• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

King Kamali 2010 Olympia Predictions

• Thread starter The King Of Lurkers
  • Start date
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Come on guys, he's the King...

...King of quarter deadlifts with a spotter:

Comparisons 2017 Arnold Classic 4

BFTO2001

Attachments

• theking.jpg
    theking.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 246
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'd forgotten that video. I must have fast forwarded through his part.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMAO spots during quarter deads... but he does have a good back, if anything.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
what the hell?

first I see smeone assited in the deadlift... it takes all the manlyhood of the lift..

LOL@ " I know Ronnie likes to do full deads.. meh.. but that gives him a blocky waist... quarter deads just make my back thick, that works for me..."

LOLOLOL

kingkamali-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel the same way about spotting squats to be quite honest. Spotting the deadlift is a first though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Kamali is nothing but the king of fail, I don't even consider him a legitimate Pro, but hey, he gives me hope. If he can get a Pro Card, so should I...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I feel the same way about spotting squats to be quite honest. Spotting the deadlift is a first though.

I understand but its different. If you cant lift the deads you cant pick them up or if you give out they just go down. If you fail during squats it can be much more dangerous.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand but its different. If you cant lift the deads you cant pick them up or if you give out they just go down. If you fail during squats it can be much more dangerous.

Which is why you squat in a rack.

Also I've always liked watching the weightlifters; they seem to be able to dump a loaded bar no matter what position they are in. Why is it so hard for the rest of us??

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

Also I've always liked watching the weightlifters; they seem to be able to dump a loaded bar no matter what position they are in. Why is it so hard for the rest of us??

Coz is scarry :bitenails:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
makes me lol that he has one of the widest waists in the world and still trains with partials to keep his waist down. lol

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Different stance i would assume. You see a lot of people lifting like they see in powerlifting videos, bent over very far. If your legs collapse at that angle you can't really push the weight off of you, but olympic lifters are always more verticle with their back angle so they have an easier time dumping the weight.

Also, partially unrelated, since they do more front squats than back that is much easier to just eject on the lift.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also, partially unrelated, since they do more front squats than back that is much easier to just eject on the lift.
I would highly disagree with this. Front squats are much harder to escape in a failed attempt than a back squat. It's easy to escape at the height of the movement, but if you're at the bottom and you can't get it up, it's much harder than just rolling the bar down your back.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would highly disagree with this. Front squats are much harder to escape in a failed attempt than a back squat. It's easy to escape at the height of the movement, but if you're at the bottom and you can't get it up, it's much harder than just rolling the bar down your back.

Yes I agree. In the rock bottom position of the back squat you just have to let go and jump forward and you are out of the way. In the front squat you are still under the weight when you let go and thus have to jump further and quicker which makes it much harder to get out from under.

Anyway, the main point I was making was that weightlifters learn how to move around the bar and also how to dump a loaded bar. As a result they can get out from under a loaded bar with a quick movement. PLers and BBers quite often have no idea of what quick is, let alone how to make that move while under load.

From my own experience, I learnt this skill only (relatively) recently and I was amazed at how easy it was to get out from under max lifts (just about everything bar bench). I missed a squat and just hopped forward out from under the bar when I would have normall have had to lower it to the pins (and possibly cause a strain due to poor positioning).

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I recall watching a video of O-lifters training were some of them threw the bar in front of them after each set of back squats. Those guys are kinda nuts.