• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mayweather vs. McGregor

R

rz3300

Banned
Again today I got the soundbyte of McGregor saying that he expects to have him knocked out in the first round, which just solidifies for me that this is all hype and I think the fight will be pretty lame. I hope that I am wrong, but it just feels that way.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, he is a sell out for money now..

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As expected by the pundits, Floyd Mayweather won via referee stoppage on the 10th round. Not bad for Conor McGregor who is not a boxer but he lasted that long with Mayweather. McGregor won in the early rounds so the score is not really a shutout. But the ending cannot be denied because it was obvious that McGregor had already lost steam and was on his way to losing in whatever fashion. And the winners are.... Mayweather and McGregor for the bout earned so much money for them.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, all just a big scam for money.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well it was actually a little better than I had thought, but still a little disappointing. I happened to be able to watch it for free though so I consider that a win for me at least.

P

pwarbi

As you've both already said, both fighters have come out the winner due to the amount of money they have both earned. The result was never in question and I don't thik that McGregor even believed his own hype and the best he could do was try and last as long as he could. In the end, even though McGregor may have won the early rounds, looking back at the fight I do think that Mayweather was just toying with him, and while he's not got the power to knock many people out these days, I think he could have finished him off earlier if he wanted to.

Finishing the fight in the 10th round gave people value for money so to some degree I do think the result was fixed to suit everyone. McGregor didn't lose face, Mayweather kept his unbeaten record, and the people who paid to watch the fight got a spectacle to watch that wasn't over in a matter of minutes like it probably could have been.

R

rz3300

Banned
Okay, this is the last that I will care about this fight, at least that is what I am telling myself. McGregor said today he wished the ref would have let it go, but I am calling his bluff there as him getting KO'd would not have looked good, in my opinion.

P

pwarbi

I agree, and I also think that McGregor was more than happy how the fight as ended. It looks better for his reputation for him to come out and say what he did, he wished it had gone on but in reality Mayweather could have stopped him at any time he wanted, and deep down I think he knows that he got a bit of a lucky escape that Mayweather went easy on him.

With the way the two men looked at the end of the fight, I think that says it all and Mayweather looked as though he could have fought for another 10 rounds but McGregor on the other hand could hardly stand up.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now that the fight is over, the question is the money matters. How much did Conor McGregor earn for lasting 10 rounds in the boxing ring against Floyd Mayweather? For sure Mayweather earned more than 100 million usd. A hint by a UFC insider was that McGregor would be paid 30 million usd excluding the pay-per-view figures. Maybe McGregor can already retire with that kind of money.

P

pwarbi

McGregor could have retired before this fight with the money he has already earned. I think this fight was more about each fighters pride more than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, the money is important to both, but neither was depending on this fight to make ends meet!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
gibbs

gibbs

Banned
I actually think they just wanted to make more money. This fight was bull.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Reviewing the fight, it was a cautious lackluster one but if it was a street brawl with no rules all that it would take was a combination punch from Mayweather and McGregor would be done for, in a street brawl kicks can be easily avoided by a boxer by sidestepping inside and grappling or ground game isn't really effective because a boxer can punch you in the groin and that would end the match.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The whole time this fight was going on I was rooting for the Irishman and he did not dissapoint considering this was a whole new different territory for him.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I am not a fan of either one of them, but did anyone else feel like Floyd held back in this fight to some extent to make it more interesting? I don't know, and I feel like he could have made it very difficult for Conor towards the mid rounds but just didn't Conor did well. I am not sure if I believed what I watched.