• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

helo guys..pls comment my routines

dputra

dputra

helo guys.....pls comment my routine...so i can improve more...thanks..

height : 167cm
weight : 69kg

current target : bulking;need more bigger muscle...

workout routine :

mon : chest ; tricep
Barbell Bench Press
Barbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbell pullover
CloseGrip Bench Press + Incline Bench Press
Bench Dip
Skull Crusher
Tri pushdown

cardio 10-20min

Tue : Back ; Bicep
Bent over Barbell Row
Dumbell Row
Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown
Seated Cable Row
Deadlift
Cable PullDown
Barbell Curl

Wed : Cardio 20min
Abs
Forearm

Thu : Shoulder
Dumbell Shoulder press
Side Lateral raise
Dumbell Raise
Traps

Cardio 10-20min / abs

Fri : Leg / calves
Squat
Leg Entension
Leg Curl

abs

Sat / Sun : Rest @ cardio

...every routine, i do 4 sets..set1 15reps,set2 12reps/fail, set3 10reps/fail, set4 6-8reps/fail....i add weight for every set...

thanks....:tiphat:

p/s: i try to get more info about superset & hit training....so anybody can help me....thanks again...

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I'm not mistaken your doing 3 sets till failure..? Going to failure has it's place but it is not neccisary to do it every workout, especially if you do progressive overload, since going to failure is not requiered to produce hypertrophy.
As for getting information about HIT training I would strongly recommend to do a search for other training protocols.

Imo you would be better of using a trainings protocol which trained each bodypart more frequent for example FB or UB/LB.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I'm not mistaken your doing 3 sets till failure..? Going to failure has it's place but it is not neccisary to do it every workout, especially if you do progressive overload, since going to failure is not requiered to produce hypertrophy.
As for getting information about HIT training I would strongly recommend to do a search for other training protocols.

Imo you would be better of using a trainings protocol which trained each bodypart more frequent for example FB or UB/LB.

Agreed.

dputra

dputra

..thanks guys...

what do you mean by ..."Imo you would be better of using a trainings protocol which trained each bodypart more frequent for example FB or UB/LB."

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FB= Full body

UB = Upper body

LB = lower body

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo makes a good suggestion.

Also you look as though you are doing far too many sets per bodypart. In doing the split as suggested you would need to cut down on bodyparts or the sessions would take too long, you'd burn out and wouldn't make the gains you are looking for.
3-4 exercises per large body part (i.e. back), and 2-3 for smaller bodyparts is more than enough. Don't train to failure every set (or indeed every workout and exercise) and rather than pyramid up the weight choose a main weight to use for your 2-3 main sets per exercise after doing a couple of warm ups at 50-75% of your main set.

dputra

dputra

Philo makes a good suggestion.

Also you look as though you are doing far too many sets per bodypart. In doing the split as suggested you would need to cut down on bodyparts or the sessions would take too long, you'd burn out and wouldn't make the gains you are looking for.
3-4 exercises per large body part (i.e. back), and 2-3 for smaller bodyparts is more than enough. Don't train to failure every set (or indeed every workout and exercise) and rather than pyramid up the weight choose a main weight to use for your 2-3 main sets per exercise after doing a couple of warm ups at 50-75% of your main set.

ok..thanks guys....great info for me..:xyxthumbs:

now i'll try to plan new exercise....i'll post my new wo....so u guys can review,whatever its ok or not....thanks again....

tunen & rocky..nice body...!!

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're welcome :49:

And thanks. Nice to see someone actually receptive of advice for a change :2: Post up your new plan and we'll critique it.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

for back days I would advise doing deadlifts first since it is a multi joint lift

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well said Rocky/Philo.

First, like said above, I would put your multi-joint compounds as your core lift, deadlift. Others are also compound, but strength output is not as high on accessory back exercises. I also don't think you need that many rows in your back workout, reduce it by 1-2 I'd say.

Second, I wouldn't put shoulders and traps after back. The traps run down your spine as well as along your neck/shoulders (upper and lower fibers) and gets hit when doing rows and when doing the occasional shrug. It is also worked secondary on your pulldowns. Just a suggestion.

