• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Green AC 2009 vs. Phil Heath Mr. O 2008

Vote here

• Kai Greene

Votes: 56 45.5%
  • Phil Heath

Votes: 67 54.5%

• Total voters
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I pick Phil. His shape and structure just look so much better in nearly every shot, imo.

A

active_transport

sorry members if i seemed too harsh

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I was a judge I'd probably give it to Kai.

I'll look closer at the pics later.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back thickness IS phil. From these pictures I don't understand how you don't see that. As far as my leg detail comment goes, Kai indeed has the feathered vastas lateralis, but Phil has far more cuts in his quads.

and i just don't begin to understand how you think that a pro, with a self admitted prognosis on his back that it needs to be brought up to match the rest of him on top of that being the consensus from others (magazines, commentary) has a better back then a man who is starting to get the rep for having the best lats in the business post ronnie.

i mean, to each his own, phil does have beautiful structure especially in his back and i see how you can prefer that, but the denisty (especially the lower lat thickness, just look when kai pulls his arms back before he does his rear lat spread, ridiculous) absolutely goes to kai as does the width. phil's clavicles preclude that. though i will add that phil does have better detail in the rear lat spread.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil wins.I think Phils has better combination of size ,shape and detail.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
skeptic i refer to point 1 of our convo on msn last month.
1) he who ever believed jay cutler has an aesthetic physique should pretty much be ignored in any physique conversion. (you)
Only joking, i think your off a bit on some of your calls tho kurt. His legs more detailed then kais? :bitelip:

The scale of these photos is pretty off. But still for the sake of the thread

front lat- Kai
front double bi- Heath
Side chest-kai
side tri- Heath I mean kai, Heaths arms are better and its hard to overlook how good they are but kai is much thicker over the rest of the body
Rear lat- Kai
Rear double bi-kai
Most muscular- heath (transforms in this pose, reminds me of lee priest)
Abs and thighs- kai, he shouldn't lose in this pose to anyone

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
and i just don't begin to understand how you think that a pro, with a self admitted prognosis on his back that it needs to be brought up to match the rest of him on top of that being the consensus from others (magazines, commentary) has a better back then a man who is starting to get the rep for having the best lats in the business post ronnie.

i mean, to each his own, phil does have beautiful structure especially in his back and i see how you can prefer that, but the denisty (especially the lower lat thickness, just look when kai pulls his arms back before he does his rear lat spread, ridiculous) absolutely goes to kai as does the width. phil's clavicles preclude that. though i will add that phil does have better detail in the rear lat spread.

We aren't talking about what Phil thinks of himself or what others say about him, we are talking about these pictures, and in these pictures Phil has a thicker back than Kai. It may very well be lighting and angle blah blah etc. But phils back is thicker. There has never been anything wrong with phils thickness in the back... its always been his width.

I am by no means a Kai hater, I am indeed a big supporter, but from these pictures it is (not easily) but a Phil win.

skeptic i refer to point 1 of our convo on msn last month.
1) he who ever believed jay cutler has an aesthetic physique should pretty much be ignored in any physique conversion. (you)
Only joking, i think your off a bit on some of your calls tho kurt. His legs more detailed then kais? :bitelip:

:umwtf:

justrelaxin

justrelaxin

Heath all the way. Ain't no comparison

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
we are talking about these pictures, and in these pictures Phil has a thicker back than Kai.
Kais back is thicker in the lats, check front lat, even abs and thighs. (sure they look weak sauce in front double bis but its only because kai poses double biceps like a muppet even as a muppet u can see his lats are thicker then heaths)
Look at the rear lat and rear double bi, kai is a lot thicker especially in the lower lats.

From these pics, Heath appears wider, Even more aesthetic from the rear, but thicker definately not. its almost like comparing jays back with ronnies back in his prime(98 to '05). There were always people saying jays back was thicker no matter how ridiculously wrong they were.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Theres more than lats in the back :hyperguy:

Phils lats might be a tad thinner than Kai's, but check tthe rest of the back. We're talking about overall back, and the thickness phil lacks in lats he more than makes up with in upper/middle/lower back.

The comparison you made is totally off. Is totally irrelevant to this conversation.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see what Skeptic is saying. Kai may have thicker lats but Phil's back as a whole is thicker (traps, middle back, and all those other small muscles in the back).
And what he's trying to say about Phils leg having more detail than Kai's, he is saying how Phil's quads have more cuts in it. Kai does have the cross-striated quads, but Phil's quads are fully separated and you can clearly see the each of the quad muscles. Kai's quads look watery in the sartorius area (inner thighs). Therefore, as a whole, Phil has more complete quads. But Kai's quads are still one of the most shredded quads I have seen.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This goes to Kai. Phil is more dry, but Kai has him in width and he takes this pose. Not the best picture of Kai here.

-Kai Greene
KaiGreene PhilHeath

KaiGreene PhilHeath2

Kai's got the width again, but this shot goes to Phil easy. Lower body is close, but upper body isn't.

-Phil Heath

KaiGreene PhilHeath3

KaiGreene PhilHeath4

This is close. Lower body is entirely Kai with the exception of glutes. I give upper body to Phil, even though Kai has better shape. I could not choose one or the other in this shot.

-Tie

56027959-1.jpg

Phil easily IMO. Phil only loses in width and hamstrings.

-Phil Heath

54313093-1.jpg

Gotta give this one to Kai.

-Kai Greene

92080424-1.jpg

Phil easily. Nobody in the IFBB beats Phil in the side tricep. Possibly Federov if he stopped slacking.

-Phil Heath

29826246-1.jpg

Kai Greene, nobody beats Kai Greene in the abs/thigh.

-Kai Greene

56868655-1.jpg

Not a good picture of Phil. This would be a tie with a better picture.

-Tie

Overall I don't think I can choose a winner and loser. This is too close to call, if I had to choose one it would be Heath.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I see what Skeptic is saying. Kai may have thicker lats but Phil's back as a whole is thicker (traps, middle back, and all those other small muscles in the back).
And what he's trying to say about Phils leg having more detail than Kai's, he is saying how Phil's quads have more cuts in it. Kai does have the cross-striated quads, but Phil's quads are fully separated and you can clearly see the each of the quad muscles. Kai's quads look watery in the sartorius area (inner thighs). Therefore, as a whole, Phil has more complete quads. But Kai's quads are still one of the most shredded quads I have seen.

:2:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heath for me. His physique is structurally more aesthetic.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
kn609 made a good point about what Kurt said, and i agree. For me Phil wins, and we'll see this year at the O, how Phil will battle for the title (top 2 for sure) and Kai probably around top 5 imo.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kai...........the main man