• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Matt Kroczaleski to Compete in BBing

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"The morning started off well and things were going as planned as I weighed in at 214 pounds and I felt ready for battle. The scale was a little on the light side. Prior to us even beginning the diet, Shelby predicted that I’d weigh 215 pounds on stage. The dude is like the Nostradamus of the dieting world."

Pingu's link.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I was describing his pre-meet photos I think.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lol, he's up by 30 lbs 3 days after the show - freaking insane.

30lbs20in20320days20post20show-1.jpg

Rebounding pretty well!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
He talks about how he drops 30lbs or so to make weight for PL events then puts it back on over night.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Looking back at his contest pics, his tan was fucked up, extremely blotchy

co05

co05

He talks about how he drops 30lbs or so to make weight for PL events then puts it back on over night.

Yeah, but that's purely water weight. Isn't this that post-diet rebound growth?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
the 30lbs he just put on would be largely water weight also.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, but that's purely water weight. Isn't this that post-diet rebound growth?

Water, carbs, shit (literally). If you have been starving yourself then your bowels are relatively empty, the rest of the time they would have a few kilos of food and shit being shunted through them.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont think he means over night literally....

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Yes I do.

From The Boston Seminar

Jim Wendler interviews Champion Powerlifter Matt Kroczaleski for EliteFTS.com. Topics: Diet and Cardio, Making Weight and Re-hydration after weigh ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lolol, fighters do the same. I reckon i could get upto 100kgs and fight in light heavies hyperthetically making weight then getting back upto 100 by the next day for the fight.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lolol, fighters do the same. I reckon i could get upto 100kgs and fight in light heavies hyperthetically making weight then getting back upto 100 by the next day for the fight.

you can make the class but thats about it... forget about being competetive! You'd be so bloody out of stregnth (huffing & puffing) its not funny... Remember Roy Jones Jr...!!!

You better believe the weight that you loose in a hurry with diuretics/suana ... sure you can gain it back in a day (I personally gained 9 KG over night after the last BB contest I did) but you NEVER gain back enough strength ... not even after three or four days... trust me stregnth does not come back as quickely as the weight does!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
you can make the class but thats about it... forget about being competetive! You'd be so bloody out of stregnth (huffing & puffing) its not funny... Remember Roy Jones Jr...!!!

You better believe the weight that you loose in a hurry with diuretics/suana ... sure you can gain it back in a day (I personally gained 9 KG over night after the last BB contest I did) but you NEVER gain back enough strength ... not even after three or four days... trust me stregnth does not come back as quickely as the weight does!

Not necessarily, sometimes people perform really well even after that stress. Wrestlers do it all the time to get the edge on their competitors.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

Did you watch the videos I posted?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Did you watch the videos I posted?

Yes I did... may be theres a reason why people ask him how much strength he loses? Trust me as far I am concerned this is not hearsay... this is what I experienced! I am not saying Matts not telling the truth but he would be one of a few very rare cases who get the strength back... like I said Roy Jones couldnt stand during the weigh-ins and even when he gained all the weight back he did not look even remotely close to the Roy Jones Jr of old!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Boxing is different to powerlifting. Putting 30lbs of food and fluids into your body over night effects your conditioning..... what conditioning do you need for powerlifting?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes I did... may be theres a reason why people ask him how much strength he loses? Trust me as far I am concerned this is not hearsay... this is what I experienced! I am not saying Matts not telling the truth but he would be one of a few very rare cases who get the strength back... like I said Roy Jones couldnt stand during the weigh-ins and even when he gained all the weight back he did not look even remotely close to the Roy Jones Jr of old!

Yes and the fact that Roy Jones Jr was not the fighter he used to be has nothing to do with it :bitelip:

There are a couple of issues with weight rebound. The first is how much weight is lost and in what manner, different methods will result in different physiological setbacks. The second is that it depends on what proportion of your bodyweight you are losing and regaining. The third is the level of performance required. Skeptic alluded to the last point; a boxer or someone requiring intense effort for sustained periods is completely different from someone who only has to waddle up and squat 3 times (to quote Wendler).