• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler - Day After the 2001 Olympia

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie had better back,chest and arms.Jays midsection killed Ronnies.It looked like Jay hadnt any skin on it and Ronnies was just watery..and those legs..Jay beat Ronnie in those that year.Size wise Ronnie had little bigger quads,but Jays sweep,shape and striations was too much for Ronnie to handle.
I think they were very even at the end ,but i really think that 2001 Olympia sandow shouldve been Jays.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^
I agree. Especially Jay's midsection looked so much better.

Too bad that when they turned around...it was pretty much game over!

But, this is propably the only year we have seen some striations in Jay's glutes. Jay also had better separation in his quads.

We really could argue who should have won that year and that would lead us where? Exactly, nowhere.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But, this is propably the only year we have seen some striations in Jay's glutes. Jay also had better separation in his quads.
he had 2006 also..
2006olympia_pre_men152-1.jpg

We really could argue who should have won that year and that would lead us where? Exactly, nowhere.
Youre right ,but it can be fun sometimes:tiphat:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From a bodybuilding perspective, I think 2006 was better than 2001 for Jay. Overall bigger (not just waist), with a much better chest and especially back. Conditioning in 06 was close to 01 (Jay got tighter in the night show as well).

2006 = better imo.
2001 = more pleasing physique.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From a bodybuilding perspective, I think 2006 was better than 2001 for Jay. Overall bigger (not just waist), with a much better chest and especially back. Conditioning in 06 was close to 01 (Jay got tighter in the night show as well).

2006 = better imo.
2001 = more pleasing physique.

I kinda agree, but I think the "pleasing" affect should be a factor. What I mean is, if your huge and no one likes the look then why even bother? 01 Cutler, I consider one of the best. He just looked awesome.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I kinda agree, but I think the "pleasing" affect should be a factor. What I mean is, if your huge and no one likes the look then why even bother? 01 Cutler, I consider one of the best. He just looked awesome.

Well, not many people in pro-bodybuilding will have a "pleasing" physique to the general public. But I do get what you're saying.

As we all know, judges want to see mass. However, the pursuit of mass tends to ruin lines. What can ya do? :wutyousay:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks better in the pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, perfect for me

but i thought that his legs were bigger, oh well he still looks perfect

Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Ruhlforever

Definetely the best Jay look, how did he got it??? (Furosamide-diuretics) in 2006 He ALMOST brought the condition he displayed in 2001 but he failed and besides three weeks prior to competition he got another strange illness he always catch before competition.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
now thats a jay we want to all look like..he looks fantastic! His right bicep actually used to be bigger..he's got Will Sanders(me) syndrome after tearing it lol

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
you could actually see his lower back in those days lol, too bad he is not nearly as conditioned as that anymore

R

Ruhlforever

This condition requires lots of diuretics and T3-T4-DNP, well, someone punished Mustafa Mohammed for not bringing the 2005 condition where he almost died totally DEHYDRATED, in 2001 Mr Olympia Jay really performed, posed and almost win being POSITIVE in diuretic test, and the unfair situation is that Markus Ruhl was disqualified for testing positive in 2000 Mr.Olympia, same situation with Nasser El Sonbaty in 1996, so, I prefer Jay to be alive than dying in competition as Mohammed Benaziza or Paul Dillet.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RIP paul dillet

now seriously, i completely agree with you Ruhlforever, safety first