• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IFBB worlds in INdia - pics and vids

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, that's what I meant, thanks...

Here's a not so bad pic:

Salama-1.jpg

Funny after all he got 5th...

Sammi Al Hadad(up to 90kg) won the overall...

****kkkkkkkkkkkkk look at that BDB!!!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about the 3 deaths at this show so far? Don't mention the drugs or something cus we don't want another mickeymouse on our asses lol.
Please explain...

That Salama's back is ****ing beautiful!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Syrian bodybuilder dies during tourney
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, November 06, 2011

Syrian bodybuilder Mahmoud Ibrahim Alhdidi, 29, who was to participate in the Men's World Amateur Bodybuilding Championship in Mumbai, died on Friday night of a suspected cardiac arrest during the weigh-in. Tournament organisers and Indian Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation general secretary Sanjay More confirming the news. "He fell unconscious yesterday due to dehydration and was rushed to a hospital in suburban Malad, where he was declared dead for suspected heart attack," said More.

Over 180 bodybuilders are competing in nine different categories in the tournament, the preliminaries for which were held at the Bhaidas hall in Vile Parle (West) on Saturday. The finals will be held at the Andheri Sports Complex on Sunday.

Bodybuilders usually go on a crash diet a week before the competition to bring their weight down to permissible limits and even stop drinking water during that period. An eyewitness told Hindustan Times on condition of anonymity that Alhdidi was unwell even before he came to the weigh-in and had to be brought on a wheelchair. He fell down and sustained a head injury during the weigh-in and was taken to the hospital after he started vomiting and fell unconscious, added the eyewitness.

Alhdidi was to participate in the 75kg category. Syria has sent a seven-member contingent for the competition but efforts to contact the manager or other players proved futile.

While the organisers maintained that dehydration was the cause of death, the police are not willing to rule out the possibility of overdose of drugs used to reduce weight rapidly.

"We have not given a clean chit to anybody as yet. We have sent samples of the supplements in the athlete's room for examination. The body has been sent for post-mortem and we will be able to ascertain the exact cause of death only after we get the reports," said Ramrao Pawar, additional commissioner of police (north region).

BgffH-1.jpg

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ Thats sad, very sad... and at multiple levels too!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
@ Flex yep that one, plus another 2 after prejudging. No official news about that yet.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Flex yep that one, plus another 2 after prejudging. No official news about that yet.

Really? Could you please post that sad news?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think when you show up to weigh-ins looking pale white, and need to be dragged around in a wheelchair. That's a pretty good sign that you need to drop out of the competition. Was it really worth it?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I think when you show up to weigh-ins looking pale white, and need to be dragged around in a wheelchair. That's a pretty good sign that you need to drop out of the competition. Was it really worth it?

in my opinion no.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
damn 3 in one show? maybe these europeans have better conditioning then americans due to the drug difference .

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn 3 in one show? maybe these europeans have better conditioning then americans due to the drug difference .
Everyone is saying the Europeans go pretty crazy with their diuretics. Whether or not that's true, I'm not sure.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Cork

Cork

Of course that **** isn't worth it. Did he think he was going to die? I doubt it. Such a shame.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

North Americans have better size due to drug difference. I don't want to start a continent battle here, but if american BB's are competing at +120kg and europeans at barely 95-100, that's not genetics or training or diet.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
North Americans have better size due to drug difference. I don't want to start a continent battle here, but if american BB's are competing at +120kg and europeans at barely 95-100, that's not genetics or training or diet.

When Flex Wheeler visited my country in 2007 he said that our biggest mistake is that we measure AAS in milligrams instead of grams... :)

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course that **** isn't worth it. Did he think he was going to die? I doubt it. Such a shame.
That's the problem with this sport, the people that succeed are the idiots that hardly care for their health.

That would be why it is BY FAR the worst sport to try to make a career out of.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
That's the problem with this sport, the people that succeed are the idiots that hardly care for their health.

QFT

shame.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree only with the second part. I mean, Haney walked away injury free and healthy, Levrone is healthy, Jay apparently looks healthy, etc. Of course, much of them are gone: Luke Wood, Andreas Muntzer, etc, but your statement suggests "the guy who use mores drugs, wins".

That's exactly the "point" my non-bodybuilding friends have against me. And that's pure bull****.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree only with the second part. I mean, Haney walked away injury free and healthy, Levrone is healthy, Jay apparently looks healthy, etc. Of course, much of them are gone: Luke Wood, Andreas Muntzer, etc, but your statement suggests "the guy who use mores drugs, wins".

That's exactly the "point" my non-bodybuilding friends have against me. And that's pure bull****.
I expected a response like this, but that is not what my statement suggests. My point is not that the guys who use the most drugs, make the best bodybuilders. My point is if you want to make it as one of the top bodybuilders in the world, you have to be willing to put your health and life at risk. Anyone that argues long-term AAS abusing is perfectly healthy is in denial.

Guys like Haney and Levrone may have walked away from the sport healthy (as far as we know), but they still took that risk to be at the top. This is why Jay Cutler wanted to retire at a young age in his mid-thirties, but he doesn't seem to want to give it up.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ok, I should be sure about your point. Yeah, of course, if you are a pro, your health would be in risk. Even most amateurs health is in risk. Again, I agree with your second statement, making a career from BB would probably would bring "side effects" and yeah, that's a shame.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When Flex Wheeler visited my country in 2007 he said that our biggest mistake is that we measure AAS in milligrams instead of grams... :)

Yeah, I've heard that before. Of course he was kidding, but drug abuse is more common in the US than in the European Union, as of today.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Funny how you guys starting yapping about American vs European BBers and whos on what drug and dosage.... when the guy who died is a Syrian and for the past good 6 or 7 years, IFBB World Championships have been dominated by Arabs!!!!!!