Plate Testing: 7,290 newtons peak vertical force (equivalent to holding 700kg!)
Sports scientist Milos Petraich from the University of Iceland brought professional force measurement equipment to test Thor's incredible strength metrics. The results were off the charts - literally breaking equipment records.

Complete Workout Breakdown​

Lower Body Powerhouse:
  • Safety Bar Squats: 250kg x 5 reps (2 sets)
  • Leg Press: 500kg x 15 reps (2 sets)
  • Sled Push/Pull combinations
Grip & Posterior Chain:
  • Behind-the-back axle holds: 111.5kg x 30 seconds
  • Various grip strength challenges

2-Minute Plank Challenge​

Thor completed an impressive 2-minute plank hold, showcasing his core strength despite weighing over 200kg. This kind of endurance at his size demonstrates the complete athleticism required for strongman competition.

Rogue Invitational Prep​

At just 5 weeks out from the prestigious Rogue Invitational, Thor is in phenomenal shape. He mentions being in the "best shape of his life" in terms of overall strength, though he's frustrated that event details haven't been announced yet.

Competition Lineup includes:
  • Mitch Hooper
  • Tom Stoltman
  • Rain O'Neal
  • AM Singleton
  • Lucas Hatton
This will be Thor's first time competing against Rain O'Neal, adding extra excitement to an already stacked field.

Behind the Scenes​

The stream captured authentic gym culture at Thor's Power Gym, including:
  • Live interaction with fans on both YouTube and Twitch
  • Spontaneous grip strength competitions with training partner Stefan
  • Discussion of Thor's YouTube growth (approaching 1 million subscribers)
  • Plans for his son Storm's birthday party

Recovery & Health Update​

Thor discussed his previous Bell's Palsy diagnosis from 2017, providing insight into how stress can impact even elite athletes. His openness about health challenges while maintaining peak performance shows the mental toughness required at the highest level.

Training Philosophy​

"You either die a legend and suffer through all your life, or you live a normal life. There's nothing normal about you, bro. I don't want to be normal. I want to be different."

This quote encapsulates Thor's approach to training and life - constantly pushing boundaries that most would consider impossible.

Watch the full training session to see why Hafthor Bjornsson remains one of the most dominant forces in strength sports, even years after his competitive retirement. This is the content that built a legend.
 
Top