• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I'm Back

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5-22-07
Cardio

Again, just like yesterday did some light cardio to get back into the swing of things. I ran for 8:37 today and I felt a lot better than yesterday while I was running it and I got farther so hell yea. Same tomorrow...but I'm gonna bump it up to 9 minutes, watch out.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
5-22-07
Cardio

Again, just like yesterday did some light cardio to get back into the swing of things. I ran for 8:37 today and I felt a lot better than yesterday while I was running it and I got farther so hell yea. Same tomorrow...but I'm gonna bump it up to 9 minutes, watch out.

walking will get the job done as far as fat loss in concerned.. running is no good if your looking to maintain as much muscle as possible.. many will disagree with me on this subject.. but oh well. start with 15 mins incline walk, walk at a pace where you can still hold a conversation with someone next to you.. just my advice..

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've heard that but I just dont think it works for me. I like to run anyways. Plus I walk 18 holes of golf every Sunday so I get plenty of walking in anyways.

fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looks like a good diet sticking to any diet is what kills me so good luck

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea I dont have a problem sticking to diets for the most part. I'm already seeing and feeling results so I don't think I'll have a problem.

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5-23-07
Cardio

Ran for 9:04 today and it was alright. I struggled a little towards the end but I managed. Tomorrow I will run for 9:30 and I should be alright. I will have to run earlier in the day because I have to go to a wedding rehersal dinner at 5:30 tomorrow so I will run early. We will see how that works out. Until then...

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Hey man, read your comment in my log. Thanks :hsughr:

Serb's right, you will lose muscle this way, but like you I also have a hard time losing weight without it. Running or swimming does it for me. And you like to run :xyxthumbs:

If you keep bumping up the time you'll be running over 20 minutes in no time, which is a good place to shoot for as far as cardiovascular fitness and weight loss goes. A lot of it is mental and figuring out how to pace yourself. I started running in like 7th grade, doing a mile at a time. In 9th grade I was doing two miles, then I ran cross country as a junior and senior, and now I can pretty much go forever. That's not because I'm sweet, it's just 'cause I know how to do it now.

My cross country coach believed in a 'long and strong' approach; run long distance one day at a moderate pace, then go shorter distance the next day at a faster tempo. On the 'strong' days you could also include hill sprints, repeats, whatever you feel like. That works pretty good for me, but go with how your body feels. You might want to find a track or measure out a mile course near your house and do that every other day, and try to beat your previous times. On days you're not doing the mile, try and go for a longer time than you've done before regardless of how fast you're going.

Also, make sure you've got some good shoes. A bad pair of running shoes will destroy you. Finally, and possibly most importantly, take at least one day off a week!!! New runners can even take 2-3 days off from running a week. Like weightlifting, your body needs the time to recover. Running puts a lot of strain on the body.

I hope I didn't tell you anything you didn't already know. Let me know if I can help with anything, and good luck with the cutting!

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey man thanks for the great info. I will prolly incorporate the long and strong approach for the first couple of weeks to get me ready for HIIT. I have a fair bit of knowledge about running because my mom runs marathons a lot. I also know the value of a good running shoe, I run in Asics which is what she runs in and I have not had any problems. Thanks for the advices man. Repped.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Palmetto said:
I have a fair bit of knowledge about running because my mom runs marathons a lot.
Yeah, she'll know more than I do. That's awesome! I might do a marathon some day.

Good luck on the HIIT; running will definitely get you a good base endurance for other training.

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea I agree...she does know more about running but not about diet and stuff. So we kind of help each other out. I'm hoping this form of cardio will help with that hard HIIT too. Thanks again man.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I swear to god if I read more time that cardio makes you lose muscle I'm going to shoot somebody in the fucking throat.

quit being a pussy...do some HIIT already :spy:

excuses excuses :no:

:hay:

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:tear: I never said cardio makes you loose muscle. Man I will get to HIIT soon enough. Why you so mean to me?

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Go back to stealing saltiens and mustard from old guys that get beat up at GNC. You are the scum of the earth. :no:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont gotta steal saltines today :49:

I got a free pizza from the pizza place next door though :Badger: :hsughr:

its delicious too :hsughr: spicy crust :hsughr:

I wasn't being mean to you sugar :gaygay:

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You miss talking to me on AIM? You like how I just left you. :spy:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Palmetto said:
You miss talking to me on AIM? You like how I just left you. :spy:

:tear: :tear: :tear:

nigger :no:

I miss you :tear:

mmmm free pizza tastes delicious

I'm about to make your S/N my bitch :spy:

I love you :spy:

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just ate too...had a cup of spinach with 2 tbsp of non-fat itallian dressing and a tbsp of peanut butter. MMM cutting...:no:

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
5-24-07
Cardio

Nothing special here. Just like any other day. I ran for 9:41 today. I will bump it up to 10:00 tomorrow and then I start weights and cardio on monday. :skurred:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak,

i mean this with all respect.. but running will make you loose muscle.. im not talking about the occasional jog, im talking about running like a moron for an hour a day.. your going to look like a sprinter.. i can back this up with research if your really interested. now, mind you.. not everyone wants to look like a bodybuilder, surely we know that you dont.. so its ok for guys like you, but guys who want to maintain as much mass as possible.. running is out of the question.. name me one pro that runs while dieting? yes there are a few, but seriously.

blah blah. Marko mentioned a pro bber again.. yes i did.. these guys have gurus working with them that have studied the ins and outs of the game.. even though these guys are not natural, it still doesnt take away from their knowledge of the sport.. your a noob, deal with it

haha