• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Matarazzo

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
Hi guys,

A couple days ago I read in Dennis James FB page that Mike Matarazzo died - I believe due to a cardiac condition.

Any info/confirmation on this?

Mike Matarazzo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
He did die on the 17th. I will post more about it soon and we will set up a tribute thread or something or a tribute in a pro list page for him.

Mike Matarrazo

Via Wiki

On August 3rd, 2014, Matarazzo was in the intensive care unit of Stanford hospital in Palo Alto due to heart complications. The information was transmitted by his wife, Lacey Matarazzo (nee Porter), via longtime friend Mel Chancey's Facebook page, and reposted on various bodybuilding websites. On August 17, 2014, Mel Chancey, a longtime family friend, announced via Facebook that Matarazzo had died in the ICU at Stanford hospital while awaiting a heart transplant.

Freagin sad.. he was waiting for a new heart.. he had a very long career and I will be adding a pro list page for him tomorrow and we will get some articles and stuff up too.
 
C

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
743
Points
28
RIP Mike Matarazzo!

I hate it so much to see good bodybuilders die so young. It happens to much.
 
N

NewMan

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
61
Points
6
RIP Mike Matarazzo!

I hate it so much to see good bodybuilders die so young. It happens to much.
You are right. It seems like it is going on so much.

Rip Mike.
 
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
3,337
Points
38
That is a very sad news _ he was a very good BBer!
Growing up as BBing fan, one of my favorite comments/compliments was from Flex when one of the writers (forgetting the name) said "Mike has one shoulder in one time-zone while the other in another" _ :icon_biggrin:
Sooo true! But this news is sooo sad!
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
I am working on a new Mike Matarazzo pro page for him right now but this all got me thinking seeing as so many die young.

What would guys thing about us adding a new forum for passing body builders sort of like a Tribute thing.. Not sure of a name or anything yet but we can add bb'ers post there when they die and make tribute posts, etc..

Here is the Mike Matarazzo Pro List page and bodybuilding bio.

Mike Matarazzo
 
Last edited:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Great idea!
 
  • Like
Reactions: TalkAdmin
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
I concur.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TalkAdmin
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
RIP Mike. Very sad to hear this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TalkAdmin

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

Similar threads

FrenzyMaster
Replies
0
Views
903
FrenzyMaster
FrenzyMaster
underbody
Replies
0
Views
2K
underbody
underbody
underbody
Replies
6
Views
5K
Torres
Torres
TalkAdmin
Replies
2
Views
17K
grip--banned
G
Top