• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Greene and the Grapefruit.....

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Again, I doubt the public's lack of understanding has anything to do with high-tier pros doing anything amoral for money. If the sport is labeled as "gay" it's more likely because, following the AIDS epidemic, a large percentage of afflicted homosexual males began training and getting bigger to hide the toll that the disease was taking on their body. Thus, large muscular physiques became a bit synonymous with homosexuality. People today are likely obvious to this fact yet the connection between the "lifestyles" remains. Also, as the general consensus is that if you're an adult male watching overly-hypertrophied men pose in tiny trunks, you're probably gay anyway. Again, this mindset has little to do with what goes on "behind the scenes".

Again, the majority of fans and followers of bodybuilding have already forgiven him and there is no way information like this will leak into the public's eye, at least during the span of his career. Bodybuilding simply will not become that popular that quick. He hasn't committed a crime, he just did some things for money that he most likely won't go back to.

I'm sure that he'll be fine. For the third time, bodybuilding is a sport that tends to protect the personal interests of its athletes better than others; a fortunate condition made possible only through our unfortunate obscurity. Most of the muckraking that goes on is amongst fellow pros or business heads in the form of rivalries but publications and companies rarely invest time dragging the athletes through the filth.

Are you fairly certain he is not doing this kind of thing anymore? if he has indeed ceased this kind of behavior than he does deserve to be forgiven and it becomes a non-issue. sometimes people make questionable decisions when they are in financial distress and it should not be held against them, i agree. my main issue is if he is still doing such things, there is no need. regardless of bodybuilding's popularity or what have you, he is one of the best athletes in the premier bodybuilding federation in the world, these actions reflect negatively on our sport. period.

this guy would be all over the weider publications if he had made different decisions. oh well, live and learn i guess.