• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

King Kamali 2010 Olympia Predictions

• Thread starter The King Of Lurkers
  • Start date
kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I recall watching a video of O-lifters training were some of them threw the bar in front of them after each set of back squats. Those guys are kinda nuts.
Actually I do that sometimes. But never with heavy weight. More control than just dropping it off your back.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually I do that sometimes. But never with heavy weight. More control than just dropping it off your back.

i thought you didnt workout anymore:bitelip:

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought you didnt workout anymore:bitelip:
Hm, let me rephrase that, I don't work out like a bodybuilder anymore. When I said I don't work out anymore, I meant that I don't work out in order to improve my physique. I've since taken up Olympic weight lifting, something you could never do. Even then, I still haven't been training in general just because of my circumstances, plus loss of motivation.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hm, let me rephrase that, I don't work out like a bodybuilder anymore. When I said I don't work out anymore, I meant that I don't work out in order to improve my physique. I've since taken up Olympic weight lifting, something you could never do. Even then, I still haven't been training in general just because of my circumstances, plus loss of motivation.

my military press is one of my strongest lifts:bitelip:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
my military press is one of my strongest lifts:bitelip:

now tell me how that helps to get the bar from the floor to over your head or to shoulder level.

clean alone you need to be good at arse to grass squats to drive the bar up and then after the intial drive you have to incorporate elements of high pull, upright rows and front squats to be able to get it even to the shoulder.

we've all seen your legs and its obvious you dont squat arse to grass. You trying olympic lifts would look like a man doing a reverse cheat curl on <50% bw.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Ive done that before aswell... i didnt have much weight on but yeah...

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pressing has very little to do with weightlifting. I can snatch more than I overhead press.

HHAHAHAHAHAHA, you are possibly the dumbest
person alive. Oh man you really made me laugh there. Hahah holy shit.

what? i have to snatch a lot also, because both my deadlift and my military press are very strong

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what? i have to snatch a lot also, because both my deadlift and my military press are very strong
lololol, man you crack me up.
You're making it sound as if all you need is strength to do Oly lifting. :rofl3:
It takes precise technique, skill, and athleticism to do Oly lifting. Now I'm not going to go and assume you do not hone skill and athleticism, but technique is not something that is acquired so easily. First, you would have no chance of learning the correct technique by yourself by just watching instructional videos. Unless you were to have someone show you how to do everything with the correct technique, you wouldn't get it. There's a lot of intricate details in the technique that normal lifters don't see in Oly lifting. There are some people that can pick it up on their own, such as Tim, but there's only so much you can learn by yourself without having someone with true experience with the sport to teach you. I, too, underestimated just how much technique there really is behind the lifts when I was picking it up on my own. And there's no doubt in my mind that you would truly underestimate the required technique for these lifts.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lololol, man you crack me up.
You're making it sound as if all you need is strength to do Oly lifting. :rofl3:
It takes precise technique, skill, and athleticism to do Oly lifting. Now I'm not going to go and assume you do not hone skill and athleticism, but technique is not something that is acquired so easily. First, you would have no chance of learning the correct technique by yourself by just watching instructional videos. Unless you were to have someone show you how to do everything with the correct technique, you wouldn't get it. There's a lot of intricate details in the technique that normal lifters don't see in Oly lifting. There are some people that can pick it up on their own, such as Tim, but there's only so much you can learn by yourself without having someone with true experience with the sport to teach you. I, too, underestimated just how much technique there really is behind the lifts when I was picking it up on my own. And there's no doubt in my mind that you would truly underestimate the required technique for these lifts.

My technique is limited and I can only progress so far before my form breaks down. Really need a coach.

Lurcher said:

Deadlift is not a snatch or clean. In fact it is the easy part of the lifts, not the hard part that requires speed, skill and strength. This is like saying you can drive a car so you should be able to fly a helicopter without any training or coaching.