• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lifts of the King

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Doing them both together is too great a drain on my energy, especially if I do deads first. Plus heavy squats can really tax my back which I don't want to do prior to deads. I used to do them on the same day but I was only deading 140kg for 5 back then, now I'll do 180-190 x3.

hmm well im going to try it out for a couple weeks because i dont want to work my hammies hard two days in a row if i switch deads to upper, and i want to do them twice a week.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Maybe do alternate heavy/light days eg.

M: heavy squats 6 x 3
T: light deads 3 x 5
W: rest
T: light squats 3 x 8
F: heavy deads 6 x 3

or use some other movements on lower intensity eg.
M: back squats 6 x 3
T: good mornings 3 x 8
W: rest
T: front squats 3 x 8
F: deads 6 x 3

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well im going to do an upper lower split
M-lower
T-upper
W-rest
T-lower
F-upper

so im going to do deads and squats on lower days, bench and overhead press on upper as my compounds, and the other exercises i listed earlier.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Well good luck with it, let us know how you go. However if you feel that one lift is being adversely effected by the other then I'd suggest using one of my alternatives.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well good luck with it, let us know how you go. However if you feel that one lift is being adversely effected by the other then I'd suggest using one of my alternatives.

yea im going to see how it is for a few weeks and maybe switch it up if i need to. i did it this way before and results were good though. also my leg strength has been bad since ive started school, im thinking because of all the hills i have to walk every day rips them apart:ugh: so im still not sure what im going to do about that:ughnoes:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well im going to do an upper lower split
M-lower
T-upper
W-rest
T-lower
F-upper

so im going to do deads and squats on lower days, bench and overhead press on upper as my compounds, and the other exercises i listed earlier.

Looks good.Dont over do it:xyxthumbs:

Till

Till

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking good and good luck. I know that Tunen (that sexy little bastard) have done squats and deads in the same sessions for some time now, but I guess you have to be careful not to overdo it, as DA said... Looking forward to see some results.