• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help building routine for Beginner

C

Cbell

Well I'm not a true beginner, but a beginner to setting up my own routine. I have done bench/squats/etc before, so I'm not truly new to lifting. But this was over 4 years ago and I wasn't 100% dedicated to it. I want to change that.

Guess I'm just sort of looking to see what is out there. From what I gathered when starting out, it's best to do a full body workout 3 times a week, with compound exercises.

Anyone have a general outline or links you think I could look at to get a good idea of what to do? Like how many exercises/sets/reps would you say? Any help appreciated.

Also, since it's been a while, I would still experience beginner gains wouldn't I?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
firstly... outline what your goals are. do you want to get big, fit, or just stay healthy?

C

Cbell

More towards getting fit than getting big, but certainly would like to put on some muscle/get stronger.

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For getting fit Crossfit.com has some interesting stuff that people really seem to like.