>12 reps increases muscle endurance, so you could lower that. But it's up to you, and how your body responds to certain stimuli's.

Everything looks solid bud, let us know how it goes!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^^^^ not trying to pick a fight but I believe there is no set number of reps that due a certain thing.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, there is.

Certain rep ranges and rest intervals increase a certain aspect of the muscle cell. These ranges result in two types of hypertrophy, the myofibril and sacroplasm.

For the myofibril: utilizing a load of 75-85% of ones 1rm (about 5-7 reps) and a work to rest ratio of at least 3 or 4:1 (consider an average set of 5-7 reps taking about 20-40 seconds, depending on the exercise) the resulting adaptation is larger and more numerous myofibrils. This also accounts for the greater strength gains when training in such a rep range versus that of a higher one.

Sacroplasmic: utilizing a load of 65-75% of ones 1rm, or about 8-12 reps and a work to rest ratio of 1:2 (considering an average set lasting 30-45 seconds) does not allow for full recovery between sets and results in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, as the cell tries to increase the necessary machinery in order to "keep up" with such work.

Certain factors matter, but you're generally wrong.

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i believe in time under tension not a certain number of rep ranges.. However a number may fall in the time period that such muscle cell development happens. But to say 12 is a magical number that increases "MUSCLE ENDURANCE" I feel is not correct. Also what is muscle endurance isn't that like saying you want to "TONE UP"???

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Again, generally speaking. I was giving the average number, due to recent studies. This largely involves ATP, as well. Clearly, you're argument is false if you feel muscle endurance and musculature vascularity is the same thing.

Now, muscle endurance is simply when the muscle performs contracts for a long period of time against a given load, generally lower. Is this what you think is muscle definition? I think not.

Enhancing muscle endurance occurs with higher rep ranges, can be anywhere from 10-25. The number be it as it may, 15 reps on a particular movement can only be done with a lighter load. The number is different for everyone.

dputra

dputra

helo guys.....thanks for great comment
base from the comment, i already change my routine.....pls comment about it..

workout routine :

mon : chest ; tricep
Barbell Bench Press
Barbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbell pullover

tricep:
Bench Dip
Skull Crusher
Tri pushdown

cardio 10-20min

Tue : Shoulder
Dumbell Shoulder press
Side Lateral raise
Dumbell Raise
Traps

Wed : Cardio 20min
Abs
Forearm

Thu : Back ; Bicep
Bent over Barbell Row
Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown
Seated Cable Row
Deadlift

Bicep:
Barbell Curl
dumbell Concentration Curls
dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl

Cardio 10-20min / abs

Fri : Leg / calves
Squat
Leg Entension
Leg Curl

abs

Sat / Sun : Rest @ cardio

thanks guys....:tiphat:

dputra

dputra

Well said Rocky/Philo.

First, like said above, I would put your multi-joint compounds as your core lift, deadlift. Others are also compound, but strength output is not as high on accessory back exercises. I also don't think you need that many rows in your back workout, reduce it by 1-2 I'd say.

Second, I wouldn't put shoulders and traps after back. The traps run down your spine as well as along your neck/shoulders (upper and lower fibers) and gets hit when doing rows and when doing the occasional shrug. It is also worked secondary on your pulldowns. Just a suggestion.

>12 reps increases muscle endurance, so you could lower that. But it's up to you, and how your body responds to certain stimuli's.

Everything looks solid bud, let us know how it goes!

thanks...so where i should put the shrug?

now..i change my workout..reduce routine for back..and switch day for shoulder and back....is it ok?

thanks again...:tiphat:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends.

You can either but shrugs on, from what you have, on your back or shoulder day. For complete back development, shrugging is essential. So this is why I think it should be done on a back day. Rowing movements hit the middle and lower fibers, the larger portion of the trapezius.

The choice is yours. I wouldn't switch your days, those look fine. Edit exercises.

dputra

dputra

It depends.

You can either but shrugs on, from what you have, on your back or shoulder day. For complete back development, shrugging is essential. So this is why I think it should be done on a back day. Rowing movements hit the middle and lower fibers, the larger portion of the trapezius.

The choice is yours. I wouldn't switch your days, those look fine. Edit exercises.

thanks .....