• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help with routine.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am wondering what's the most "mass building" routine out there. So far I have read it is the two split, upper body and lower body. Can anyone tell me if that's true ? I know everything works differently for everybody, but I want to make changes in my training and see if that will help me grow :3

Can anyone also explain why it does build more muscle ? And also, post an example of a two split. Rocky has been telling me for a long time to do a two split, just yesterday I tried it with a friend just for the lulz, and it felt really good. I didn't blast each bodypart as hard as before, but they all still feel worked and sore. Maybe I was overtraining before ?

Thank you very much for any answers !!!!!!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
It all depends on your body man. Give it a go... it may work it may not.

The upper/lower split helps a lot of people gain more mass because yuo are essentially training everything twice a week... which means more broken muscle fibres.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Upper/lower twice a week gives you 2 chances to build muscle and by combining several different body parts into one session, it can increase test and growth hormone production (stick to compounds as the building blocks of your routine, of course).

Typically muscles take about 36-48 hours to recover, so training each part twice a week lends nicely to this schedule. Obviously you'll be doing fewer sets than a one day per body part split, but it makes up for it with the frequency and increased hormone production.

Push/pull and full body routines follow these same principles.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys !! Now could anyone rate my split routine ?

Day 1

6 sets of Pullover:
2 sets with 60 kg - 12 reps each
2 sets with 70 kg - 10 reps each
2 sets with 80 kg - 8 reps each

3 sets of deadlifts:
1 set with 50 kg - 12 reps
1 set with 70 kg - 10 reps
1 set with 90 kg - 8 reps

3 sets dumbbell rows:
1 set with 30 kg - 12 reps
1 set with 40 kg - 10 reps
1 set with 50 kg - 8 reps

Then I would do chest

Bench Press (same thing, 3 sets, 12-10-8 reps increasing weight)
Incline dumbbell press (same thing)
Decline press (same thing)
Dips (bodyweight depending upon how tired I am, if I have it in me with added weight, 3 sets, as much reps as I can)

Day 2

Legs, same thing as before

Squats.
Leg Press.
Calves.
(Should I do butt ?)
Etc...

How does that sound ? Overtraining ? I'll be keeping the workout under 1,30 hours.

And one "Bonus" day each week I'll do arms. Just to keep them looking good.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Maybe deads in with the lower body to balance up the program.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too many sets per exercise imo. Pyramidding up the weight is a bit of a waste of energy when after a couple of warm ups you will be ready to go straight into main weight.
Also with the chest exercises either get rid of the decline bench or dips - no need to do both.